Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 190729 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2008, 12:20 PM »
anyone know the case assortment for the evo packs?
So far out of all the early finds in my area not a single pilot set has been found. This is getting me pretty worried considering the pilot evo sets are my most wanted item for tommorow. :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2008, 03:43 PM »
Actually, it was all picked up at two stops. A Target and a WalMart. That's why I was hoping there wouldn't be the A-Wing tomorrow. The nearest WM to me NEVER gets any of the exclusives, so I have to go to a WM 20 miles away.

I am definitely doing the midnight thing at TRU, but I was hoping to go home. Now I guess it looks like I'll be driving over to WM and sleeping in my car for a few hours before getting in line in front of that store around 5am. And all for just ONE item - the A-wing.

Oh well.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2008, 12:50 AM »
Midnight Madness:
2x Holo Grievous
1x Dagger Squad B-Wing
2x Rebel Pilots #1 Evolutions
1x CW05 - CW08 1st Day Issue Variants
1x Quarren
1x Mon Calamari
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2008, 01:06 AM »
Midnight Madness Haul:

-Rebel Pilots Evolutions II x1
-Legacy Clone SCUBA Trooper x1
-Clone Wars R2-D2 x1
-Exclusive Holographic General Grievous x1

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2008, 02:41 AM »
Yarna
Obi-Wan (Legacy)
Ilum Padme
Quad Cannon Clone
Leektar/Nippet
Scuba Clone
Leia/R2 GH set

Not a bad haul. Only one WM had their stuff out, so I was happy to come away with this haul. Hitting TRU tomorrow. I probably won't bother with Target unless they have the Padme Evo set.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2008, 02:51 AM »
My TRU Midnight Madness was just that, insane madness! A surprising huge turnout with 50+ people made for a mad dash to get the figures. I am really glad I was there 2hrs early and had the help of a friend and was in the center of the figure pegs. I missed out on the Scuba Clone and there were no signs Battle Packs, Evo Rebel Pilots 2 or Imperial in the store.

I still managed to have a mighty $700.00 haul:

BMF
AT-TE
Homing Droid
V-Torrent
Dagger B-Wing
Evo Padme x2
Evo Pilots V1 x2
Holo Grievous x2
IG Lancer x4
Mon Cal x2
Quarren x2
Quad x2
Obi Armor
Sae See armor
Snow Padme
Luke x2
Han
Chewie
Bane
Ewok broad with baby
Yarna
Vader 3 part helmet
Weequay Drummer
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2008, 03:28 AM »
MM Haul:

- BMF
- Luke
- Han
- Chewie
- Bane Malar
- Yarna
- Ewok/Wokling
- Obi-Wan Clone Armor
- Quarren Warrior
- Scuba Trooper
- RH Vader
- TFU Vader
- Lancer Droid

Went to Wal Mart, no sign of the Evolutions sets or about half of Wave 2. I did see one Hot Wheels guy with a Snow Bunny Padme and a Quad Gunner but I think there was only one of each. No sign of the Mon Cals either.

$252 in damages, but the stories I have are priceless.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2008, 09:07 AM »
On my way to the gym this morning, I stopped into a Wal-Mart that didn't look like it had much of a crowd.  Plenty of BMFs & AT-TEs, a couple of the Hoth BP (Probot one), one Evolutions Pilot set with Ten Numb, a bunch of Fett Evolutions with the corrected armor, pretty much all of the starfighter assortment vehicles (only one Torrent, though), and lots of other crap.

I dropped $75, which made me sick, so I'm glad Jack spent almost ten times that.

I got:

Obi Wan Clone Armor (Cool figure, I wish the paint on my guy's face was a little better, but it was the best one I saw at the store).
Sandstorm Luke (I really, really like this Luke.  Probably my favorite Luke to date.  There's a pretty good DS2 outfit under the turban)
Yarna D'al Gargan (Sexy as hell)
Ak-Rev (haven't opened him yet, but looks cool)
Leektar & Nippet x 2 (sucker for Ewoks)
IG Lancer Droid x2 (haven't opened yet)
Scuba Clone (haven't opened yet)
Bane Malar (really cool figure, but seems kind of small).

