Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season One (Spoilers)  (Read 35683 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Season One (Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 11:40 PM »
Considering the overall tenor of the show and the audience they seem to be aiming at, I tend to think they will just go with the obvious...Fulcrum = Bail. It's not exactly a burning question IMO though, I'd be more interested to get the backstory on the Inquisitor or Ezra's parents.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 09:17 PM »
I'm sure we can really just now learn more as only the season progresses.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2015, 05:49 PM »
The newest episode of STAR WARS REBELS is now available for viewing via the Disney XD app as well as on Disney XD On Demand.  This one is called "Idiots Array", which is the name of a particular hand in the Star Wars card game Sabacc.  And this episode features at least a couple of guest voice actors that you're bound to enjoy.  Check it out!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #33 on: February 2, 2015, 07:19 PM »
The series has me wondering more and more if the crew of the Ghost is going to become more deeply involved with the Alliance.  They're basically passing themselves off as a freighter crew that regularly gets involved in "Imperial entanglements".  But from the episode with the droids to their rendezvous with the blockade runner, it looks as though "Fulcrum" may actually be Bail Organa.  He was overtly shown in the episode with Threepio and R2.  And when the crew of the Ghost handed over Seebo, the ship they docked with looked like the same blockade runner from the episode with the droids. 

Part of me feels the Corellian Corvette was something to throw us off...  Just a suspicion.  Then again I could see the show not really being that clever, too, and just making it Bail.

I think Fulcrum is definitely Bail Organa.  It's easy to extrapolate that after C-3PO and R2-D2's encounter with them, he learned a great deal about what they were like and started feeding Hera intelligence.  At this point in time, the Rebel Alliance is still gathering.  They haven't even gained their first major victory yet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: February 2, 2015, 07:35 PM »
Eh, what's "their first major victory" though?  In EU it was hinted that it simply was taking a Destroyer or two down...  Everything is so relative in Star Wars terms, at least to me.

I feel like the Rebellion may be more established than we've seen, and Hera/Kanan's crew is just a tool the Alliance is using.  I feel like the wheels were in motion immediately after, or even during the decline of TCW, that what Rebels the show is showing us, is really not the Rebellion at all.  I feel like it's just some people who get sucked up into it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: February 2, 2015, 07:44 PM »
BTW, I really liked last week's Rebels episode...

I keep forgetting to strike up conversation about any given episode because they seem to be inconsistently airing.  One week one, one off...  Maybe I'm just confused because I DVR them rather than watch live, but it feels weird like the show is not always new any given week it's on.

Anyway, last week's episode with Lando?  That was pretty damn cool...  The puffer pig was especially fun, if not odd.  I thought the animation of the episode was particularly fun.  Lando, as a character, was handled well too, which I was concerned.  He really did nothing more than be a smooth talking, kinda pervy guy, who likes to screw people over to get his way.  Not a bad guy, just not very honest.  See why Han wasn't trustful of him in ESB then.  He's not bad, just not very honest if it suits him.

The episode had a good deal of humor, and maybe I liked it more because Hera, Kanan, and Lando felt like the most important characters, while the ones I like the least felt very secondary to the episode.

That said, Ezra and Kanan's exchange over his saber was funny.

I really felt it was one of the better episodes the show has had so far.  Overall well done.

For the curious, Jayson at Yakface put a Puffer Pig container up online for people to download and print out on card stock if they wanted to.  It was on Twitter.  Pretty slick and not sure how he did it so easily.  Jayson's pretty good with the photoshop work. :P
« Last Edit: February 2, 2015, 07:45 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 3, 2015, 05:37 PM »

I think Fulcrum is definitely Bail Organa.

I have the feeling it's Leia. And I was under the impression that Fulcrum was presented as a long-time contact of Hera's.

My 5-year old has really been enjoying these episodes more and more. The yoda episode was riveting stuff for him, even if we grown ups could see what was going on immediately. Seeing Lando blew him away, too. (Ask him who Lando is and he'll tell you he blew up Death Star II. )

I like it so far...fun throwaway stuff.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: February 3, 2015, 06:07 PM »
I think it's improved as it has gone along.  I'd like to see them focus a little more the ladies and a little less on the Jedi though.  Or at least less on Ezra.  I really REALLY don't like him, or Zeb, all that much.  All the other characters seem very well laid out, but Ezra's coming off a lot more like whiny Luke, and a lot less like hero Luke.  And Zeb, I get he's a Chewbacca-ish character, but I guess I'd prefer them (much like I would've preferred Jar Jar this way) to have had a character who then didn't speak in a cockney accent and just spoke his own language and someone inferred his lines, more or less.

I think that adds to a character like that.

It worked for Chewbacca, it works for droids, and it works for Kenny, so I just wish Star Wars embraced it more in the cartoon/kiddie world I guess.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: February 6, 2015, 02:29 PM »
I'd like to see them focus a little more the ladies and a little less on the Jedi though.  Or at least less on Ezra. 

Ezra is the favorite character of my four year old...  which should tell you everything you need to know why he's the focus of this kids cartoon on Disney's XD channel. ;)

As for Fulcrum, I still like this theory best...

I think that Fulcrum is Ashoka Tano.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: February 6, 2015, 05:58 PM »
Yeah I've just not gotten into Ezra as much.  There's potential for him to appeal to adults too but I dunno if this show will ever get to Clone Wars levels in that way.  It's a very different formula obviously.

I am leaning to the Ashoka theory too, regarding Fulcrum...  I'm ok with that and her having a heavy hand in the Rebellions formation...  Could set up her demise nicely as well.

I wish other characters could crop up like Ahsoka...  Fallen Jedi and such from EU.  Feel like it's all a pipe dream to even consider but a villain like Jerec would be a neat surprise if he just even was hinted as being out there somewhere.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: February 9, 2015, 09:56 PM »
Billy Dee is talking Star Wars and stating he'll be returning to the series...

I kinda dig Lando as a sympathizer but with his own issues to deal with.  It'd tie in well to his character by ESB.  However, I thought some of his voice-acting was on the weaker side.   :-\  Not a huge deal in a kid's toon, but annoying to me anyway.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 08:10 AM »
However, I thought some of his voice-acting was on the weaker side.   :-\  Not a huge deal in a kid's toon, but annoying to me anyway.

I couldn't agree more.  I don't know if it was his voice over or the animation they used, but there was something off with his character.  I did like the nod to one of the original Jabba concept drawings though.  They are doing such a great job of including OT concept art in this series.  That's what keeps me coming back more than the stories...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 01:20 PM »
Wow.  Last night's episode was a little gruesome.  Luckily, my four-year old didn't realize the inquisitor decapitated those two officers.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 03:23 PM »
Wow.  Last night's episode was a little gruesome.  Luckily, my four-year old didn't realize the inquisitor decapitated those two officers.

I'd say last night's episode was probably the best.  having Tarkin on made it dark and I loved how he is making his subordinates answerable.  Perhaps we need some episodes with Vader and this ruthless Tarkin so that we can see why Vader is like his lap dog in ANH.

The only thumbs down was the antenna array's set-up (Mickey Mouse silhouette?).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:24 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 03:30 PM »
Everything is better if Tarkin is in it!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within