Author Topic: Recarded rehashes up the ying yang!  (Read 40034 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Recarded rehashes up the ying yang!
« Reply #15 on: May 2, 2004, 12:57 PM »
I posted this in the vechiles section but it fits here also. Based on Hasbro's April 28 2004 press release:

In terms of distribution, we expect the line to be carried by all major toy retailers.  While we do not disclose production quantities, we caution fans against Internet rumors. We will ship these figures in multiple ratios to try and ensure that the most popular figures are available throughout the Fall.  

I will say that the 7 new figures in the OTC will be harder to find then the peg warmers, I mean repacks. Expect the pegs from August til January to be filled with these OTC repacks. It is an easy way for Hasbro to put product out and not make an investment in a line with a movie coming out. This allows the marketing and distro $ to be spent on Ep. III.  Well, I'll be saving ALOT of money and time since I am not a completist and I am an opener!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 9, 2004, 09:08 PM »
Slave Leia. Yes! I fondly remember when that was THE figure to have. She will be welcome in the OTC line.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 02:21 PM »
A little birdy let me in on some info the following may be rereleased later this year...

IG-88
Bossk
Tusken Raider
Jawas
Snowtrooper

Stay tuned :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2004, 03:25 PM »
I would guess Bossk would be the latest Saga version, IG-88 was sort of short run during POTJ and gets him on the pegs, the rest are pretty much iconic parts of the OT so they all make sense

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2004, 07:27 PM »
I wonder what Jawas they will use.  One should be the Ronto version, I always liked him.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2004, 09:29 AM »
According to This Story over at TheJawa.com, there might be a few more figures coming to the OTC later this year.  Still just rumors, but I'm guessing that these are repacks as well, at least for the most part.  There is mention of an "ultimate" dark lord for figure #500.  Otherwise, figures mentioned are:

AT-AT Driver
Death Star Gunner
4-LOM
Zuckuss

I wouldn't mind some of these, I personally don't have a modern 4-LOM or Zuckuss in my collection, and wouldn't mind adding them to get the full bounty hunter lineup.  And, from what I understand, even if these were repacks, the POTF2 versions weren't too bad were they?  Anyways, more rumors...hopefully we'll get further confirmation on all of these sometime soon.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2004, 10:43 AM »
Fer cryin' out loud!

Everyday, it's more rumors about who is being recarded.  At this rate at least one of every figure incarnation will be recarded for OTC.

Back when it was just 20 figures (7 new, 13 re-packs) I was thinking about buying 1 of every figure to keep carded because I like the look of them.

Now, however, that we are approaching 42 figures (7 new, 35 repacks) I am starting to reconsider my plan.  My budget can absorb $65 for 13 recarded figures, but now we're up to $175 worth of repacks to "collect em all".

Dang... I was looking forward to the OTC, but now it looks more and more like a bad idea.  Maybe I'll just buy an OTC Vader and keep him carded?

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2004, 07:24 PM »
Well...looks like a lot of us will be saving a lot of money

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/05/news20040512_3.html

And it also looks like my source was right on the money :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2004, 09:22 PM »
Whew.

Now that it's been reported by an OFFICIAL site, I can believe it.

To think, I almost believed it when I read it here  ;)

I still don't see Imp Scanning Trooper on that list though.

And, if Hoth Vader is #29 and Throne Vader is #10, which Vader is #34?

And isn't THREE vaders out of 37 figures kind of excessive?!?

I was SO excited back in February, but lately OTC is really starting to let me down... :(

Jeff

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2004, 09:50 PM »
This is rather aggravating.  I suppose I understand the point in flooding the market with the figures, but couldn't they have done a nice even split of 50-50 new and rehased figures?  Oh, wait, this is Hasbro.  Never mind ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2004, 10:44 PM »
Whew.

Now that it's been reported by an OFFICIAL site, I can believe it.
Why you son of a JDCTTRAA!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2004, 11:00 PM »
Oh, the money I'll save!   ;D

And just "Jawa?"  Just one?  Sigh.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2004, 01:04 AM »
Some of the figures listed look like bad ideas, but there's several that seem promising as re-releases, like Tusken Raiders (hopefully the Saga '03 Tusken) and Jawas, as well as those figures being re-released from the end of the Saga line this year. Did anyone else that the Biker Scout is listed twice? Perhaps the clean and dirty versions are being re-released seperately?

OCB, congrats on once again proving wrong those who tend to keep their feet in their mouths
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2004, 09:31 AM »
Nice to see some news come from Hasbro on the OTC line.  I'm kind of torn on the OTC.  Sure, I have many (most) of the figures already, but part of me wants to buy them for the new cardbacks (as silly as that sounds to some).  And, I'm a loose collector, so it seems even stranger.  On the other side of things, if I could avoid them I'd save a lot of money.

As for the collection itself, I am glad to see some of the re-releases because I either missed them the first time, or they are at the tail end of the Saga line and I haven't found them yet (Star Destroyer/Endor figures).  I guess, if I really looked at it with an open mind....it is a pretty good collection of characters/figures for someone who is just starting into the world of Star Wars collecting.  I'll pick up the actual "new" figures, as well as others I missed along the way (Slave Leia, Bib Fortuna, and others listed earlier).  Curious about the double Scout Troopers, and the Vaders (Hoth one and which one #34 is...probably the Hall of Fame one).

So is everyone passing on these (at least the re-hashes), or do the spiffy cardbacks tempt you in the slightest?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2004, 10:03 AM »
So is everyone passing on these (at least the re-hashes), or do the spiffy cardbacks tempt you in the slightest?

As I said earlier, when it was just 21 figures I was going to pick them up to keep carded.  I find the cardbacks very cool.  However, now that we are at 38 confirmed figures and another 6 rumored, that's 23 more than I orginally thought we'd see (and they're all repacks) for OTC, and that's probably too many figures for me to justify buying more figures just to leave carded.

Oh, and rounding up a few straggling rumors, the following figures are not on the list:

Confirmed (via Hasbro and SW.com):
OTC-xx Imperial Scanning Crewman (A New Hope)

Rumored to be part of OTC:
OTC-xx Gamorrean Guard (Return of the Jedi) - [from GH.com]
OTC-xx General Veers (The Empire Strikes Back) - [from GH.com]
OTC-xx 4-LOM (The Empire Strikes Back) - [from thejawa.com]
OTC-xx AT-AT Driver (The Empire Strikes Back) - [from thejawa.com]
OTC-xx Death Star Gunner (A New Hope) - [from thejawa.com]
OTC-xx Zuckuss (The Empire Strikes Back) - [from thejawa.com]

So, the "Official" Total for OTC is 38 figure (7 new, 31 re-packs) with Fan Sites reporting another 6 repacks.

07/44 = 16% new
37/44 = 84% repacks

Of those 44:
4x Luke (Probably will add Hoth Luke too before too long)
3x Vader (at least Luke has different outfits)
3x Leia (wow, that's a lot of Leia for 6-month span)
2x Han (Where's Bespin Han?  Or Hoth Han?))

But why two Biker Scout?  As CorranHorn pointed out, he's on the list twice (#11 and #30).  Clean and Dirty?  Or PotJ and PotF2?  Or typo?  Hmmm...

Not a heck of a way to finish up a "collector" (aka non-movie) year.  We sure got a heck of a lot more new figures from the OT during the PotJ run in 2001 (pre Ep2).

Jeff