Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 354015 times)

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #975 on: July 27, 2008, 12:12 AM »
Lastnight at Midnight I grabbed:
Jar Jar Binks & Destroyer Droid x2
Obi-Wan Kenobi & Clone Trooper
Kit Fisto & General Grievous
Shaak Ti & Magnaguard
Plo Koon & Captain Jag

Today after 4hrs sleep, I grabbed:
R2-D2 & Super Battle Droid
R2-D2 (with serving tray) & Princess Leia (Jabba's Slave)
Death Star Assault Cinema Scene
Jabba's Palace Cinema Scene

Yeah, I finally got the damn Cinema Scenes I've been looking for! ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 09:26 PM by Jeff »

Offline inglishteecher

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 27, 2008, 10:59 PM »
Is that Porkins with the X wing for Death Star Assault 2? I need Porkins. Why do I have to buy another X wing? I also don't need an X wing with Dagobah scum or a skiff that doesn't look like a Galactic Heroes toy. I'll buy another Boba Fett if he comes with Slave I.

The snowspeeder is exciting. How about giving us an AT-AT though? Another cool set would be 2 pod racers with Sebulba and Watto characters included. At least give us them in a 2 pack. And where is Ackbar? How about him instead of a 50th Obi Wan.

I really like the Galactic Heroes line and I think it's almost complete, but there are some pretty glaring omissions at the moment.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 1, 2008, 01:20 PM »
Found the Mos Eisley, Jedi Starfighter, and Geonisis sets today at Target.  Don't forget to add these to your lists boys and girls.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 1, 2008, 02:31 PM »
Found the Mos Eisley, Jedi Starfighter, and Geonisis sets today at Target.  Don't forget to add these to your lists boys and girls.   :)

Wow, thanks for the heads up.  I didn't think these were supposed to hit until around Septemberish, so its good to know its time to keep our eyes open for them.  So far, I've only been seeing the Jabba/X-Wing repackaged sets since the relaunch.

Offline inglishteecher

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 1, 2008, 03:01 PM »
i found vader's tie and the jedi starfighter at target today. the starfighter shows a battle droid on the back, but he's nowhere to be found. is that just mine?

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 2, 2008, 09:11 PM »
I have seen no one post that the Obi-Wan/ Clone repack has an Orange Clone now versus a Red one.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #981 on: August 2, 2008, 10:34 PM »

I saw these as well today along with the Jabba one - cute as hell.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 3, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I found a dewback patrol set, but no sign of vaders TIE-

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 4, 2008, 10:21 AM »
I found the Obi-Wan and Jedi Starfighter set this weekend, but otherwise haven't seen anything but the repackaged sets.  I was happy to find it, but I was really hoping I'd find Vader's TIE or the Dewback set.  It just seems like, in general, these sets (especially OT ones) sell out pretty quickly around here.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 5, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Just a quick note - I got a chance to open the Obi-Wan starfighter and there is a "how great is your galaxy?" poster inside (similar to the Marvel SuperHero Squad posters), and on the back the picture the upcoming Skiff set - but it also included a Jedi Luke and Weequay figure (in addition to Han/Boba).  I don't think its been pictured with those yet, but I thought the set looked a little light for the $20 cinema scene assortment.  I don't know if those figures have since been dropped (I don't think they were pictured with it at SDCC), but I just thought I'd pass it along.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 6, 2008, 03:39 PM »
i found vader's tie and the jedi starfighter at target today. the starfighter shows a battle droid on the back, but he's nowhere to be found. is that just mine?

Not just yours (it's on the back, and also on the bottom where they have illustrated cut-outs of each scene from the CS "wave" - in this case JSF/DVT).  Not only is it a battle droid, but it's an un-ranked beige battle droid.  I really hope it shows up someplace else, and frankly hope it shows up either multiple places or someplace more accessible than with a $20 vehicle. 

I have seen no one post that the Obi-Wan/ Clone repack has an Orange Clone now versus a Red one.

The first that I saw about that was actually in pictures that showed up in this thread a page or two back... around the time of C:J... and you're right, nobody wrote a word about it, anywhere at all that I can find.  There has been neither official fanfare (it's marketed like a repack) nor unofficial discussion about it... which raises two points:

1.  Information about this line is getting VERY difficult to keep up with. 
2.  I'm suspecting people have no idea how to react to this line anymore. 

Should I be annoyed that I have to eat like my 9th E3 Obi Wan to get a very midly interesting clone repaint or should I be happy it got painted orange at all?  Should I mention either reaction to other people?  Don't even get me started on the number of posts I've written and deleted regarding 3 X-wing releases this year.  It means something.  I should feel some way about it.  But it could mean any, and any combination, of about 12 different things - broad or narrow in implication.  I think I'd like to start seeing a little more frequent GH discussion in the Hasbro Q&As (any sites), especially as Indy focus winds down. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 7, 2008, 01:31 AM »

That totally flew under my radar.  Thanks for the heads up!

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #987 on: August 10, 2008, 01:49 AM »
I got the Vader's Tie Fighter and Jedi Starfighter sets at Toys R Us, but they were $25 apiece. I often have trouble finding these sets, so I decided to go ahead and get them, but is this just a TRU thing? What price are they at other stores? I also got the Geonosis battle one with Reek and Nexxu at Target for just $16.99 during their sale.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 13, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Galactic Hunter has some pics up of the upcoming Dagobah X-Wing and Sarlacc Pit sets, boxed and loose.  Looking forward to these.  Of course, it would be nice to find the Vader's TIE and Dewback sets first :).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 10:09 AM by Brian »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 13, 2008, 11:12 AM »
Yeah, the only one I have found so far is the Obi Wan Starfighter set.  I'm going to pass on the Arena set (can't justify $20 for just the Nexu or the moustached Biggs with the X-Wing) but would love to find the two sets you mention.