Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)  (Read 44057 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 (Spoilers)
« Reply #60 on: October 9, 2016, 12:10 AM »
The Antilles Extraction.

Wedge needs a tooth removed and CHOPPER lives up to his name!

This was a gory episode for a kid's show.   :o Chopper seemed sadistic.   :-X

So anyway, Hobbie, screw him, this was the Antilles extraction.

Those must be subpar rebel pilots or older model A-Wings, because the ROTJ A-Wings can out run Interceptors.

All imperial installations have the same interior design. Good news for SPACE WALLS makers.

Sabine look too nice in that tight TIE pilot uniform. Uh...how old is he supposed to be?

New enemy TIE ace. Not Baron Fel.

Governor Irina Spalko...whatever. Die already.

Yeah, so let's have the temperamental teen command one of our precious blockade runners.  Sato, you need to die, too.

Detacting TIE Fighter wings....clever nod to Kenner.

Sci-fi/horror rule, the black guy dies first. He didn't need to die, but since he was the doubter, he had to.

Unsurprising reveal is surprising to anyone under 6 who is watching.

Roomy TIE BOMBER cockpit, the cartoon occupancy level rule strikes again! Was hoping they'd drop speed, fall behind the Interceptor and fire a missile at it. Guess I played TIE FIGHTER too much in the 90's. (It probably didn't have ordnance loaded).

Oh, WOW. They went to all that and got 2 new pilots. They lost 6 at the opening. At that rate, the Rebellion is done for.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2016, 12:13 AM by Scockery »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 9, 2016, 02:22 AM »
Risking Sabine's life for three pilots seemed more than illogical
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2016, 04:27 PM »
Hera's Heroes.

It's all about Hera making sub sandwiches for the crew.

Is this the first appearance of Scout Troopers on REBELS?  How does an irregular droid like Chopper constant fool Imperial personnel? He's just that damn good.

Another arrogant incompetent imperial officer and Thrawn, who has short temper when it comes to people who don't appreciate art.

Why is a GRAND ADMIRAL running around in what appears to be the Empire's smallest class of capital ship? Are Imperial Class Star Destroyers in short supply?

Kinda of a so-so episode.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 04:28 PM by Scockery »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2016, 07:54 PM »
The Last Battle

Clone Wars music returns...

No Super Battle Droids. Which is fine because their CW design wasn't so great.

Zeb gets a bit sidelined when Rex is around, like having 2 gruff former soldiers around is too much.

Ezra figures out that the Clone Wars were never meant to be won by either side. He's some kinda genius.  ::)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2016, 09:11 AM »
I almost think that this past week's episode was a little bit of an exercise in tying up some loose ends.  I remember towards the end of the CLONE WARS run when Dooku introduced the Super Tactical Droid Kalani.  But I don't think the series was ever able to delve into the character at all.  Seeing Rex back in action with the Jedi against a droid army?  It seemed just like old times for him.

But looking ahead to the next episode?  Check out this clip from this coming Saturday's  episode:  "Imperial Supercommandos".
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2016, 12:26 PM »
I generally love Rebels (great to watch with the kids) and can roll with the punches on some of the lamer episodes, but one thing that kind of bugs me was the reintroduction of Rex (and Wolffe and Gregor).  Rex just pops in and out at times, doesn't really feel like part of The Ghost crew, and doesn't really feel important to the story.

The past episode is a great example.  Is there really any reason that episode couldn't have functioned nearly as well without him?  Any Clone Wars insights could have been realized with just the Jedi vs. The Separatists.  The Clone Army is irrelevant.

I also feel like they've mostly ignored Zeb in the past year, more or less when Rex came on board.  While Zeb isn't my favorite of The Ghost crew, what I did like about the first season and a half was the small cast and how all the crew members interacted.  Maybe that was getting stale and the characters needed to evolve, but I don't find adding Rex as a plus and I feel like the writers minimizing Zeb has been a minus.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2016, 01:33 AM »
Actually it's two weeks until the next new episode. Because, Super Commandos are worth a super-wait!

I wonder if they'll ever visit a planet with significant vegetation again. Can't render all them trees on this budget.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2016, 09:26 AM »
Seriously?  They're already taking a break this season?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2016, 05:18 PM »
It's probably because Monday is Halloween and they are doing some sort of movie marathon.

Nick Jr. has been showing Halloween programs all week!  Can you tell I have small children?  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 5, 2016, 08:01 PM »
Imperial Stupidcommandos

Being evil Mandalorians makes them 5% smarter than the average Imperial nincompoop, and about 50% more accurate with a blaster...well, in the leader's case. I guess that makes him almost threatening.  :-\

Tidbits about Sabine's history and Fen Rau signs onboard, because he's got no place to go.

The rest was chase/action scenes.  But at least Chopper was there.

Also, when Chopper disabled them with the frequency burst, any Jedi worth his salt could've killed all 4 of them in that space of time, but hey, Jedi don't "murder" and that would've ended the episode real quick. Or Sabine could've blasted two them while Ezra took out the other 2.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 7, 2016, 09:40 AM »
Not a very good episode. It was like a bunch of kids playing tag on the playground. How hard is it to aim straight? Even if they do get a hit it is shrugged off.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 9, 2016, 06:17 PM »
Next episode is in two weeks. (well less than that now), with some kid? flying the not-Outrider.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Not a very good episode. It was like a bunch of kids playing tag on the playground. How hard is it to aim straight? Even if they do get a hit it is shrugged off.

Agreed.  I had to stop the episode a few minutes in and check Wikipedia to see if I missed an episode.  It seemed completely random and not very good at all.

If this is going to be the last season you would think they would have some pretty big sweeping story arc with a nice dramatic finish.  Maybe they're going to wait for the last six episodes to pull that off, but this episode and the Super Tactical Droid / Rex showdown episodes just seemed like random stories that didn't fit in to any story arc.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 11:39 AM by Dave »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2016, 05:47 PM »
I had to stop the episode a few minutes in and check Wikipedia to see if I missed an episode.  It seemed completely random and not very good at all.

Ha!  We did too.  Stopped a few minutes and went back thinking we must have let the DVR keep playing last time.  It's like they had a lot of half-thought-out ideas they turned into one off episodes.  Its too bad there isn't a bigger storyline playing out.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2016, 04:22 PM »
I'm running about a week late on these so I just saw Supercommandos Friday night.

Got tiresome seeing Sabine repeatedly taking crap from first Fenn Rau and then Gar Saxon in this episode. I kept wanting her to snap and go off on one of them. She needs a little more edge to her.

Would have been a perfect opportunity to work that TCW Mandalorian Shuttle into things but they had to go with the Mandalorian Starfighter and remind me how disappointed I was that never got made in the Clone Wars line instead. Bummer.

Wish battle packs were still a thing because those Supercommandos would be a perfect fit. As it is we'll be lucky just to get a single carded Saxon. 

The storylines all kind of seem like filler at this point because I think they're already starting to focus on the next animated series and Filoni is not good with endings in general.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy