Author Topic: Disney "Star Wars Elite Series" Die-Cast Figures  (Read 46615 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Disney "Star Wars Elite Series" Die-Cast Figures
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 07:21 PM »
I'm on vacation in Vegas right now and picked up the Elite Kylo Ren and Stormtrooper today at the Disney store here, only two they had. Hefty!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 09:45 AM »
Has anyone gone to either the Maul or Anakin release dates? How does the process work?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 11:23 AM »
Has anyone gone to either the Maul or Anakin release dates? How does the process work?

Per Yakface:

"Between 12-1pm (Est. Time Zone), lottery slips will be given to people in attendance.  Those who’s lottery number are picked will be able to purchase the figure later in the day."

So you need to get in line, then hope to get the right lottery ticket.  Ugh. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Having this on a weekday was very thoughtful of Disney
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 03:42 PM »
Could not resist picking up Grievous with free shipping. Uh-oh. Willpower...failing...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 11:29 PM »
I caved and bought the rest of these they had in stock. With free shipping and not having a Disney store anywhere around here, it was just too tempting. Now I just need Maul and Phasma.

Well played, Disney.  >:D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 10:18 AM »
Did anyone try to get one at the store?  I'm curious how the lottery worked.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 12:41 PM »
I hoped there'd be one left yesterday so I could see it, but nope
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:56 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 01:41 PM »
I hoped there'd be one left yesterday at open but nope. Ordered a Grievous online.

Well crap.  Looks like they are sold out online.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 3, 2015, 03:50 PM »
General Grievous arrived today...marvelous figure, but the leg broke off mine somewhere during shipping.

Update - I was able to reattach the leg by heating up the ball joint and jamming it back in the socket. Seems fine now. The arms are a bit loose though, tricky to hold a pose.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2015, 05:39 PM by McMetal »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 4, 2015, 05:44 PM »
So, I broke down and bought one of these off Ebay for $65 shipped.  Way more than I wanted to spend, but I called Disney and they confirmed that they would NOT be getting more stock of these limited release figures.  Makes me all the more worried for OTC figures like Fett and Stormtrooper. 

The auction included a few dozen "vintage style" Force Awakens trading cards that Disney was apparently giving out with these.  Anyone get these or know how many there are?  I can post a few pics if people want to see them.  My collector's math assured me that $65 was a bargain with these cards included.   ;)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 5, 2015, 07:55 PM »
This looks great. BIG! I wish I could buy all of these.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:56 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 6, 2015, 02:50 PM »
I'm with you in wanting to buy a lot of these, but not all.  I would have avoided the prequel figs all together, but Grievous is a really cool looking figure.  I skipped Anakin, Maul, & Finn so far.  My bigger concern is the lottery for Fett, Vader, and Stormtrooper.  I already had to buy Grievous off Ebay for more than double the retail.   >:(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 9, 2015, 05:14 PM »
What a royal pain in the arse.  Hit Ridegdale Disney this morning to get the Imperial Stormtrooper exclusive.  I putzed around the mall for an hour and grabbed some breakfast, then got in line around 9:30 (the line consisting of one other guy).  Three more guys showed up by opening and we all raced in to get our troopers...to find nothing.  The manager informed us that the raffle for the right to buy one would be from 12-1, not right at open as seemingly advertised.  Apparently for Grievous you could just walk in and buy one, but both stores in the area were holding the 12-1 drawing instead.  Awesome.  He did say the Mall of America store had a lot more than Ridgedale.

So, I went into work for a while, then zipped over to the mall to put my name in.  There were about two dozen troopers from what I can tell and maybe 15 people looking for one.  I managed to get one (Yay!), but couldn't pick up any more for me or extras for friends.  I worked remote over at the book store for a few hours, then went back and talked someone into buying me one for $40 cash (I just let him keep the change).  They still have just a few left, but limited to one per person and I Don't feel like getting another for $40. 

I get the point of the raffle, but A.) can you hold it at a less convenient time for everyone and B.) just release them for sale once everyone has had a shot at them?  I was especially impressed that they let the guy behind me buy three since he had a couple of 3 or 4 year olds with him.   ::)  I'm super excited to have this guy in hand all things considered, but what a royal pain getting there.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 9, 2015, 05:45 PM »
So, Justin, it sounds like next time you should take a day off, take the twins with you and maybe Sara if you can convince her and buy 4.  It does sound rather asinine. 

I had heard the lotto being held 12-1 or something along that lines, but know how Target has had the "no helping the scalper" and looking for things in back, yet having new things out at open when most people but scalpers are at work doesn't help.  I wouldn't think noon would be a good time either since that's the lunch hour.  So when would be a good time? 7PM?  I don't know.  Maybe Disney Stores should a deadline where you can submit your name at anytime during the day at the store and then the winners are selected the next day?  Anyone else have a solution?