Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199543 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1620 on: November 20, 2008, 11:07 AM »
Can anyone tell me if the final piece to the MASS device (set 5) being released at retail?  Or is it an internet exclusive?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1621 on: November 20, 2008, 12:54 PM »
It will be at Retail.  It just seems that most of those are online earlier this time around.

I got mine one about a month ago online, and have not even seen #3 and #4 in stores yet.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1622 on: November 20, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Thanks Paul.  :)

I got lucky and found #3 and #4 last week, but wasn't sure what was going on with this set.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1623 on: November 21, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Picked up the Cobra Commander/Tripwire comic pack yesterday, as one Walmart in my area has their everday price on the comic packs at $7.00.  Tripwire is a pretty nifty figure.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1624 on: November 21, 2008, 01:19 PM »
Best of 80's in stock

...with 12/15 shipping date.  I have a $5 off thingy they sent me with my last order so I'm going that route once I get home.  Free Cobra magnet - here I come!   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1625 on: November 21, 2008, 02:02 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!  That link wasn't working for me, but this one is -

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&ID=23127

Note - says it will begin shipping around 12/15.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:03 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1626 on: November 23, 2008, 01:01 AM »
Picked up the Cobra Commander/Tripwire comic pack yesterday, as one Walmart in my area has their everday price on the comic packs at $7.00.  Tripwire is a pretty nifty figure.

I just got that one too, and I agree on the Tripwire, who was a favorite of mine back in the day!  I must have lost those mines countless times.  This toy line keeps sucking me in though!  Have you guys seen the pics of the newest vehicles including the Cobra Stinger?  Damn!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1627 on: November 23, 2008, 04:54 PM »
Got around to checking out my new extreme condition figures today.  Nice sets and great value, but I NEVER even paid attention to the amount of used parts on figures until now.  Wow.  I am happy with them though.  Could have gone for a 7 pack of Snow Serpents and a 7 pack of Cobra troops from around the world, but they're very nice for what they are.  Tele-Viper & Scrap Iron rock!  His right eye is all white just like the comic pack version so it looks like he's taken those goggles off at the wrong time in some cases.   :D

Thanks Hasbro....and Paul!   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1628 on: November 24, 2008, 09:29 AM »
It looks like an ebay auction had a look at carded samples of Blowtorch and Torch.  The auction is ended, but you can still see the pics at the linky.  Blowtorch is one of the last figures I had as a kid that hasn't been made yet, so I hope to pick that one up eventually.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1629 on: November 24, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Blowtorch was one of my favorite Joes as a kid.  Glad we're getting him before the hiatus.   :)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1630 on: November 24, 2008, 12:36 PM »
Sweet, I loved Blowtorch.  Probably my favorite non-Snake Eyes Joe.  Anyone know when he'll be out?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1631 on: November 24, 2008, 08:16 PM »
BBTS says the Case of Wave 13 is due to ship this week...

When it hits retail, that is anyone's guess.

I just  saw the Wal Mart exclusive 12 in Vintage Joes and Accessory sets today.  If you get them, just like last years Adventure Team, CHECK the tape.

I almost ended up an Action Pilot with a missing blue hat.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1632 on: November 25, 2008, 09:58 AM »
I noticed our local Target(s) have the Joe UBP out on the shelves as well, and it does look pretty nice.  I won't be picking it up (not even sure I can afford the Sarlacc Pit now with the price hike), but I could see that being a lot of fun for a kiddo - and a good value for parents or collectors.  It was kind of surprising to see Joe get this UBP treatment, but quite cool.  It will be interesting to see how it does.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1633 on: November 25, 2008, 10:34 AM »
For anyone interested, the newer (newest?) wave of Joes (Trakker, Eel, etc.) are currently up for order at HTS, shipping in one business day.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1634 on: November 25, 2008, 10:54 AM »
On a lighter note, it's hard to argue with some of these:

The 20 Stupidest G.I. Joe Vehicles Ever.
"Really?  Sorry."