Author Topic: JD Fantasy Hockey 2005  (Read 124995 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Hockey 2005 - League is Live!!
« Reply #825 on: October 16, 2005, 09:59 PM »
I'm for the Max game limit...

I'm also sick of people bitching about the rules after the game starts

I'm sick of rules not being clearly laid out in their entirety for all to see before we start anything.  I'm not blaming Brent mind you, but we spent so much time discussing the rules and there was no mention of a max on games. 

I'm sorry to interrupt here, and not to take sides, but I must add that this rule about max games was clearly posted before the draft on the league settings page at yahoo.  There is no "if"s, "and"s, or "but"s about it.  Posted for all to see, 24/7, right on the league settings page.

Hope that helps.

Okay back to Seahawks/Texans on ESPN.

:D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 16, 2005, 10:15 PM »
I'm for the Max game limit...

I'm also sick of people bitching about the rules after the game starts

I'm sick of rules not being clearly laid out in their entirety for all to see before we start anything.  I'm not blaming Brent mind you, but we spent so much time discussing the rules and there was no mention of a max on games. 

I'm sorry to interrupt here, and not to take sides, but I must add that this rule about max games was clearly posted before the draft on the league settings page at yahoo.  There is no "if"s, "and"s, or "but"s about it.  Posted for all to see, 24/7, right on the league settings page.

Hope that helps.

Okay back to Seahawks/Texans on ESPN.

:D

I, for one, was not checking the settings page since we hadn't finalized a thing.  No point in checking. 

And if you don't want people butting into your leagues, stay out of ours.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 10:16 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 16, 2005, 10:17 PM »
...So you didn't check to make sure everything was the way you wanted it, before Brent finalized it? :-X

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 16, 2005, 10:25 PM »
...So you didn't check to make sure everything was the way you wanted it, before Brent finalized it? :-X

Kevin

I'll ask you again Kev, why have 4 centerman if you have a max on games you can use?  :-X

My entire point, obviously missed on those who would rather just be haters and talk ****, is why do we have 5 bench spots if we can't even utilize them?  Why did we fill up our rosters if there is such a small max on games?  We all asked for more guys on our teams, and I did so thinking we'd actually be able to use them.  It truly is beyond me why we have such a small cap, and why we have a cap at all, if our benches are so deep.  Basically, we are hoarding guys that others can't pick up to help their own teams with the way we have it now.  If you can expand the cap # Brent, please do so.  Otherwise I suggest shrinking the rosters.  This is just like football last year.  Huge rosters, nearly every decent player in the NFL taken and put on someone's roster and the majority of those guys couldn't be used.  Someone explain that rationale, please. 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 16, 2005, 10:37 PM »
I'll ask you again Kev, why have 4 centerman if you have a max on games you can use?  :-X

My entire point, obviously missed on those who would rather just be haters and talk ****, is why do we have 5 bench spots if we can't even utilize them?  Why did we fill up our rosters if there is such a small max on games?  We all asked for more guys on our teams, and I did so thinking we'd actually be able to use them.  It truly is beyond me why we have such a small cap, and why we have a cap at all, if our benches are so deep.  Basically, we are hoarding guys that others can't pick up to help their own teams with the way we have it now.  If you can expand the cap # Brent, please do so.  Otherwise I suggest shrinking the rosters.  This is just like football last year.  Huge rosters, nearly every decent player in the NFL taken and put on someone's roster and the majority of those guys couldn't be used.  Someone explain that rationale, please. 

Injuries, backups, favorable play rotation.

It's called strategic playing. Do YOU want to give up all your bench players? Why not declare them all free agents as a gesture of how devoted to this campaign of mid-season rule change you have going here? First the flex position, and now this fiasco.

It seems when you get in a league rut, you want everyone to change for you. You really should read over the specifications, and league rules, before you sign up for another leauge. It's getting ridiculous. Go take a nap or something.

Kevin
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 02:01 AM by JediMAC »

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 16, 2005, 10:43 PM »

Injuries, backups, favorable play rotation.

It's called strategic playing. Do YOU want to give up all your bench players? Why not delcare them all free agents as a gesture of how devoted to this campaign of mid-season rule change you have going here? First the flex position, and now this fiasco.

It seems when you get in a leauge rut, you want everyone to change for you. You really should read over the specifications, and leauge rules, before you sign up for another leauge. It's getting rediculous. Go take a nap or somthing.

