Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 75235 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Master Replicas, mini sabers
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Where you been, Jason?  They announced that thing over a month ago.  Pay attention!   :P

(or just scroll up several posts)

I'm passing on that one, 'cause I'm not biting on all the gold, silver, brushed chrome bull**** with this line.  I'm already in with these bogus type of rehashes with the Gentle Giant busts and Bust-Ups, along with all the Hasbro crap of course.  But I'm refraining from "non-movie" type of mini sabers, except if they're the "weathered" or "AFBB" versions, which I'm cool with...

So that's one line I think I won't have to bother with (unless someone else needs one, in which case I might do it if the line isn't too bad).

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2005, 08:23 PM »
You're right Matt, they had announced that.  Brain fart.   ::)  I may grab one and just keep it sealed.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #197 on: April 5, 2005, 04:11 PM »
Anyone seen the Best Buy exclusive smoked chrome Sidious saber yet?  Trying to nab one for a friend, and wasn't sure if they'd hit quite yet...  So LMK if anyone's seen it yet!  :-*

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 5, 2005, 05:20 PM »
I'd like to find the regular ROTS mini sabers at Best Buy - save some $$ on shipping.

What other brick and mortar outlets carry these?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #199 on: April 5, 2005, 05:52 PM »
I think Best Buy's only carrying the exclusive one, and not any others.  As far as I know, there's really no "retail" type of stores that carry these, but WM.com does, which obviously doesn't help you with the shipping issue though.  I think they're usually just found online, or in specialty/novelty/comic/collectible type of shops for the most part.  I think places like Suncoast were carrying them too.  Maybe Jason or some other folks could chime in with some other suggestions though...

Do you have the first couple series of these as well, Travis - or are you just getting started on them?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 5, 2005, 06:13 PM »
According to someone who works at Best Buy, they are suppose to be handling the three new mini sabers, their exclusive Sidious saber and the f/x sabers.  I know that Media Play and some other chains carry the mini's off and on.  I also know that Wal-mart and Target had them at one time (on-line).  Meijers brick-n-mortar stores also carried the f/x last year. 

So, if you have those electronic/dvd/music stores in your local mall, it's worth a shot to see if they carry them. 

PS:  While I am on the subject, I have no Best Buy in the U.P. of Michigan so if anyone stumbles across one, please let me know!! 
« Last Edit: April 5, 2005, 06:17 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 5, 2005, 11:00 PM »
So Best Buy has MRs now?  Which ones are they carrying so I can hit up a couple tomorrow?

Offline Blue_Harvester

• Jedi Initiate
  • Great Googly-Moogly
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 6, 2005, 12:10 PM »
Chatted-up the local BEST-BUY manager.  I got him to look up in his computer
the SKU and UPC..  So here goes...(drum roll please...)

Item: 7015945
UPC:  836453001994
$34.99

None of the stores in my area are listed to ever receive any of these.  *BUT* when
my guy read this.. he really got irate (cuz he says *he* wants one for himself).
He said he'd try and do something about that. 

BTW, he *was* able to do a bunch of lookups in other stores, and he found that
a ton of BestBuys out in CA are slated to receive them (although only a few had
actually gotten them in as of yesterday).

Only time will tell if these pup ever make it east of the Mississippi.

-FYI
-BH
« Last Edit: April 6, 2005, 12:11 PM by Blue_Harvester »
Han shot FIRST. Luke threw TWICE. And it was THX-1138 who wasn't at his post on the big screen back in '77. And I first learned that Vader was Luke's dad in the cinemas at the Tampa Bay Mall in 1980.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 6, 2005, 05:34 PM »
OK, so which sabers are Best Buy's slated to get?  I will start hitting up the local ones by me here in So Cal before I head out to Nashville on the 19th.  Just let me know what's out and who's after what.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 6, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Best Buy is "suppose" to get the follow:

Exclusvie Darth Sidious mini "smoked" saber
Ep. III - Obi-Wan Kenobi - mini
Ep. III - Anakin Skywalker - mini
Ep. III - Darth Sidious mini

and a few of the new f/x sabers. 

The three mini sabers listed are available online at Master Replica and a host of other dealers.  It's the exclusive one that everyone is clamering (sp?) for.

I guess I'll have to see what hit's in CA.  I'd like the "smoked" Sidious saber so if you find one, let me know :).
Beth

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 6, 2005, 05:50 PM »
Thanks jade.  I'm holding off on all the reg. minis cause I want to get the trio set w/ display.  I did that for the 1st Jedi and Sith sets as well.  I'll grab myself a "smoked" Sidious if it's gonna be a tough find, which it probably will be.  If I see 2 I'll grab ya one. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #206 on: April 6, 2005, 06:53 PM »
I think Philip and the MR rep said a while back over at RS that these weren't going to be offered in a trio set this time 'round, so we might as well start grabbing them individually.  I had asked the MR rep that exact same question Jason (worth waiting for a trio set?), and I'm pretty sure that was her response, IIRC.

That sound about right, Beth?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 6, 2005, 07:03 PM »
That sound about right, Beth?

That's right, Matt.  MR has stated that again just recently over in the prop thread at RS.  They will have a case for the mini's but it won't be free when you buy the set of three this time.
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #208 on: April 6, 2005, 07:10 PM »
Yeah, that's what I thought I remembered.  But the question still stands: Will they actually be selling them as a set of three - even if it's without the case?  I guess it doesn't much matter really, but I was just curious.  You'd still save on shipping a little if you bought all three at once, I suppose...

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 6, 2005, 07:34 PM »
SOB!  Why would they not sell them like that?  Did they see how popular the cases were and want to get more money out of people or what?  That's lame.  Well, I'll just grab whatever minis I find then.  Considering the Dooku and Vader look like rehashes, maybe it's gonna be easier this way.  Has anyone heard if the Vader and Dooku are different in anyway?