Author Topic: JD Pics to Names!  (Read 124138 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: JD Pics to Names!
« Reply #465 on: November 17, 2004, 02:29 AM »
Ah, good times...   8)

Met 4 new JD'ers tonight (already hung out with chuckles twice before tonight, since I got here), plus two JD wives...  Talked to Jamie and Fatty B (Mr. MIA) tonight too.  Good times all the way around. 

I just felt bad for all the rest of the guys, 'cause the waitresses were all over me, and wouldn't give any of the rest of the crew the time of day.  Maybe that's 'cause they kept LOUDLY talking about collecting Star Wars toys...   ::)

Dumbasses.

But other than that, Minnesota's been very, very good to me...  And no (Jamie), despite at least 10+ Guinesses, I didn't christen another wall.   ;)

Good to meet all you goofs!  Now get your asses out to SoCal sometime, so I can return the favor, eh?

P.S.  Two thumbs down to Morgbug for not driving 7 hours down to hang out with the JD MN crew.  Even more thumbs down to him for trying to get Jim to whore his Rubiks cube **** out to all the Hooters attendees...   ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 17, 2004, 08:42 AM »
Of course, as is often the case, things turned ugly when J-MAC got some drinks in him.  During the discussion of the Wolves superiority over the Lakers, J-MAC snapped and attacked poor Scott with his SoCal Lakers French Fry...

Awe, I thought Matt was taking a hit & run over Scott's new Kubrick's!  ;D

Looks like you guys had a great time.  :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #467 on: November 17, 2004, 09:31 AM »
I was having a fine time until this very moment:

There was no need for him to break out his Lakers French Fry and club me to the ground like that...I still have welts on my face and neck

It was a pleasure meeting Jim and Special Guest Star Colman last night.  His proficiency at downing the Guinness was a site to behold.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #468 on: November 17, 2004, 10:12 AM »
So... uh... do you carry that Lakers french fry with you everywhere? Or just when you're going out for drinks?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 17, 2004, 10:15 AM »

P.S.  Two thumbs down to Morgbug for not driving 7 hours down to hang out with the JD MN crew.  Even more thumbs down to him for trying to get Jim to whore his Rubiks cube **** out to all the Hooters attendees...   ::)

Well, if it's any consolation I'm sad I didn't make the drive :-\

I'm mightily pleased and pleasantly surprised Jim was whoring the cubes though.  I was mostly joking when I told him to do that.  Mostly.  

Only one set left.... :P

Sorry about your welts, Scott.  I promise to barf on Colman to make up for it at C3.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 17, 2004, 12:31 PM »
So... uh... do you carry that Lakers french fry with you everywhere? Or just when you're going out for drinks?

I was thinking the same thing....you aren't bringing that with you to C3 are you Matt??  I'm thinking it's going to be a little scary hanging out with you boys in Hooters then.  :-*

Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #471 on: November 17, 2004, 04:59 PM »
UPDATE!

I just talked to Mister "Loose or Carded" and he relayed:

Nothing doing tonight since he'll have to work all night

He had a big headache this morning and "Woke up around 7, rolled out of bed around 9...45"

No Famous Dave's today for lunch breaking his streak at 2 days

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 17, 2004, 05:17 PM »
UPDATE!
He had a big headache this morning and "Woke up around 7, rolled out of bed around 9...45"

Lemmie guess, he followed up with " I dont worry 'bout nothing though cause worrings a waste of my time. "? ;)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Pics to names 2 - The 2004 Holiday Season
« Reply #473 on: December 5, 2004, 08:23 PM »
In the spirit of all that is good, I'd like to share our holiday photo here. This is the picture we'll be sending with our cards this year, who else cares to share?

Merry Christmas, and all that. ;)

Deanpaul
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: Pics to names 2 - The 2004 Holiday Season
« Reply #474 on: December 5, 2004, 08:46 PM »
Great pic.  Don't have any to share at the moment myself.  I'll probably take some XMAS party shots at my buddy's upcoming bash, the "Pimp and Ho Ho Ho" party.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 5, 2004, 09:20 PM »
Cute pic!!  (too bad about all that white stuff though, I can send you more if you'd like ;)).

When my kid's were younger, I tried to take a picture for our Christmas cards.  In my one and only attempt, my daugher has a bandage on her hand from trying to hand me the curling iron to do her hair by the wrong end and my son has a big lump under his eye from tripping over the chair and hitting his face on the end table....
Beth

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #476 on: December 5, 2004, 09:39 PM »
Great picture, Dean!

We don't get snow like that in Alabama.

We get ice and sleet and cold rain though!

>:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #477 on: December 5, 2004, 09:46 PM »
Patty just suggested that your dog didn't look too happy in that picture...   :P

Otherwise, good pic!  Too bad you can't see #3 in there (yet)...   ;)

I'll see if I can get my Mom to send over our annual X-mas card pic (yeah, we STILL do that)...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #478 on: December 5, 2004, 10:01 PM »
Here's what we're sending out

Nice pic BTW Deanpaul :)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 6, 2004, 12:14 AM »
"Pimp and Ho Ho Ho" party.

Dang, I my invitation to that hasn’t shown up yet! Stupid slow USPS this time of year. Seriously though, I think we all want to see pics of that. Please!

When my kid's were younger, I tried to take a picture for our Christmas cards.  In my one and only attempt, my daugher has a bandage on her hand from trying to hand me the curling iron to do her hair by the wrong end and my son has a big lump under his eye from tripping over the chair and hitting his face on the end table....

That sounds like work... I’m willing to open this up to Chrismas’ past as well... If you didn’t ditch all the photographic evidence...

Patty just suggested that your dog didn't look too happy in that picture...   :P

Otherwise, good pic!  Too bad you can't see #3 in there (yet)...   ;)

Patty called it. The dog has been pretty pissed ever since we told her #3 was on the way. She insists on scowling whenever a camera is out, and even when it’s not for that matter.

At least she’s smart enough not to go down the path of protest “accidents”.

Here is a snap from last year, before we gave her the news:

Nice pic BTW Deanpaul :)

Great looking kids, Scott. Not at all frost-bit either. I’ll show my wife, she seems to remember all kids in MN being blue... Or mosquito bit.

We actually took the snow pic with our timer, after doing the professional thing last year(see above). Our camera is a Sony DSC 717, 5.5mpx. I set it to timer and “burst”, and took about 5 sets of three pictures. That comes in handy for action sledding pictures, and family poses. Honestly though, this pic does have a photoshop head swap on my son, and if the dog had given me anything to work with I would have “improved” her as well.

Who’s next?
« Last Edit: December 6, 2004, 12:17 AM by Deanpaul »
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life