Kevin

Strategic how Kev?  How often do all of your Cs play on the same night?  How often do all of your wingers play on the same nite?  Tell you what, cycle through the entire season and give me an answer to that one. 

I seem to be the only one at times since I'm the only one who ever questions things.  Sorry that I don't follow the status quo.   ::)

I have no problem waiving most of my bench guys.  If I can't use them, what's the point in having them?  Are you gonna pick them up and further hoard players you can't use?

What was so wrong about the flex position?  We had 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF and like 14 guys on our bench.  Sit there and rationally explain that to me.  There was no need for that deep a bench.  We all knew it, but unfortunately, I'm the only one with the balls to step up and say something.  I have no problem being that guy. 

Who says I'm in a rut?  It's the 2nd week of the season.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 02:04 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 16, 2005, 10:50 PM »
It's called options. I'll completley avoid all of your bench players, but I can't speak for the others.

You had plenty of time to examine this aspect when I brought up the fact we should have an equal amount of bench spots for the amount of positions we have.

If you spent as much time shaping up a better team, you might stand a chance of winning the league.

Learn to play by the rules.

Kevin

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #832 on: October 16, 2005, 10:57 PM »
I don't see how having 4 bench players is hoarding anything.  And again, these were the rules all along, its too late to switch IMO

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 16, 2005, 11:03 PM »
If you spent as much time shaping up a better team, you might stand a chance of winning the league.

I've raised my concern, voiced my opinion, PMd Brent and cast my vote.  I have nothing further to say on this matter regardless of how it goes. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 02:05 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 16, 2005, 11:06 PM »
I, and others have clearly explained why having bench players adds an element of skill to the whole thing (knowing who to start when) and provides an injury cusion - that should really be the end of it.

And by my count the vote now stands at 4-2 in favor of leaving well enough alone.

If the games stay capped at what they are at, I vote we shrink the rosters down.  No point in having a deep bench if you can't use it.

Shrinking the rosters down has just about as much chance of being changed as getting rid of the games cap. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 16, 2005, 11:19 PM »
Ah, ain't fantasy fun? ;) :P

Look folks, I understand the passion and it's all cool, if not entertaining.  We are less than 10% into the season, it's not like football, a change really isn't going to affect anyone either way. 

Just think about what you want to see happen with respect to the 82 game cap, that's the only issue currently in question.  If you think that it will be more exciting with having more than 82 games per slot, vote for it.  If you don't, don't vote for it.

Try as best you can to leave personalities to the side of the issue.   :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 16, 2005, 11:34 PM »
Removed my post 'cause I went overboard.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 05:47 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: JD Fantasy hockey 2005
« Reply #837 on: October 17, 2005, 10:27 AM »
I'm sick of rules not being clearly laid out in their entirety for all to see before we start anything.

In fairness, the rules were laid out right here with a specific mention of the 82 game cap:

Here are the settings as they currently are.  These are all subject to discussion/vote/whatever.  I like it simple but I can change.

League ID# 2296
League Name: Jedidefender
Password: berry

Draft Type: Offline Draft 
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Points Only 
Max Moves: No maximum 
Max Trades: No maximum 
Trade Reject Time: 2 days
Trade End Date: March 9, 2006 
Waiver Time: 1 day 
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports 
Trade Review: League Votes
Max Games Played: 82 
Start Scoring on: Wednesday, Oct 5 
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow 
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR 
Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, W, SHO 
Stat Modifiers: G(1), A(1), +/-(1), W(1), SHO(3) 

With that said though, I don't have a problem raising the cap to 100 games.

That way, it's not a free-for-all since the games are still capped at something.  Plus, you do get some more milage out of the bench players that you have.  You still have to strategize how and when to use those extra 18 games over the year.

I can go either way, but I'll vote to increase the cap to 100 because I don't think it really hurts anything this early in the year because everyone will still have a chance to capitalize on that expansion.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #838 on: October 19, 2005, 11:09 AM »
Another day goes by and my team clings to it's 1st place position despite constant threats from the #2-5 guys.

The points are piling up, but my little squad keeps finding a way to keep me on top...  8)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 19, 2005, 12:42 PM »
I've got NO players playing today.  I expect to drop a few spots by the end of the evening.   :-[