The only figure I didn't see there was the Ilum Padme, but I already have one of those from the old BP that's okay.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:37 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Stopped at a Wal Mart this morning, and picked up these:

Yarna D'al Gargan (1st Day Of Issue) x1
Leektar & Nippet x1

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2008, 11:25 AM »
Midnight Madness HAUL!

First let me point out that TRU figure prices were $6.99 each, not the $7.99 that was anticipated. That alone saved me more than $30.

Second, I got so much I had to think about what I wanted to open first. So, after a couple of minutes I decided on giving that honor to Yarna since I had waited for her for so long. (please post what you opened first for your midnight madness haul and if there was any reason for your choice-I'm just curious).

Okay so here we go:

Legacy Wv 1
Han X1
Luke X1
Chewie X1
Vader X1
Yarna X1
Ak-Rev X1
Ewoks (Leektar and Nippet) X2 (using the other for a custom)

Legacy wv 2
Obi-wan X1
Saesee Tiin X1
Padme X1
Clone (with quad gun) X1
IG lancer droid X3
Mon Cal warrior X2 (wanted 5)
Quarren warrior X2 (wanted 5)
Scuba trooper X5

Evolutions Padme X1
Evolutions Imperial pilots X1 (wanted 2)

missed both Rebel sets. In fact only one set was found by someone at my local TRU and I was the only person to have the sole Imperial set...

Galactic Heroes:
Jar Jar/Destroyer droid X1
Plo Koon/Captain Jag X1
Shaak Ti/Magnaguard X1
Slave Leia/Bar2-D2 X1

Set of 3 lightsaber stylus for the DS <--very cool, IMO

Ships:
AT-TE X1 YES!!!
Falcon X1 <--of course...
Homing Spider Droid X3
V-19 X1
B-wing X1

LEGO:
TRU exclusive Homing Spider Droid set

So other than a few extras and the Rebel Pilots evolutions, I had an amazing haul.

I showed up at my local TRU at 6pm! First in line of course. I was prepared with a line list for people to sign into so they could hold there place in line, in case they needed to go across the street to the Pizza Hut to use the bathroom. I made my own "visual wants list" using pics from the net. This was to benefit my fiancee so she new exactly what to look for. I went into the store a few times to check on the progress of the set-up and just chat with the workers, many of which I've known for years now. Next person in line didn't show until 8:30pm, it stayed slow with about 8 people up until 11pm, THEN finally the rush of people was on, and the line extended to just under 60 people. Many kids, which surprised me just a little. Not because of their interest, but because their parents would bring them out so late. I was very happy to see that though. The kids bought mostly LEGO and the animated stuff (along with ships) and the adult collectors went more for the Legacy stuff. It was a huge success for my local store as they either sold out of some things or were severely low in stock. It's both good and bad. Good because sales were great. Bad because they won't get a truck for about a week, so the shelves look kind of bare right now and the toys just hit.

I of course knew several people that were in line. Some being fellow local collectors from my local club, some friends for years now, one of which I hadn't seen in about a year, so that was very cool.

It was a blast and I held my perfect record of being first in line. It's not that I have to be the first to get the stuff, it's (for me) a way of showing loyalty to the line that I take the extra effort to be their early and hopefully first.

Anyway, when all was said and done, I got home around 1:15am. I only opened 6 figures. I was just too darned tired.

So for the finale...

Total spent: $720.74

I had $875 in gift cards and cash and would have spent it all had I been able to get the evo sets and the extra figs I wanted. Since I buy my gift cards from my local grocery chain that gives money off on gas at their gas stations per $50 you spend, I ended up racking up $2.50 per gallon of gas off the next time I use my "Fuel Perks."

Wow what a night!

