Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

2024 TVC Wave 1 (New TVC Wave 33)

(1/15) > >>

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Rob on April 12, 2023, 01:04 PM ---I snagged an R5 off of eBay the minute that episode aired.  It cost me a little under $30 with shipping.

So, Hasbro will probably re-release it on a Mando card pretty soon for the low low price of $17 plus tax.
--- End quote ---

Ding ding ding, winner.  R5-D4 on a TVC The Mandalorian card coming next spring -

Swamped at work so I cant get press pics up right now but confirmed by Hasbro today:

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION R5-D4
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $16.99/Available: Spring 2024)
Fans can celebrate the legacy of STAR WARS, the action-and-adventure-packed space saga from a galaxy far, far away, with this premium 3.75-inch scale STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION R5-D4 figure. This R5-D4 action figure is inspired by the character’s appearance in season 3 of STAR WARS: MANDALORIAN live-action series on Disney+. A battered astromech droid, R5-D4 has had a long operational span bouncing around various owners on Tatooine for decades. Now, he resides in Docking 3-5 of Mos Eisley Spaceport in Peli Motto’s employ.

I *think* R5-D4 is the start of a new 2024 wave.  I'll move this post if we find out he belongs in an earlier wave.  Pre-order tomorrow, 1pm ET.

Rob:
Lol.  So predictable.

Dave:
Did we get confirmation if this is a straight repack or something newish?

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: Dave on April 18, 2023, 03:15 PM ---Did we get confirmation if this is a straight repack or something newish?

--- End quote ---

Pretty much straight repack, just new card.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Dave on April 18, 2023, 03:15 PM ---Did we get confirmation if this is a straight repack or something newish?

--- End quote ---

It's somewhat updated.  The VC040 R5-D4 is the B-A-F astromech body and has the two holes that are lower on the body.  This new R5-D4 gets rid of those, much like a more recent version of R2-D2 got rid of them, too.  But someone also made the observation that the promo photos don't show the 3 x red back panels that R5 is supposed to have.  I'm hoping that Hasbro can fix that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version