Author Topic: TLJ 3.75" Basic Figure Line  (Read 48161 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: TLJ 3.75" Basic Figure Line
« Reply #30 on: September 3, 2017, 10:59 AM »
The General Leia Organa figure is odd, especially considering that we are getting that other General/Princess Leia figure that is a one-off from the Disney Store/Hasbro Toy Shop. Here's hoping that this is the 3.75" version of the 6" figure of the same name.

Conflicting reports, but it sounds like that Ep8 General Leia is the same as the one coming in the Orange Wave 2 case.  Not sure why it got leaked early on by Disney and HTS unless they are just heading off the "WHERE'S LEIA" outrage by showing her already.  :-X

Wait - so the figure we are getting as a one-off purchase is also going to be in the Orange Wave 2 case? What the heck is the point of that?!?!

So that two years in a row, last year with the Rebels Leia and then this year with this Grey Dress Leia, we're going to have a glut of Leia on the pegs?!

I hope we get confirmation of this soon as I will cancel my order from the Disney Shop and wait for the Case Assortment to be released.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 5, 2017, 02:21 AM »
Gotta say that I LOVE the headsculpts in this line. Hasbro's sculptors knocked them out of the park. I've already bought Hux and Poe for headswap/custom potential alone.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 5, 2017, 11:56 AM »
So I bought all the figures at a Walmart, then realized I should be using the $25 giftcard coupon at Target.  So I bought them all again, and went to return the first one and discovered that I'd accidentally picked up a Chewbacca packaging variant.  Anyone know if either of these is a big deal?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 5, 2017, 03:25 PM »
Anyone know if either of these is a big deal?

I don't, but I know that Finn thinks he is a Big Deal in the Resistance.  ;)  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 5, 2017, 04:16 PM »
The downtown Target I ran to at lunch today only had ones with the little penguin on the bottom.  So I'm assuming the one where he's packed on top is the variant.

Anyone want it?  I'd let it go for cost and shipping.  If not he goes back to Target tomorrow.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: September 7, 2017, 11:10 AM »
Wait - so the figure we are getting as a one-off purchase is also going to be in the Orange Wave 2 case? What the heck is the point of that?!?!

It sounds like Luke and Leia (and a few of the other TLJ figures) will be shipping in solid-case packs as well as the assortments to ensure enough of them get to buyers... so the point is to get her pre-order up early and help try to avoid the #wheresleia or #wheresluke social media buzz. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 7, 2017, 12:10 PM »
The downtown Target I ran to at lunch today only had ones with the little penguin on the bottom.  So I'm assuming the one where he's packed on top is the variant.

Anyone want it?  I'd let it go for cost and shipping.  If not he goes back to Target tomorrow.

From what I have seen - it is:
Teal Assortment #1 (the one with Paige) - Porg on the bottom
Teal Assortment #2 (the one with Obi-Wan & Yoda) - Porg on the top

So probably Porg on the top is the running change and Porg on the bottom will only show up in the Wave 1 case.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 7, 2017, 10:43 PM »
Picked up Luke at Khols for $8.40 after their 15% off and my wife's 20% off. I haven't seen him anywhere.

The girl at checkout say, "Wow! Liem Neason. You know. What's his name from the prequels?" I said, "You mean Quigon Jin? No, this is Luke." She fronded and said "Luke?". I explain who Luke was. She was really cute and was happy to talk Star Wars for a minute.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2017, 10:57 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: September 8, 2017, 01:25 PM »
New Orange Wave 2 pics, thanks to @ImpHolocron.  Glad to see R2's got his booster rockets back. Also HASCON panel confirms that Ep8 General Leia will indeed be in Orange Wave 2.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 8, 2017, 01:39 PM »
So are there any interesting alien characters in this movie?

"Yes, but those don't sell well."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #40 on: September 8, 2017, 02:37 PM »
Glad to see R2's got his booster rockets back.

He has to get up those stairs on Ach-To somehow.  ;)

Pretty much what we expected. Luke looks good. I wonder if his hood/cloak is removable - seems bulky. The poncho on Rey looks unusually bulky. I'd actually already taken a Endor Leia poncho and put it on a Resistance Rey. I think I like that better than this. We'll see. DJ continues to be a meh character, more so in plastic. Leia remains the best of the lot so far.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 8, 2017, 03:24 PM »
Please tell me that's intended to be an Episode II R2 and that he's not actually flying around again like the damn Rocketeer?

That's some prequel level nonsense if he is.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #42 on: September 8, 2017, 03:55 PM »
I have no idea if he actually does this in TLJ or not, but after I walked out of TFA, I was like - how he's getting up there? This would seem to at least support him using his rockets again, and I personally wouldn't mind it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 8, 2017, 04:42 PM »
I'm not sure why, but I really dig this look for Luke, looking forward to the figure. Looks like a nice wave with Luke, Leia, Rey, R2, and DJ, etc. Hopefully it won't be too long, I saw some things indicating December. Have to figure we've got a shorter window for the "main" release of TLJ stuff, with Han Solo right away in May.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 9, 2017, 12:07 PM »
So if this confirms that the Leia figure is the same, I guess it's time to cancel my Disney Store order...
Peter