Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 152599 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #555 on: March 21, 2005, 10:45 PM »
Gee, I wish I'd thought to post that.  Oh, wait, I did.

Alliance Collectibles.com has some images of the next few Unleashed:

Darth Vader

Darth Sidious & Yoda

Asajj Ventress

Hah!  Just gotta give you a hard time.   ;) 

Great pictures, can't wait for more!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 2, 2005, 12:43 PM »
Picked up Grievous at TRU today, a very nice figure.  8)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 2, 2005, 02:30 PM »
I picked up all three, very cool.  I am still missing the stormtrooper from the last wave and was really hoping to nab one today.  Is this still shipping or am I forced to go to Ebay for this???
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 2, 2005, 02:59 PM »
Ah yes, the Stormtrooper, I still need that one. There here but only at the comic/figure stores and was to much for him. If he doesn't show up at any store, I may have to break down and get him at one of these stores. Some have him $10.00  to $15.)) over retail!  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #559 on: April 2, 2005, 08:18 PM »
I bought Obi and Ani, amazing is an understatement.  Jeff was ogling them last night as well but didn't bite. :P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 2, 2005, 10:27 PM »
I oogled Greivous last night, but I too, did not bite. I may go back or get one at Indy.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 3, 2005, 01:20 AM »
The Unleashed figures were the first thing I picked up last night.  And boy, did they go fast!  The Unleashed line has really caught on in a big way it seems.  I've yet to open them up, but I'm looking forward to it in a big way.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 3, 2005, 03:14 AM »
I still need Anakin and Obi plus the Stormtrooper, Ani and Obi I can get with no problem as there are lots here. Will get them later this week.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 3, 2005, 11:55 AM »
I opened up all three last night and they are each pretty impressive.  Grevious was by far the easiest to display.  He hangs by two pegs in his feet on the doorway.  All I had to do was insert his lightsabers and he was done.

Obiwan and Anakin can either face each other in lava battle (shown on the back on Anakin's card) or fight others back-to-back (no lava) on Obi-Wan's card.  Anakin was a pain in the ass to figure out how the lava went and I still don't have them as close together as I would like (and from the pictures below you'll see Anakin is actually standing on the lava).  The scuplts are fantastic, though, and I am very pleased with the way this line is progressing.

Star Wars toys

Beth

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 3, 2005, 02:57 PM »
First of all, the Anakin and Obi-Wan are amazing when you put them together.  They are literally the centerpiece on my coffee table right now.  Easily the best Unleashed that have ever been done when combined.  Even my mother who came by for a visit was saying how great they looked.

As for your situation, Beth, I'm going to try to explain this the best I can (although it's very difficult to do without pictures):

Regarding Anakin's "lava" attachments, there is a very strange way to do things that isn't even made clear by the packaging or any photos I have seen. 

The two lava pieces themselves fit together by inserting a peg on the back of the right piece (the one that angles left over Anakin's right shoulder) into a hole near the top of the left piece (the one that angles over his left shoulder).  Also, near the base of the right piece, there is a square peg that fits into a square slot at the base of the left piece.  This makes the lava into one big piece of, well, lava.   ;D

The lava fits onto the base like this:  take the side of the base with the three little designs (the opposite side has two and is the side with the hole for Anakin's foot near it) and the square hole and face it toward you: this is the front.  The right lava piece slides (obviously) into the hole on the top of the base.  The left lava piece slides into the hole on the front of the base.  You may need to connect the lava in the method I mentioned above first to do this, but it's fairly easy to do either way.

Once you have the base assembled for Anakin, you slide his metal foot peg into the hole on the base, and there is a peg on the left lava flow that fits into a hole in his back on his belt.  His foot will then sit directly to the left of the left lava piece and will make it a whole lot more stable (and realistic, as otherwise he'd burn his foot clean off).  :)

Finally, the two bases (Anakin and Obi-Wan) fit together by inserting the piece of upward jutting lava on Anakin's base through the last elongated slot on the front of Obi-Wan's lava.  It's a loose fit, but Obi-Wan's lava lays perfectly on top of Anakin's and it truly joins their bases together in a secure and aesthetically pleasing manner.

If you have any other questions, just post and I'll do what I can to answer them!

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 3, 2005, 03:11 PM »
I don't collect the Unleashline but I have seen the Stormtrooper Unleash here in SoCal just yesterday at  I think Kmart.  I will try and see if I can find any for those who need some.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 3, 2005, 04:43 PM »
I know Dale (DSJ) is looking for one...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 3, 2005, 06:56 PM »
If you have any other questions, just post and I'll do what I can to answer them!

Nope, you covered the assembly perfect!!  Thanks so much for the help, Anakin no longer has a 'hot' foot ;D.

Beth

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 3, 2005, 07:36 PM »
I don't collect the Unleashline but I have seen the Stormtrooper Unleash here in SoCal just yesterday at  I think Kmart.  I will try and see if I can find any for those who need some.

I need one and I'm in So Cal.  PM me if you find one.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 4, 2005, 04:18 AM »
Here are a couple loose pics of the new line, that I took shortly after midnight madness.   :)