Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse Livestream Product Reveals & Fan Poll Discussion  (Read 6873 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Pulse Livestream Product Reveals & Fan Poll Discussion
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2020, 05:10 PM »
Email and forum votes have been tallied and here is the "JediDefender Top Ten" (ok, really only a top eight) for the Black Series Archive fan poll:

1. Han Solo (The Force Awakens) - with updated hair color
2. 2019 SDCC Kenner Deco Boba Fett
3. Hondo Ohnaka (SWGE)
4. Princess Leia (Jabba's Prisoner)
tie-5. Cassian Andor (from Target 3-pack)
tie-5. Clone Commander Cody
tie-5. Luke Skywalker (Death Star II Duel)
tie-5. Princess Leia (Boushh)

A couple of interesting notes:

- The top three got almost 90% of the votes.  Lots of demand for that Hondo to see release outside of a $70 box of repacks; lots of fans who missed out on 2019 SDCC Kenner Fett; and lots of fans like me who are still waiting for the Gray Hair TFA Han Solo variant we were promised in 2016. :P

- Slave Leia (Jabba's Prisoner) had a pretty good showing in the email votes. Almost like folks were willing to say they wanted to see her back on the pegs anonymously but not so willing to broadcast that publicly. Or maybe it was just a coincidence. Or maybe some weird low-effort ballot stuffing attempt on 1-2 dudes.  Either way, she was the clear #4.

- There was a 4-way, one-vote-each tie for 5th place.  Like seriously, it's so dead around these parts that only eight figures got votes and half of them only got ONE vote.  Crazy.  I guess that shows how bad the top three are wanted around here.

- Finally, in full disclosure, there was one dude who emailed that he wanted to vote for a Zuvio photo-real Archive re-release.  I deleted that vote because, come on. Zuvio?  I cannot be a party to that, even in jest.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 05:12 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2020, 05:34 PM »
Huh, I didn't realize we could vote once per day. Hasbro's fan polls are confusing lately. Anyway, I'd gladly buy any of those figures
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2020, 10:19 PM »
Yay! I don’t expect TFA Han to get much traction elsewhere but if nothing else it may remind Hasbro they forgot to put this back out like they said they would.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Email and forum votes have been tallied and here is the "JediDefender Top Ten" (ok, really only a top eight) for the Black Series Archive fan poll:

1. Han Solo (The Force Awakens) - with updated hair color
2. 2019 SDCC Kenner Deco Boba Fett
3. Hondo Ohnaka (SWGE)
4. Princess Leia (Jabba's Prisoner)
tie-5. Cassian Andor (from Target 3-pack)
tie-5. Clone Commander Cody
tie-5. Luke Skywalker (Death Star II Duel)
tie-5. Princess Leia (Boushh)

Looks like only 3 of ours made it?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2020, 12:28 PM »
I saw a number of other sites submitted Hondo as well.  I wonder if his status as an exclusive that's still currently available at the Disney Parks eliminated him from consideration?

Oh, and on the Hasbro Pulse site they're now calling the ROTJ version of Leia "Princess Leia (Huttslayer)".  A nice nod to the "Bloodline" novel if you checked that one out.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 12:28 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2020, 02:10 PM »
I saw a number of other sites submitted Hondo as well.  I wonder if his status as an exclusive that's still currently available at the Disney Parks eliminated him from consideration?

That's what I'm thinking.  Not sure that the SDCC Boba qualified as well, or if it was voted for on other sites (I only hit 2 sites for my SW news: this and Yakface).

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2020, 03:11 PM »
I'm not interested in any of these.  I know The Archive series is really meant to re-release old figures people are still interested in, so this offshoot line isn't really for me, but it would have been nice to have done something a little more creative.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2020, 05:38 PM »
I'm not interested in any of these.

Jyn Erso was $3 Walmart clearance fodder for months and months.  People really want to see a photo-real refresh of that figure?   ??? 

I just don't understand collectors anymore.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2020, 07:01 PM »

Jyn Erso was $3 Walmart clearance fodder for months and months.  People really want to see a photo-real refresh of that figure?   ??? 

I’m calling Shenanigans on Jyn Erso being in the poll.  I think some of the hardcore TVC crowd that blames the Black Series for the decline of TVC is probably behind this. 

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2020, 07:32 PM »
I'm with Nick. Some pissy 3.75 only people stuffed the ballots. Whatever. It's one spot.

I'm also with Dave. I'll pass on all of them in an attempt to keep my 6" collection under control
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2020, 08:08 PM »
I’m not thrilled about any of these choices.

That said the Episode Three Obi Wan would at least compliment the Episode Three Anakin that there released already in the the Archive line.

Corman

There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2020, 12:58 AM »

I’m calling Shenanigans on Jyn Erso being in the poll.  I think some of the hardcore TVC crowd that blames the Black Series for the decline of TVC is probably behind this.

Fantastic thing is the dildos championing doing that **** don’t realize if/when a TVC pole is done then guess who are gonna mass to screw that up.  Way to go!  Really shower Hasbro by screwing with other collectors...... I guess.🤷‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2020, 01:19 AM »
The good thing is that Archive figure stock seems to be managed well and doesn’t interfere with the regular 6” stuff.  In fact, I can’t remember the last time I saw an Archive figure in a Target.  Probably been six months.

I know some of these figures are going for crazy money on eBay, so getting them back in to the market is good. Cody is going for $70 loose and $150 packaged. 

Archive seems to be aimed at the general population and the handful of us that missed the first issue of figures.  I’m fine with that.  I just wish the “fan poll” was geared more toward collector fans like us that are looking for something new, and not towards a reissue that we generally already have.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2020, 02:15 AM »
I don’t care about any of these and don’t even feel like voting now. They really know how to suck the fun out of everything.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2020, 11:31 AM »
Looking at the candidates, I get the feeling that some of these might be on the way in the Archive line with or without the poll.  Commander Cody is such a good example.  Some basic market research on Hasbro's part will see the secondary market prices - so clearly there's a demand for the figure.  The same goes for the 501st Clone Trooper.  These are no brainers!  Even getting R2-D2 or the Tusken Raider back in circulation is a pretty safe bet for the Archive line.

Feedback