Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

4” Epic Hero Series Figure Line

(1/14) > >>

Rob:
I wasn’t sure where to ask this so I’m doing it here, maybe we need a new thread or forum section…

What’s the deal with these low articulation 4” Epic Heroes figures Jayson posted on IG this morning?

Are they part of the regular 3.75” line and represent a return to some level of 5-POA offerings in non-TVC packaging?  I’m trying to figure out if they’re something I’m collecting and at a glance they look like they would be.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Rob on November  9, 2023, 10:00 AM ---I wasn’t sure where to ask this so I’m doing it here, maybe we need a new thread or forum section…

What’s the deal with these low articulation 4” Epic Heroes figures Jayson posted on IG this morning?

Are they part of the regular 3.75” line and represent a return to some level of 5-POA offerings in non-TVC packaging?  I’m trying to figure out if they’re something I’m collecting and at a glance they look like they would be.

--- End quote ---

I don't have any more details than Jayson shared, but it seems like they are a Star Wars attempt at what they have been doing with the Marvel line (see the 4" Epic Hero Series X-Men '97 figures as an example).

If they are like the Marvel/X-Men Epic Hero stuff, they will be slightly out of scale compared to all the existing 3.75" stuff.

[edit - updated pic]

Rob:
Ah okay, interesting.  If they're a different scale, I won't collect them.  I guess we'll wait for more details.

Feels silly for Hasbro to not just keep them to scale with everything else if the shift is so small, but they'd be doing me a favor if they don't line up in that regard.

Matt_Fury:
TVC proves it's popularity by backing all three TVC Haslabs made.

TVC is way behind Black Series in new characters and product in general.

Hasbro's solution:  create a new 4 inch 5 POA line that does not fit in scale with TVC.   ::)

Dave:

--- Quote from: Matt_Fury on November  9, 2023, 11:30 AM ---TVC proves it's popularity by backing all three TVC Haslabs made.

TVC is way behind Black Series in new characters and product in general.

Hasbro's solution:  create a new 4 inch 5 POA line that does not fit in scale with TVC.   ::)

--- End quote ---

I really don't get this at all.  Why not 3.75" 5POA?  I've said it a million times that I'd be glad to buy all new 5POA figures if that is what it would take to hit profit margin targets.  TVC is great and I hope they keep it going, but the slow trickle of new figures is leaving huge gaps that I would be glad to have filled by new 3.75" 5POA figures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version