Author Topic: 2019 TVC Wave 1 (aka New TVC Wave 4)  (Read 21119 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Vintage Collection Wave 1
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2019, 10:52 PM »
I am with you on wanting new, but I have to take exception with Ishi Tib. I have been stewing about the Home One Ishi getting released instead of the Jabba Ishi for 20 years. To me he would definitely qualify as a "new" figure, and one of the non-Kenner aliens that to me seemed essential and obvious in the Palace.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2019, 12:45 AM »
Ishi would be new, imho so I’m all for him...  while I wouldn’t mind a new Home One one too I’m also with Jeff that with the limited way the line is now, I’d prefer new to old.  I think JP Ishi is fine...  not my top wants of new from his place (snags is my guy) but yeah I would like Russian hat guy, Frozec, etc.

I also thumb my nose (slightly) to repaints right now.  But I’d totally prefer that to a repack half the time.  I mean if it’s filling that spot that’d be cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2019, 11:44 AM »

And Squidface, Bib Fortuna & Ishi Tib!

I dunno. I'd put Bib and Squid way down the list. In spite of the low articulation, I think both sculpts are perfectly adequate and display well with the newest sculpts. I also think "Squidface" is one of the early sculpting success of the modern line.

Ishi Tib, yes. Both versions.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2019, 01:08 PM »
Starting to get a little worried about this wave.  I pre-ordered from EE but missed out getting my order filled in the first batch of cases they got in. 

Noticed today that the EE listing has been moved to "Sold Out".  Hope they are still expecting more to cover existing pre-orders.  It's been a long, long time since I had EE fail me on a pre-order - over ten years at least.  :-\

edit: of course, after I post this,  the listing was changed again to "Pre-Sold Out: Coming in March 2019" instead of the ominous Sold Out listing.  That helps my hope I'll get this order filled sometime soon at least.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 01:14 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2019, 02:42 PM »
Uh oh. Hope it's still coming in March. Or I'm stuck trying to get them from Hasbro Pulse.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2019, 08:20 PM »
I’ve had quite a few situations like that with EE on acid rain it just takes me forever to come in.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2019, 01:46 AM »
Got my case of this wave from EE today.

Since I didn't open either of the carded Yakface figures that came with my Sail Barges, this was the first opportunity I had to actually open one since he comes 2 per case.

What an amazing figure! Hasbro really went all out on this figure in terms of both sculpt and articulation. Same thing goes with the Klaatu Skiff Guard. I pre-ordered 2nd openers of each from Hasbro Pulse, I may just be tempted to place another order for one more of each just because of how amazing these figures are.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 TVC Wave 1 (aka New TVC Wave 4)
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2019, 06:03 AM »
I've seen reports that this wave might be turning up at clearance outlets like Ollies.  Now I actually need to find one of these stores
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2019, 10:31 AM »
Time to start checking Burlington and Ross at lunch again.  I'd love to find some Scarif Troopers.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2019, 10:56 AM »
For sure. I think there might be a Burlington around me, but definitely not a Ross. Any other discount outlets that occasionally stock TVC?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2019, 12:09 PM »
I saw the post in a TVC group regarding the Ollie's finds in a TVC Facebook group.  I haven't personally seen TVC hit other clearance outlets since the line ended its first run around 2012/13 and a whole lot of it landed at 5 Below.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2019, 01:14 PM »
For sure. I think there might be a Burlington around me, but definitely not a Ross. Any other discount outlets that occasionally stock TVC?

We were driving through the strip mall on the other side of town, where a new Ollie's has come in to replace our old Toys R Us. (Burlington has been there forever.) One of the vacant spots had a huge sign up saying "coming soon: Ross" and when I let out an excited squeal my wife asked if it's supposed to be a good store. I replied no it supposed to be a disgusting place, but I hear they get clearanced Star Wars toys! She rolled her eyes.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2019, 01:19 PM »

We were driving through the strip mall on the other side of town, where a new Ollie's has come in to replace our old Toys R Us. (Burlington has been there forever.) One of the vacant spots had a huge sign up saying "coming soon: Ross" and when I let out an excited squeal my wife asked if it's supposed to be a good store. I replied no it supposed to be a disgusting place, but I hear they get clearanced Star Wars toys! She rolled her eyes.

Oh man, that would probably be the same interchange my wife and I would have.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2019, 01:53 AM »
I wouldn’t call Ross bad by any means...  at least here they’re super clean and just a typical close out store in that they’re rows of clothes and sort of hodge podge shelves of stuff for other departments.  They’re very clean and fairly organized though.  I have 4-5 around me in various parts of the city.  It isn’t a bastion of Star Wars toys either though.

I’m thinking some nearer whwrerver they’re HQ is get better or at least more stuff.  Mine get only sporadic stock of old Star Wars Toys.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2019, 12:32 AM »
I saw about 10 Hoth Rebel Soldiers on the legs at Ollie’s today, but that was the only character they had. Good if you’re into army building those guys I guess.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy