Author Topic: 2004 DVD Release List  (Read 101175 times)

Online Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Go out and buy Seinfeld!
« Reply #750 on: November 24, 2004, 12:03 AM »
I'll probably pick them up sometime in the future, but I won't rush out to get them. They already show it 3 billion times a day. Not that I'm complaining though. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

Re: 2004 DVD Release List
« Reply #751 on: November 24, 2004, 02:37 AM »
Best Buy sucked as usual this morning. God, how I hate them. I decided to pass on the cartoon discs entirely and just get the live action Ewoks disasters, but checked for all 3. None of the SW discs were on the shelf, and when I asked the guy in the section, he said they had 6 copies of each (that's all, on street date - nice) that they can't find. They've also started doing that Frys-style bull**** where they've contructed a wall of merchandise to create a giant que for the checkout counters, manned by 2 people.  ::) I swear every time I go in there it will be my last. Why can't I resist???

I walked next door and bought it from TRU. It's the only new Star Wars item I think they've bothered to put out in months. I hate them, too. Only slightly less than BB, though.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Go out and buy Seinfeld!
« Reply #752 on: November 24, 2004, 02:44 AM »
Half of the people on line at my local best buy had Seinfeld dvds in their hands. I was one of them. Go out and buy yourself a set. They are not the best episodes, but there are some classics in the mix.

Merged your topic in here as it relates to this thread!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 24, 2004, 09:15 AM »
I see the Buck Rodgers TV series is finally hitting this week (today) I think.  I'll probably pick that one up, to go along with the Battlestar Galactica set I nabbed earlier this year.  Used to love watching those on the tube as a kid.

Guess you missed my post eh Matt! The release date was Nov 16th, last week! Its pricey, ran me around $85. CDN.

I am looking forward to this release next week, been along time since I saw the show on TV. It has never aired up here on our Sci-Fi channel.
I think Matt will like to have this just to see Erin Gray...

"bidi bidi bidi"

I guess I'll grab those ****** Ewok movies too, but screw those abbreviated versions of the Droids and Ewoks cartoon series.  Give me the whole series, or give me nothing, 'cause I ain't gonna pay $20 for just 4 episodes at a time.  Damned Lucas...   >:(

Picked mine up last night, they had sort of a special on them, $11. CDN each. I agree with Matt on having the whole series but I just had to have them. Not going to evilbay to get them, heck, I can download aquire them myself but the quality of them are the ***** & the DVD's will be better for the time being.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #754 on: November 24, 2004, 10:21 AM »
Dang...I keep forgetting about the Ewoks movie set.  I could care less about the cartoons but I want to see Wilford Brimley in all of his SW glory

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #755 on: November 24, 2004, 06:14 PM »
Dammit.  That means I missed the Buck Rodgers sales then.  That blows.  Gonna have to wait quite a while now for a decent price probably...   :-\

Next question:  Are none of the new Harry Potter DVDs coming in the fancy little cardboard cover cover this time around?  I hate it when ****'s not consistent!   >:(  I see they've got a boxed set of the first 3 available now.  Yawn.  I'll wait for the whole box about a decade from now...   :P

Pissed to see another edition of Rambo: First Blood come out.  The Ultimate Edition this time.  Makes my previous one obsolete now.  Hate it when they do that **** (too).   >:(

SilverZ

« Reply #756 on: November 24, 2004, 11:26 PM »
Yeah, they switched to keepcases on Harry Potter, so they don't match. They're apparently confused that people liked the 2-disc cardboard cases, and only hated the single disc snappers.  ::) Apparently there's a new boxset of all three HP movies if you want to crappy keepcase versions. I really thought the first two's packaging was beautiful, but then again, the new one doesn't have good Struzan cover art, just lame ass PS work, so I guess it doesn't matter.

The only reason to get the newer Rambo is to see the alternate ending on First Blood. Otherqwise, there's nothing I'd upgrade for.

Random side note: Got a phonecall from TRU tonight to take part in a survey about "yesterday's purchase at our Los Feliz store". Forgot, I picked up Ewoks there already. Got to complain about how terrible the store was, how the didn't have anything I was looking for, and that the DVD was more than Best Buy next door. This is the second of those calls from them this year - they send you a $5.00 gift certificate for doing it. Now I can buy a free 2002 Saga figure from them!  ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #757 on: November 25, 2004, 12:26 AM »
No Ewoks at Best Buy or Curcuit City tonight, damn my 29.9 year old brain :'(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 29, 2004, 01:00 AM »
Anybody know if the version of Hero that's being released in the U.S. Tuesday is an edited down version?  If I buy it am I going to be missing a lot?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 29, 2004, 09:09 AM »
Tomorrow is the day for...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 29, 2004, 09:26 AM »
Anybody know if the version of Hero that's being released in the U.S. Tuesday is an edited down version?  If I buy it am I going to be missing a lot?

I've got two imports of Hero plus the R1 U.S. release - one of the imports is a Director's Cut, which adds about 12 minutes of footage (I think, I'm not too good at reading Chinese  :P ) and the U.S. release says 99 minutes on the back. Although checking with IMDB, I get this info: China:107 min (extended version) / China:93 min /U.S.A. 96 min - so I'm not sure what that really means?

Great flick, either way.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #761 on: November 29, 2004, 10:09 AM »
Someone figure the Hero thing out so I don't have to... 

PS. Why haven't I seen anything about the Office Space Special Edition? I've been browsing about looking for any sort of ETA (better than 'early 2005'), but no luck really.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 29, 2004, 11:25 AM »
http://www.decentfilms.com/reviews/hero2002.html

That link says there is a 110 minute version.  There is also a 120 minute director's cut that probably no one has ever seen.  Most websites say the Chinese dvd is 107 minutes long. 

The U.S. version is 99 minutes.

Meaning, it's probably 8 to 11 minutes shorter than the Chinese dvd and 21 minutes longer than the director's cut which is not available in any known form (that I could find reference to anyway).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 29, 2004, 03:57 PM »
http://www.lordoftherings.net/

6 minute preview of ROTK:EE.  Great stuff.
Common sense isn't so common

SilverZ

« Reply #764 on: November 29, 2004, 11:51 PM »
Tomorrow is the day for...

Spider-man 2 Widescreen Special Edition

Make that:

I'll go for the dts track and (tiny) image improvement, and just grab the SE when it hits the Hollywood Video used bin.  :)

And don't forget:

Which is $15.99 at Target for the 2-pack. "How about a nice warm glass of shut the hell up?" I can't believe it's taken like 6 years to get an SE of this, let alone a WS version. Sweetness!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 11:52 PM by Tydirium »