Most likely the last one, and it was worth it!
-Sal

P.S. I forgot, a couple of my buds that were at TRU went up to the WM afterwards to look for stuff they missed. WM didn't put ANYTHING out!!! hah! Wow, did WM lose BIG last night in my area. And I know for a fact that there was at least 20 people there waiting for the stuff to be put out (a report I got by cell phone form one of those buds). Man, I would have been PSSD if I'd have waited all that time for nothing. I didn't bother to go out this morning. With such few things I need to get, I'm sure I'll find it in the next few weeks before the next waves of things show up.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 11:34 AM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2008, 11:52 AM »
Picked up my BMF Falcon today.  I had to hit two different Wal-Marts to find it!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2008, 12:01 PM »
After hitting several stores I picked up 12 more Legacy figures, a ton of clearance stuff at Target and the highlight of my hunt at 7 stores:
Both of the Hoth Battle Packs! They only had onr of each.

The only thing I did not find were the Evolutions Rebel V2 & Imperial pilot sets. Most stores I went to today did not even have the stuff out, very frustrating when you wake up at the crack of dawn and the ***** not out.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2008, 12:38 PM »
Midnight Madness is not a children's sport...

I got to MM around 11PM and the line was probably about 20 deep at that point. Not too bad but I was only after a handful of figures. By the end I'm sure it was 50+. It was funny hearing mothers talk about the lines and of course there were collector clubs who were letting late arriving members cut in line so I never heard the end of the complaints from mothers. They just didn't have any idea what they were getting into. The only real dissapointment is it looks like TRU let their employees and family have first pick of stuff while we all waited outside. They were very understocked. Here's what I scored during the insanity.

Ak-Rev 1st day foil x1
Removable Helmet Vader x1
Yarna D'al' Gargan x1
Bane Malar x1
Leektar & Nippet x1
Holo Grievous x1 (I was told the store only got two cases and most people overheard in line were after this and the 1st day issue Captain Rex)

Once I heard of the Grievous shortage I planned on just getting in and out. I managed to be out in less than 10 minutes.

Today for the hell of it I stopped by Target at 8 in the morning. No line, the place was dead and we were the only ones there as they were putting stuff out. Picked up the following just because I could:

Removable Helmet Vader 1st day foil x1
Yarna D'al' Gargan 1st day foil x1
Bane Malar 1st day foil x1
Exclusive Commander Fox x1

They were a bit annoyed we were there but didn't complain too much.

We had to make a road trip so we hit a small Wal-mart today around 9 and I scored the following:

IG Lancer Droid x2
Clone Trooper x1
Clone Scuba Trooper x1
Padme Amidala x1
Mon Calamari Warrior x1
Captain Rex 1st day foil x2
Leektar & Nippet 1st day foil x1

They had a huge display that hadn't been hit very hard at all. They only had the one Padme though.

Last night had me concerned on what I'd find in the short term but everything I picked up this morning I was the only person there doing any star wars shopping. It was an odd change compared to MM. I was really only after Legacy but I managed to score everything I wanted.

The Walmart was the only place that had wave 2 figures but they didn't have any wave 2 foils. I couldn't believe that there wasn't a single person at Target this morning though. They had all the evolutions too.

I'm going to hit these stores up later tonight too just to see if they get picked over through the afternoon or if this line is going to sit. Target was the only store we hit that had them at $7.99. Maybe that's why they were quiet.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline snuffx

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2008, 01:33 PM »
I went to WM at noon today and they had so many figures. They had all the Clone Wars figures and a lot of Legacy figures except Han Solo. Very few had the first day sticker. There was a huge floor display with figures and vehicles. They had no evolution assortments.And no Saga Legends. I was to tired to go last night so I thought today everything would have picked over, but there was alot still there. I bought just the Legacy Obi-Wan, because I was in a huge hurry. I think my WM turns off the AC so people won't stay to long. I'm going back tonight and get everything else I need.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2008, 01:37 PM »
I just said  "NO" today  ;D I bought NOTHING! lol!  I did talk to people that were spending 300-400 worth of stuff.  I felt great to be just a window shopper for once. I just was not that impressed with what I saw, the BMF is cool but for 150 it better be..