Author Topic: Lucas to attend CIII  (Read 10949 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Lucas to attend CIII
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 09:51 AM »
Oh boy!

Lucas will start early on Saturday, with the first of three half-hour sessions starting at 8:45 a.m. He'll answer questions about creating the Star Wars saga, in particular his experiences making Revenge of the Sith. Rick McCallum, producer of the Star Wars prequels, will join Lucas on the Sagamore Ballroom stage with host Jay Laga'aia. Audience members will have a chance to ask their own questions.

Stage Times:
8:45 -- 9:15 a.m.
9:35 -- 10:05 a.m.
10:25 -- 10:55 a.m.
Sagamore Ballroom, 2nd floor
All shows will seat from the north doors and exit from the east doors. The audience will exit at the end of each show. The Sagamore Ballroom seats approximately 3,300 people.

Seating System

There are both Fan Club and non-Fan Club lines outside the Convention Center. The Fan Club entrance heads west down Maryland St., starting under the Marriott hotel skyway. The non-Fan Club line will run east from the Maryland St. lobby east entrance, and wrap south down Capitol Ave.

Seating for the 8:45 show will start at 8 a.m.

Approximately 70% of the first-show seating will be from the Fan Club line, and 30% from the non-member line. To sign up for the Fan Club, visit the Hyperspace/Insider booth in the Registration area before Saturday.

Show management plans to count and identify people with a visible marker between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. Be sure to be in the line at that time. If you miss the count you will not have another opportunity to get an identification marker. There will be no holding places for others in line.

If you do not have the provided identification you will not be allowed on the second floor until after the final show has been seated, or at about 10:30 a.m.

You must have a valid Celebration III badge, which you should obtain before Saturday. It is doubtful that people will be able to purchase a badge Saturday morning in time to get in line for one of the shows.

Once all are seated for the first show, queuing will start for the second show.

Approximately 70% of the seating for the second show will come from the Fan Club line, and 30% from the non-member line.

2nd show guests who have received an identification marker will then enter the building, go upstairs, and into the queue on the second floor.

Third show guests will be given identification markers: 30% from the Fan Club line and 70% from the non-member line.

Doors will open to all Fan Club members for early entry to the rest of Celebration III at 9 a.m.

At approximately 9:25 a.m. those Fan Club members with identification markers will be allowed upstairs to queue.

At about 9:30 a.m., those in the non-member line with identification markers will be allowed into the Convention Center, and should proceed up the stairs to the queue for the third and final show. The doors will open to the rest of the non-member line at the normal time of 10 a.m.

The R2-D2 Builders' Room and Star Wars in Pop Culture, both on the second floor, will open at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 23.

Times or schedules may change. Please check the onsite schedule and the screens at the Information Booth to confirm the exact time, date, and location of George Lucas' appearances at Celebration III.

OK, so can I use one of my Family Passes to get into this event early with the group that are Fan Club members?  :-\

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 10:26 AM »

OK, so can I use one of my Family Passes to get into this event early with the group that are Fan Club members?  :-\
Okay, now according to the guidelines of the Friends and Family passes from the other post, if you get in early on the F/F pass during Fan Club only hours, then you can go ANYWHERE during that time, no problem.  Being that Fan Club hours on Saturday are 9-10 AM and the first show starts at 8:45 and the second at 9:35, by their rules that means you just need one F/F pass to get in w/ the Fan Club early, and not another for the show.  Now, they may completely change the rules on this, but I think you'd be ok on just the one pass if you get there early enough.
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 11:01 AM »
Thanks Shannon, hopefully it will all turn out for the good. I would really like to see him, yeah, me and a few thousand more.  :-\

Gotta sleep sometime at C3, then again...  ;D

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 02:27 PM »
Good lord. I wonder how early people are going to get in line. This could be very interesting.
Got Clones?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 02:30 PM »
Very early I would say. They may have already started!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 02:51 PM »
Why so damned early and why so damned short?  Ugh.

Gonna be a nightmare getting in there.  I was actually figuring he'd be at the opening ceremony instead, but I'm almost glad he's not, since that would make it even tougher to get into...

I'll probably give it a shot, and try to catch him, but honestly, it won't be the end of the world if I don't see him.  I have a hard enough time trying to digest McCallum's lame excuses for all sorts of Star Wars nonsense...  ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 02:51 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 04:24 PM »
Good lord. I wonder how early people are going to get in line. This could be very interesting.

Yeah, I'm alrady hearing about people planning to camp out that night...  :o

I'll probably give it a shot, and try to catch him, but honestly, it won't be the end of the world if I don't see him.  I have a hard enough time trying to digest McCallum's lame excuses for all sorts of Star Wars nonsense...  ;)

Here, I'll give you all the questions he's going to get:

Fanboy: "Episodes 7-9?  blah blah blah?"
Lucas: "No."

Fanboy: "SW on TV?"
Lucas: "Wait and See."

Fanboy: "WTF was up with JarJar?"
Lucas: *shrug*

Fanboy: "WTF?  Greedo shot first? No way!"
Lucas: "This was how I always wanted it"

McCallum: "Thanks for all your questions, but we're out of time!  Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out and don't forget to buy more stuff!"

There, now you can just pretend like you were there!   :P

I'm with you though - if I make it in there, fine.  If not, that's fine too.  After all, I'm a SW fan, not a George Lucas fan.  I respect him and everything for giving us SW, but that's about all the further it goes... I honestly don't know what I'd say if I got to meet him...

Jeff: "Um, do you like remember when you wrote SW?"
Lucas: "Yes."

*creepy silence*

Jeff: "Yeah, uh Star Wars is Cool."
Lucas: "Yeah."

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 08:46 PM »
LOL!  That is about it. 

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2005, 10:17 PM »
I wonder if you have to accompany the person who has the FF passes wherever they are going in... I don't think it states that...
You are starting to damage my calm.