Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Season 3 (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 5862 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: The Mandalorian - Season 3 (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2023, 08:18 AM »
Yeah, the Naboo connection was interesting. I wonder what's up there?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2023, 05:06 PM »
I loved it, way better than all that stuff with Pershing.

But yeah, how was that kid still alive? And what are they going to do with the “chicks”? Use them as watchdogs?

The flashback was super cool. Clones are way more accurate than Stormtroopers that’s for sure. I thought the Naboo connection was probably not insignificant too.

Nice job directing by Carl Weathers too!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2023, 10:57 AM »
Thankfully, they didn't have one of the Mandalorians fall during the climb to the nest so someone would have to save them. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2023, 12:58 PM »
I was watching the new episode again last night.  And with the opening scene showing the Mandalorians of the covert all training, I had to wonder - just what were the Mandalorians with the blasters shooting at???  The surface of the lake?  Target practice generally involves TARGETS!  A silly little nitpick, but one that caught my attention.

Evidently Ragnar Vizsla (was anyone else surprised about that?) is being played by Jimmy Kimmel's nephew.  He also played the Tusken child in The Book of Boba Fett.  It's gotta be nice to have connections!  Having Grogu train against Ragnar brought up all of these images of parents watching their kids playing sports.  And I got an undercurrent of tension between Din Djarin and Paz Vizsla as they were both watching the training match.  But then with the events of the hunting party saving Ragnar it seems like Paz Vizsla has come around to have some respect for Din Djarin and Bo-Katan.

I was a little surprised by the scene between the Armorer and Grogu.  It might have something to do with the fan theory that the Armorer is Rook Kast, who was part of Maul's faction towards the end of the Clone Wars.  But I still feel a little uneasy about her.  So it was surprising to me that she made Grogu a new piece of armor and has been encouraging him.  But to have that process trigger his ptsd was profound.

As for the flashback?  WOW!  It was sad to see those four Jedi fall trying to protect Grogu.  And then when the elevator door opened and Kelleran Beq was there?  I was so happy for Ahmed Best in that moment!  Because my daughter had watched Jedi Temple Challenge, and she immediately knew who he was.  And I know the hell that he's gone through since 1999, and he deserved to be treated so much better than he was.  I give ZERO ***** if someone calls his casting fan service.  I think it was a beautiful moment for him as an actor, and the scene tied in so well with the Order 66 sequences of ROTS.  The jeopardy for him and Grogu felt very real.

Yeah, the Naboo connection was interesting. I wonder what's up there?

I was wondering the same thing.  And does that mean that Grogu may have been in hiding on Naboo at some point?

As for the Raptor chicks?  I was asking my daughter whether she thought the Mandalorians were going to eat them or domesticate them?  She was leaning towards domesticating them so that they could be ridden.  And then that got me thinking of KOTOR, and the Mandalorians in that game talking about riding these Besalisk war droids in order to do airborne assaults, but that's going too far down the EU rabbit hole...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 12:59 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2023, 01:41 PM »
And then when the elevator door opened and Kelleran Beq was there?  I was so happy for Ahmed Best in that moment!  Because my daughter had watched Jedi Temple Challenge, and she immediately knew who he was.  And I know the hell that he's gone through since 1999, and he deserved to be treated so much better than he was. 

I hadn't even heard of Jedi Temple Challenge - I looked it up and its a kids game show hosted by Ahmed Best at Jedi Kelleran Beq.  Pretty cool.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2023, 03:03 PM »
I liked this week's episode insofar as it was a fun dumb show not trying too hard to be something thoughtful.

Ragnar...do we think he is Paz's biological offspring, or a foundling son like Grogu is to Din? Is there a Mrs. Visla?

I laughed SO HARD when the jetpack ran out of fuel in pursuit of the flying creature and one of the Mandos said this happened last time, too. You guys are idiots! You create a new strategy if this option has failed before, especially if you are protecting your kids!!

But yeah, this covert is full of a bunch of morons and I almost have too much respect for Favreau to think it is an accident. The subtext is really leaning towards " if you fail to grasp society your best option is to join a cult and follow it without question." Is this show becoming Scientology propaganda?

