Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread  (Read 68498 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 3, 2009, 12:57 PM »
IGN has a couple of clips up from the upcoming season.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #16 on: September 8, 2009, 10:41 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 8, 2009, 12:53 PM »
Season 2 Sneak Peeks

Thanks for posting that.  Everything looks pretty cool to me, can't wait for the new season to start in a few weeks.  It looks like the Turbo Tank is getting some screen time now to help promote the new toy as well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: September 8, 2009, 04:26 PM »
I downloaded the video game on XBL this weekend and there were a couple "new clones".  One's a technician without armor on, and just a green jumpsuit and headset.  There was a BARF Trooper too with blue markings named Boomer.

Demo sucks, the game's kind of so-so, a bit of a story though to it, which might make it a $19.99 purchase some day.  Game play was what deterred me from really liking it.

Also some separatist leader, looked like a droid but wasn't.  Interesting new details, but that was about it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 01:13 PM »
Another trailer for Season 2, which continues to look pretty cool to me.  I think I spotted a different colored Y-Wing in there, I smell a repaint ;).  Less than a month to go!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 07:52 PM »
Caught the little CW marathon that was on yesterday and I'm pretty stoked for season 2.  Haven't really bothered to see any trailers or read any info on the second season but it's cool to see that there's going to be dealing with a lot of bounty hunters.  Bring on the Mandos!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 2, 2009, 10:20 AM »
11 hours and counting!

VERY psyched for the premier tonight, but I have a feeling I am going to get screwed and miss it. My mother-in-law is due in town tonight on the train and guess who has to go pick her up. It's supposed to be here at 7:30pm - cutting it too close.

I wish they would make these available On-Demand. The re-airings are in even worse time slots.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 2, 2009, 10:56 AM »
Yeah, I had originally missed the last 6 or 7 episodes of the first season, so over the last couple months I've been trying to catch them all during the rebroadcasts, but they are at weird times so its been a struggle, I think I only have missed one now.  Looking forward to tonite though.  The kids will be in bed by 8, so there shouldn't be anything to keep me from seeing the show!
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 2, 2009, 11:55 AM »
The good thing - with this premiere anyways - it looks like it will be replaying several times.  According to our DVR, it is on tonight at 7 (CST), again right after at 8, then tomorrow morning sometime and Sunday evening again.  Definitely looking forward to the new season, the previews have looked pretty spiffy.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 2, 2009, 11:25 PM »
Pretty cool episodes to kick off the new season! They went by a little fast though.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: October 3, 2009, 03:09 AM »
Agreed on the speed there, it was really fast it seemed.

I liked the plotline, I thought the story was a little more complex and it opened up some new things with Ahsoka's behavior, and how her character is evolving under Anakin and the way we know his character "grows" ultimately.

I liked the Clawdite chick and it just makes me that much more anxious for a resculpt of Zam Wessel, haha.

I must say, I hope Seth Greene's droid never reappears.  His attempt at a 3PO impersonation was lame, to say the least, and I didn't like Bane's banter with him. 

I liked Adm. Yularren's development too.  Here's to hoping we see Tarkin appear and be a much more competent jackoff than Yularren is.

Not a great "cloning" episode, but it was good overall.

Droids giving up = lame though, and I hope they don't do that again also.  They're soldiers too, and much more mindless than Clones, so I'd like to see less of that attempt at humor.

I liked both episodes, and I'm anxious for next week.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #26 on: October 3, 2009, 01:14 PM »
I found the story a little more interesting than the usual stuff last season, but some of the dialogue in places was sketchy ("Do you think (insert Jedi here) is on their ship as a prisoner?" - as opposed to their guest?) and so were some of the battle tactics.  The longer this show goes on, the less sense some of the battles make.  It has never made sense for any force in SW to committ large levels of ground forces anywhere, especially against enemies with such robuts space forces.  One or two ships in orbit would make any ground force of any size worthless.

That said, the animation clearly has improved, and I am looking forward to the rest of the season. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: October 3, 2009, 03:29 PM »
I'd disagree on the battle tactics...

Taking and holding a planet through numbers is important because of shielding.  Look at Hoth as a canon example where the more numbers and better position you hold, the longer you can hold out due to planetary defenses.  That kind of stuff's fleshed out more in games, and covers the "need" to do sieges and stuff...  Some planets are easier to take.  Then again some are incredibly complex and sieges last months or years.

Then you have the possibility of not wanting to cause collateral damage, and so on.  That's actually sort of why the Death Star was an ultimate weapon.  It eliminated the need to invade.  You simply threatened destruction from orbit.  Hoth was a single base though, so I could imagine a heavily fortified planet being almost impregnable.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 3, 2009, 06:42 PM »
The first few minutes felt to me at least like they were totally trying to pimp the vehicles.  The Turbo Tank had...5-10 seconds of time and all it did was blow up?  Bravo!  I'm sure the kiddies are all going to want one now.  Was cool to see the size comparison between that and the AT-TE though sitting next to each other.

I had no clue Seth was the lil droid.  I kinda liked him.  Bane was cool again - no suprise.  Anywho.... 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 3, 2009, 07:46 PM »
I enjoyed the premiere as well.  I'm not sure how the fanbase in general feels about him, but I think Cad Bane is kind of cool actually.  Looking forward to seeing more of the bounty hunters as the season goes on.  I agree about the fast pace of last night's episodes, they really seemed to keep things moving.  I thought the same thing about the Turbo Tank, almost like "see its in the show!" ;).  I'm sure we'll be seeing more of it though eventually.  I actually thought Ahsoka's character is getting a little more interesting/less annoying as well, and maybe we saw a little bit of that later last season as well.  Looking forward to more new episodes.