Author Topic: NHL 2011-2012 Regular Season  (Read 28689 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NHL 2011-2012 Regular Season
« Reply #45 on: March 4, 2012, 12:10 AM »
It really is going to be quite the exciting month or so for the rest of the season. I really hope my Avs can keep up the momentum they have going and take a playoff spot. They may be the youngest team in the NHL right now, but with the talent they have, they need to find away to get past that and make the playoffs.

Man those last two games sure hurt... Especially getting shut out by Columbus at home. That sucked. >:(
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: March 6, 2012, 11:48 PM »
Man those last two games sure hurt... Especially getting shut out by Columbus at home. That sucked. >:(

Well, at least you got to kick the crap out of us for two games in a row...  7-1?  We suck.  >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: March 7, 2012, 12:03 AM »
It's sad how much the Northwest has dropped off as a Division over the last few years. Vancouver hasn't had much real competition late in the season for the division title for a few years.

I still think the Avs can make a run for the playoffs this year. They did certainly make it a lot harder on themselves with that loss to Columbus though. If they miss the playoffs by a point or two, that will be the game that lost it for them.
"This is the way."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2012, 10:52 PM »
Let's have Mr. Crosby stay healthy please. 

And Go Jets Go.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2012, 11:12 PM »
Let's have Mr. Crosby stay healthy please. 

And Go Jets Go.

For real!  I could make a push at 2nd or maybe even 1st place here if I can get strong play out of that guy.

Of course, I didn't know he was going to suit up tonight.  That's the second time that's happened this year, last time he scored 6.5 points, and 2.5 tonight.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2012, 06:35 PM »
It'd be nice...  Strong game last night, and 3 lines of terror. :)  Fun to watch.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2012, 08:26 PM »
I almost went to that Rangers/'guins game, but my brother decided to see the Hurricanes instead (cheaper). I know we both were leaning towards this game because of the Pittsburg's history, but at least we saw a win.  ;) My 3 year-old daughter enjoyed going, too, and talked all about the hockey game, though she wanted to go home part way into the 3 period. I was trying to get her to hold out, but she had school the next morning and the Rangers had just scored an insurance goal with about 5 to go, so I figured we'd go and someday she'll be old enough to be psyched to sit through a whole game...

of course, by that time we'll be back in Minnesota.  :P

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2012, 05:38 PM »
Radulov potentially making his debut against the Pens and his home debut against the Jets. Made me think of Jesse and the old man.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2012, 06:15 PM »
Who the **** is this guy?  ???

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 11:46 PM »
Radulov or jjks? :)

Cuz that jjks guy looks like a chubby kid with ADHD.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 12:11 AM »
Bloodbath in Chicago between the Blackhawks and Canucks.  Daniel Sedin was knocked out of the first by Duncan Keith which led to about ten different fights throughout the first and second periods.  Ultimately the Hawks won in OT, but that was a brutal game.

Can't wait to see these guys meet up again in the playoffs >:D!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 05:41 PM »
Who the **** is this guy?  ???

You'll get me for 9 games + the playoffs. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2012, 10:39 AM »
I've seen enough from my Wild so far this year that I'm now expecting a 7-8 seed in the West and not just "at least we were better than last year".

*sigh*

Another shut-out loss over the weekend mathematically eliminated us from the playoffs.  And, I'm pretty sure we're not even going to be able to swing that "better than last year" part.   :'(

At this point though, with the second half of our season being pretty much an injury-ridden train wreck, I'll be more than happy to see them continue to tank out the rest of the year and increase the odds at the #1 pick this Summer.   :P

You'll get me for 9 games + the playoffs. 

Can I join your Smashville bandwagon? 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2012, 11:49 AM »
I've guess moving to NY and adopting the Rangers as my team is a good move. One nice thing about NY is that  every night is hockey night... either the Rangers, Islanders or the Devils are playing.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 4, 2012, 07:39 AM »
freakin Stars.  Oh well. The Stanley Cup is still fun to watch without my favorite team.

I haven't seen much of the eastern Conference, so I don't know who will be cursed with my support. 

I know my wife will be wearing her Blues jersey every night they are on so I am probably stuck supporting them. 

I don't think the Stars had much of a chance anyway.  All their goals seem so accidental, not just pure scoring chances. The goalie is pretty solid but he has very little in front of him.