Author Topic: California State Star Wars Lotto Tickets  (Read 9586 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
California State Star Wars Lotto Tickets
« on: April 14, 2005, 02:08 PM »
Good ol Cali has 12 different Star Wars lottery tickets out, two per movie. Can any of you fine Californians on the board hook me up?  ;D
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: California State Star Wars Lotto Tickets
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 02:13 PM »
My sis is a bookkeeper for Ralphs.  I'll see what I can do.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 02:37 PM »
Yeah, I just noticed these last week at the local liquor store, and bumped up our lottery thread somewhere in Watto's to mention it.  I'll have to meander back over and see about picking some up, if there's any left.

The question I posed last week was:  Do you keep them MOMC, or do you actually scratch 'em?!   :P

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Your store should be able to scan them (this is how they verify winning tickets). So no need to scratch em off!

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 03:42 PM »
Your store should be able to scan them (this is how they verify winning tickets). So no need to scratch em off!

Not sure about CA, but in PA you need a 3 digit code that is uncovered when
you scratch the tickets.

Since I`m not in CA, I would just keep them unscratched I think..

Adam

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Can I get in on this request line? A little help? ;D

Can produce something cool for trade or compensation.

Offline JuvyD

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 5, 2005, 12:08 AM »
Hi...just checking to see if there are any forum memebrs in Cali that might be able to hook me up with the set of 12 Star Wars Lottery tickets unscratched.  I can pay, trade...whatever you want.

Any help is much appreciated! ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: May 5, 2005, 01:08 AM »
I've been looking around at several places, but they've been sold out so far.  Or at least most of them have been.  I assume you all only want complete sets, right?  Not just a few of them, if that's all I can find?  I'll keep you folks posted if I have any better luck though...

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 5, 2005, 09:44 PM »
Ok, whats the dilly? Word is your Californians are also getting lottery medallions? Hunt these down buddy! :)

Offline JuvyD

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 5, 2005, 11:14 PM »
JediMAC...yeah...just one complete set.  Again the help, if possible, is much appreciated!! ;D

I saw the medallions on eBay that BigDumbWookie is talking about...they look like a penny and a nickel.  Supposedly they sell for $1 each to be used to scratch your lotto cards.  I believe there are two out...Luke is one, the other is Leia.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 6, 2005, 05:31 PM »
Matt,

I need one complete set as well, also including the six, yes count em six, medallions.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 03:22 PM »
OK, so I've kicked it into overdrive on trying to make this happen for you guys, but here's the problem:

Every place I've been to only has 6 of the 12 tickets in their ticket roll (they're all $2 each).  That seems to be standard.  And these things are all attached, and I've only found ONE place so far that is willing to let me pick and choose which tickets I want (and detach them out of the middle of other tickets).  All the rest of the places say you have to take the next available ticket(s), and can't specifically select which ones you want.  Problem is, the sets of 6 tickets that all stores have, are completely random, so it's not like I can find two separate sets of 6 at two separate stores and just add them together to make a complete set, unfortunately.  So this is really quite the tricky proposition here.  At this point, I'm just trying to put together one complete set for myself, to see how feasible (and easy/difficult) this will be to do for others.

So one thing you'd all have to live with if I'm able to make this work, is that some of your tickets may be single (detached), and some may come in strips of 2 to 6 (attached).  I assume that's cool with everyone?  Can't get 12 in a row, all attached.  Best you'll get is 6 attached, and the other 6 randomly attached or not.

Also, according to everyone I've spoken to, there's no way of verifying winning tickets without actually scratching them off.  So that's up to you folks if you want them scratched, or not.  There aren't any "readers" that I'm aware of to let you know the result without scratching off the ticket to see your numbers.

Finally, regarding the "coins"/scratchers...  Yes, there is a set of 6 of them, and they cost $1 each.  But they're being put out in sets of two, with the first two of Luke and Leia currently available (early May), the next two becoming available in Mid-May, and the last two becoming available in late May.  Don't recall the last four coins, but I'll double check that.

So far, I think Adam's the only person that's requested the coins, so I picked up the first two for him, but that's it so far.

So here's the request list at this point.  Please chime in and let me know if things still stand, or if you got a hookup from someone else in Cali, or if you want to change your order (add the "coins"?), or whatever...

Adam - Set of 12 tickets, plus set of 6 coins/medallions ($30)
Dave - Set of 12 tickets, plus set of 6 coins/medallions ($30)
Sharon - Set of 12 tickets ($24)
Jim - Set of 12 tickets ($24)

But like I said, putting together a complete set of the 12 is going to be tricky business.  Basically, I'm going to have to find some more stores willing to let me pick and choose which tickets I actually need.  If I can't do that, I'm essentially going to be screwed on this (unless you guys want a few duplicates, at $2 a pop).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 08:00 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 03:25 PM »
Here are pics of the coins:

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 06:47 PM »
And here's the 12 different tickets too, while we're at it:

As for the coins:
These coins, available when you buy any Star Wars Scratchers ticket at a participating retailer, are being released two at a time through the month of May.  The first two (Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia) will be available in early May, the next two (Darth Vader and R2-D2) in mid May and the last two (Yoda and C-3PO) in late May.

Apparently only a small percentage of stores are carrying the coins.  I've only found one so far.  The rest of the ones I've asked at give me a totally confused look, not knowing what in the hell I'm talking about.

Hit several more stores today at lunch, and managed one more ticket, putting me at 11/12 so far.  Found a couple new stores along the way, but they were like the rest, where they wouldn't let me pick and choose which tickets I got, since they refused to detach any beyond the very first one, unless I bought them all.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 06:48 PM by JediMAC »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Im up for a set of coins and tickets Matt, count me in!