Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353850 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #900 on: April 13, 2008, 06:16 PM »
Has anyone found the new 2 packs yet?

Scott did a few weeks back at some weird store here in MN.  I think a few other folks have found them as well, but it's pretty spotty.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 14, 2008, 09:10 AM »
Has anyone found the new 2 packs yet?

Scott did a few weeks back at some weird store here in MN.  I think a few other folks have found them as well, but it's pretty spotty.

I found all but the Gree pack at a store called Gordman's (which I don't think is nationwide, but I'm not sure).  I haven't heard of them hitting any of the big stores yet though.

Just a side question for everyone - does anyone have opinions on last year's WM exclusive Cantina sets?  I saw them a couple times, but just couldn't afford them with everything else that was hitting at the time.  Are they worth trying to pick up now?  I really like to keep up at least with the OT sets, but I realize that these are mostly repacked figures (as the sets usually are).  From what I've seen, the "Cantina Band" set seems to be pretty reasonable, with the other one (Cantina Encounter?) a little higher priced.  Just wondering what everyone thought of these sets, are they worth picking up?  Doesn't the Band one have some sort of sound feature?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:19 AM by Brian »

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 15, 2008, 10:43 AM »
It's a shame you couldn't catch them on clearance.  I saw them briefly for $10 at Wal-mart (after I'd bought them), and that's not real common here.

I really like the Cantina Band set.  It does play a short but surprisingly nice sounding clip of the first Cantina Band song (and lights a blue LED); and all 4 of the band members are given their correct instruments, making a total of 5 unique members when you add in your Figrin D'an.  As standalones,  I like this squat little group even better than their 3.75" counterparts.  Even the rehashed Hammerhead and Duros are both kinda interesting repaints.  I consider the Duros the most interesting of all the Cantina repaints, since he(she?) at least completes a Baniss Keeg/Ellors Madak pair (as seen on screen, more or less). 

Cantina Encounter was much more lame, and keeps getting lamer.  The dirty Sandtroopers are already less compelling with the Dewback set coming later this year.  Dirty R2, silver-leg C3PO, and Blue Snaggletooth are all interesting in their own ways - but this is mostly a tough decision for a really cool Wuher.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 10:46 AM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 15, 2008, 08:01 PM »
I would agree with that post 100%- Wuher and blue snaggy are the only reasons to buy that set. The band set with the sound is great- and it is such a nicely done package to leave them in and still be aboe to do the sound/light effect. I bought an extra on clearance just in case my sound effect box gives out some day.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 16, 2008, 08:38 AM »
Well, BBTS has some of their stuff on 15% "clearance" this week, so I ordered the Band set for $19 and change.  It will bug me not having the Wuher, but maybe sometime down the road I can grab the other set (or he'll be re-released).

Also, as a side note, I noticed yesterday that our Wal-Mart also has the Falcon sets in the clearance aisle.  Ours are currently priced at $25 (down from $35), but that's the quickest I've seen something Star Wars hit the clearance aisle at WM.  Usually they let things collect dust for a couple of years first.  I guess these do take up a lot of room though.  I'm kind of surprised more people didn't pick them up, but maybe everyone has a Falcon already.  A holiday release might have worked better with parents too.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 29, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Random question:   What do you guys do with the "soft goods" capes on your Darth Vaders?  For no good reason, all 37 (or whatever it is) of ours still have that stitch that keeps the capes folded over on themselves.  I think they look cool enough both ways (I like the way the still-stitched ones can appear to "blow" out behind him), but every now and then I think about the weird decision these present.  Most pictures I see are also still stitched, but my instincts suggest you're probably "supposed" to snip them open at some point. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 10:50 AM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 1, 2008, 02:52 AM »
I found the following sets at Target during lunch today:

Aayla Secura & Commander Bly
Ki-Adi-Mundi & Commander Bacara
Saesee Tiin & Agen Kolar
Commander Gree & Tarfful
Luke Skywalker with Yoda & Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 1, 2008, 10:42 AM »

This is old - correct?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 1, 2008, 10:57 AM »

This is old - correct?

Yup, I was missing this set from the previous wave.  I was having a tough time finding it, but it was found at last.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 1, 2008, 02:53 PM »
While out looking for Indy stuff today, I stopped at WM and they had the newest wave of GH there as well (the Jedi/Clones wave).  I was able to grab the Gree/Wookiee set I had missed earlier - so if you're on the lookout for these, WM may have them.

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 1, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Just wondering if anybody has an extra Jabba's Palace and/or Death Star Assault Target Exclusives?  These are the only 2 Cinema Scenes I'm missing.  I didn't find them anywhere this winter. 

Please send me a PM if you can help me out.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Has anyone seen this Galactic Heroes wave yet?
« Reply #911 on: May 7, 2008, 04:52 PM »
I haven't seen it, nor heard of anyone finding it either.

If it's not out now or has not been out, does anyone know when it will be out??

This is the wave I'm talking about:

Wave 16: REVENGE OF THE SITH
  Aayla Secura & Commander Bly
  Ki-Adi-Mundi & Commander Bacara
  Saesee Tiin & Agen Kolar
  Commander Gree & Tarfful
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Has anyone seen this Galactic Heroes wave yet?
« Reply #912 on: May 7, 2008, 04:58 PM »
Yep, here  ;)
« Last Edit: May 7, 2008, 05:15 PM by Jeff »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #913 on: May 7, 2008, 05:18 PM »

It's been out at various small stores (online and brick & mortar shops) since late March, but only recently began showing up at Target/Wal-Mart (see the posts at the top of this page).
« Last Edit: May 7, 2008, 05:19 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 7, 2008, 05:57 PM »

It's been out at various small stores (online and brick & mortar shops) since late March, but only recently began showing up at Target/Wal-Mart (see the posts at the top of this page).

Thanks.

With the lack of other SW product, I was beginning to think I missed this wave entirely.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010