Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 146148 times)

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #900 on: February 26, 2004, 03:53 PM »
you may want to check out toyfederation they look like the have the 4-lom , ig-88 and bossk for a ok price. the boba fett is alittle pricey. The 4-lom is only 13.00 a great price and has been the only place i have seen it for sale.  Just to let you know it my get pricey trying to piece them together, I found the dengar and zuckuss to be the hardest to find.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #901 on: February 26, 2004, 04:15 PM »
you may want to check out toyfederation they look like the have the 4-lom , ig-88 and bossk for a ok price. the boba fett is alittle pricey. The 4-lom is only 13.00 a great price and has been the only place i have seen it for sale.  Just to let you know it my get pricey trying to piece them together, I found the dengar and zuckuss to be the hardest to find.

Thanks for the tip.

Can you believe I had 4-Lom in my cart and when I was going though to pay it came up out of stock!  As well as Dengar!

I have an e-mail into them to check availability, I just found that very ironic.

I agree, $25 for Fett who had a larger distribution ratio seems very high.  I guess he's popular.

-Fish-

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #902 on: February 26, 2004, 07:09 PM »
New JD member THX1138 just dropped a for sale post in our classifieds right here for a couple of Oscar's acrylic cases for the carded Kubricks.  Just thought I'd give everyone the head's up on them.  He's got two, and they're $12.50 each.

Adam, did you ever get yours?  I suppose with the new R2 out now, that more people could use two of these than just Adam now though...

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #903 on: February 26, 2004, 07:42 PM »
THX1138 is a standup dude, I know him from the Replica Props Forums, and suggested he drop a note over here about his cases, since there are a lot of Kubrick collectors.

I'm holding off on buying another case, because I think R2's bubble may be deeper than the other two. I want to get him and try him out in one of my cases first.

I did get my cases from Dan at KennerToys.com and they are top notch. I will probably order some Animated Series cases, and Saga cases for my special figures. Nice stuff all around.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #904 on: February 26, 2004, 09:31 PM »
Got my response from Andy the seller.  Apparently he has already sent all the damaged sets (his word, not mine) back to Japan and requested replacements.  Not sure how likely that is.  

What it does (should?) mean is that Dale and Scott are SOL, as is g_b_u.  I just happened to get the first notification about it.   ??? :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #905 on: February 26, 2004, 11:43 PM »
Tell him I'll take one of those for cheap, for my opener!!!   8)

Sorry fellas.  That really sucks...   :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #906 on: February 26, 2004, 11:50 PM »
Already hinted at a lower price.  No dice.  

Scott and g_b_u have received a similar email now.  Dale may or may not, as my initial email indicated I was contacting and potentially paying for both of ours, so he may get skipped in the official notification.  

Have asked for the pieces even damaged at that price.  The pics were not horrific, in most cases I could get by.  However he has indicated he has shipped them back to Japan in hopes of getting replacements for us.  That does not bode well.  But patience is a virtue.  

The worst part is I can't gloat now :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #907 on: February 27, 2004, 09:53 AM »
No email!  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #908 on: February 27, 2004, 11:08 AM »
Hmm.  Like I said, I guess because I've mentioned your username in each email I've sent, he may be relying on me to tell you.  I'd still contact you.  But I guess you may need to send him another email.  

I did get a third email thanking me for my patience and understanding.  All of which I am, so long as my R2 eventually shows up.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #909 on: February 27, 2004, 02:02 PM »
Courtesy of JediMAC.

Thanks Matt.  I'll leave you feedback.  Let me know when you get your money.  I mailed it out on Tuesday.  Thanks again.   ;D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 02:03 PM by Padawan »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #910 on: February 27, 2004, 02:46 PM »
Good price for a carded Luke in the U.S.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3178502270&category=751

The same seller had a carded Fett on for $429.99 that lasted all of about 30 minutes.  I'm actually glad someone snagged it up so fast, because I was really thinking about it.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #911 on: February 27, 2004, 02:51 PM »
Yes that is a good price for the carded Boba Fett. Looks like Adam is not the only KING around here.  ;D

Whaaaaaaaaa Hooooooooo!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #912 on: February 27, 2004, 02:51 PM »
Done and Done!  Thanks Padawan!

Well if R2 falls through, I can at least have Luke correct :-*  Dang, one Carded Fett away from Vice President!  Wait though, I sort of have an R2 does that count for anything!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #913 on: February 27, 2004, 02:53 PM »
Dang Dale!   :o ;D  You now are the Official King*!

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #914 on: February 27, 2004, 02:57 PM »
Congratulations DSJ.   ;D  My Visa card is breathing a lot easier thanks to you.    ;)  Nice snag OCB.  Glad someone here got it.   :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 02:58 PM by Padawan »