Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 337579 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #405 on: February 5, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Yeah, that's a good way to put it ruiner.  I mean, it fit in because the actors were the same, but at the same time it almost didn't seem like the same franchise in some ways.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 5, 2007, 01:16 PM »
CGI for the sake of CGI?  CGI to compensate for plot/storyline/acting?  I can't think of any story arcs where that has happened recently.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 11, 2007, 01:41 AM »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 11, 2007, 02:50 AM »
 :o

I don't know how I feel about that, but I know how I feel about Eva's Maxim magazine cover!  :o

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 11, 2007, 12:22 PM »
DC does seem to be lagging behind Marvel in the movie department, with just Batman and Superman so far, and it seems like they have a lot of characters with the potential to have nice movies (Flash, WW, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman, etc.)

I remember reading somewhere that DC's strategy was to make one well-done film a year rather than making several films a year and "seeing what sticks" as Marvel has done. It's actually a great idea, IMO, as I'd rather have the DC heroes (whom I've always liked better) all get good movies and not end up like Hulk or Daredevil.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 11, 2007, 07:13 PM »
Tim Burton's Batman Returns was on Turner Classic Movies last night. It had, literally, been years since I had seen it, so rediscovering that gem was rather enjoyable. I especially appreciated DeVito's The Penguin, not just because it was well done, but also because of the visual throwbacks to The Cabinet of Dr Caligari (which, actually, I'm none too fond of. However, respect must be payed to the essential classics, so).

After reading up on the film today, I learned that the franchise was turned over to the ******bag Joel Schumacher after some bad press. Which, actually, made me again realize how very much I hate JS. He is to celluloid as Cancer is to the Immune System. I'll admit Batman Forever wasn't too bad, but duuuuuuude- "Batman on Ice" was bad, man. I can remember that even from seeing it in theatres way back in '97! That's not even to make mention of what he did to The Phantom of the Opera, though that could be blamed more on some über-poor casting choices (Gerard Butler?  :-X), maybe.

(// end rant)

Anyway, yeah. Really enjoyed Batman Returns, if you've not seen it in a while, it's worth another view.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 11, 2007, 10:32 PM »
I didn't like Batman Returns, so much, once I realize that that fellow he set ablaze using his afterburner would not live after that.

Kevin

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 18, 2007, 04:12 AM »
I went to see Ghost Rider with my mom last night and we both really liked it.

DS

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 18, 2007, 01:28 PM »
... and it seems like they have a lot of characters with the potential to have nice movies (Flash, WW, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman, etc.)

I saw somewhere that James Cameron was going to direct Aquaman for Warner Brothers starring Vincent Chase (he was in Head On with Jessica Alba and Queens Boulevard) and Mandy Moore (A Walk to Remember).
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 23, 2007, 09:16 AM »
It is still quite early, but it sounds like Warner Brothers is in the preliminary process of developing a Justice League movie.  No details or anything like that, but if they could pull it off - and pull it off well - and somehow be able to use the same actors from the individual movies (if budget would allow), I think that would be something pretty amazing to see on screen, especially if all the "big names" from the team were involved.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 26, 2007, 11:59 PM »

Sweet! 8)

Kevin

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 27, 2007, 09:19 AM »
I was kind of surprised while watching Heroes last night to see a TV spot for F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer.  If you missed it, you can view it HERE.  Although the first F4 movie may have been a bit uneven, I've got high hopes for this one - hopefully it will come through.  The Surfer does look pretty cool.

Edit: Another (slightly different) version of the tv spot HERE.  Apparently there were different versions with Heroes and 24 last night.  This is actually the one I saw last night, but they are pretty similar.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 10:50 AM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Its is being reported that New Line studios is wanting to get started on a Captain Marvel movie, and that they would like Jake Gyllenhaal to play the lead character.  According to the info, they're ready to spend $200 million to get the project going, and hope for it to be a franchise on the level of Superman or Batman.  A little more info at the linky.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 12, 2007, 09:33 AM »
The first pic of Iron Man's "origin" armor has show up online.  Click the linky to have a look.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #419 on: April 12, 2007, 10:23 AM »
The armor looks pretty cool. I cannot wait for Silver Surfer. It looks like it is going to be really good.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"