Finally, the Grogu flashback. I loved seeing Kelleran Beq again, but I wasn't impressed much with the sequence. When Ahsoka told us Grogu escaped the Temple during the Purge, this is what you could imagine yourself. Nothing unexpected happened. It was lazy.

And my son and I agreed while watching it: those baby birds are going to be mounts.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2023, 03:41 PM »
I agree that this Covert now has a biological Air Force.

Really liked the Kelleran Beq rescue of Grogu.  I met Ahmed Best at Colorado Springs Comic Con last year and he is the nicest guy!

Ragnar has to be a foundling.  Otherwise we would've seen him during BoBF.  Look at how they refer to Din Djarin as Grogu's father.

With the Mandalorians not changing tactics when chasing the raptor, it just proves that most of them are followers and not leaders.  It's a good thing Bo Katan and Din Djarin are with them.  Bo Katan is a good leader, even though she has made mistakes in the past.  I think she's learned from them and is growing...I'm enjoying her story arc!  Din Djarin is a capable leader, but he's a reluctant one.  I think with Bo Katan, he will be the leader that the Mandalorians need to unite.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2023, 11:04 AM »
Another bleh episode to me…

It feels local and unimportant.  Some of the Mandalorian armor looks like dollar store party costumes… seeing them still hanging out in a cave on the beach for half a season… I’m bored.

Like the main thing for the whole episode was that they killed a parent that was just trying to feed its kids and then brought home three orphaned dragons like it’s Game of Thrones, and we got a third flashback sequence of Order 66. 

Paz Vizla going all Jeeroy Jenkins on that nest turns him into a bit of an idiot to me…

The plot didn’t expand outwards into anything interesting beyond maybe building Bo Katan to be the only competent Mando among the group.    I’m assuming this is leading to her being in charge again but for God’s sake it’s not getting anywhere fast. 

I’m finding this season to be incredibly underwhelming.  The only interesting bits so far we’re episode 2 where Bo Katan is confused by the TIE Interceptors implying a bigger threat, and the last ten minutes of episode 3 where we figure out that there was more to that episode.  But who knows when they’ll pick that up again or how long before it becomes relevant to Mandalorians.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 11:06 AM by Rob »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2023, 11:58 PM »
That was a solid episode. Pulpy fun but it also moved the plot forward. And that cameo in the rebel pilot cantina!!

I’ll give it another day before posting any spoilers but that was pretty sweet.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2023, 07:16 AM »
Great episode.  So much fun!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2023, 07:17 AM »
The cameo was so cool and I liked how they pulled in most of the episodes to the bigger picture of the season.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2023, 06:28 PM »
A lot to love from last night! ,

I can’t help but smile anytime Mr Kim from Kim’s Convenience is onscreen, he is so great. Ditto Tim Meadows.

All I could think of seeing the Pirate scenes was man, they would all make cool action figures which we’ll never get.  :(

Bo is totally gonna ride that mythosaur in the season finale… ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2023, 10:45 AM »
I was just thrilled to see Zeb in the episode.  I had always wondered how could they possibly realize him as a live action character.  But sure enough they did it, and it looked fantastic!

Regarding the Mythosaur?  There are plot threads that would lead you to believe that Bo Katan will be able to ride it.  But I’m leaning in another direction.  Because Grogu has displayed this strong Force connection with a variety of creatures. The Rancor was one of them.  I think the Purgill were drawn to him in hyperspace. And there were also the crabs.  There’s something there, and it could be leading to him connecting with the Mythosaur. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2023, 10:52 AM »
Great insight Nick...I bet there's something to that!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2023, 11:47 AM »
Regarding the Mythosaur?  There are plot threads that would lead you to believe that Bo Katan will be able to ride it.  But I’m leaning in another direction.  Because Grogu has displayed this strong Force connection with a variety of creatures. The Rancor was one of them.  I think the Purgill were drawn to him in hyperspace. And there were also the crabs.  There’s something there, and it could be leading to him connecting with the Mythosaur. 

So I guess "The Mandalorian" hasn't been Din, but rather it's been Grogu this whole time?  I guess he will also get the darksaber to bring the whole Jedi/Mando wielder full circle as well?  I mean, he does need a saber since he passed on getting Yoda's from Luke. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender