Author Topic: Haslab Classified Series 6" Dragonfly w/Wild Bill  (Read 593 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Haslab Classified Series 6" Dragonfly w/Wild Bill
« on: May 12, 2023, 01:21 PM »
The GI Joe team is once again showing why they are the best marketing team over at Hasbro.  I wish that the Star Wars team would go over there and get some pointers...

Instead of a generic "hey guys, we're doing a new HasLab sometime in the future but we can't tell you when!" like the SW team, the GI Joe team is using the Hasbro Pulse social channels to send out fun teasers for an upcoming 6" Joe HasLab project coming later this year along with updates on the HasLab HISS.

« Last Edit: June 5, 2023, 11:22 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Haslab Classified Series 6" Joe Item TBA
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 02:59 PM »
Something to counter the HISS?  Could be a VAMP or MOBAT...

I've kind of gotten into this line recently.  Wish some of those Target line figures weren't so expensive on the secondary market.  Maybe they need an Archive line?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 03:13 PM »

I'm guessing VAMP with some kind of trailer weapon in the tiers (like Classified versions of the MMS or HAL) to amp up the weaponry like they did for the HISS.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 07:52 PM »

I'm guessing VAMP with some kind of trailer weapon in the tiers (like Classified versions of the MMS or HAL) to amp up the weaponry like they did for the HISS.

Might be a way to get the "classic" version of Hawk out...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2023, 04:03 PM »
HasbroPulse Twitter:

#YoJoeJune is just getting started! Join Emily and Lenny as they takeover the #HasbroPulse YouTube for an explosive #GIJoe #Fanstream to kick-off the newest G.I. Joe Classified Series #Haslab on June 5th at 11:00am ET! You definitely don't want to miss this!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: June 5, 2023, 11:22 AM »
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-g-i-joe-assault-copter-dragonfly-xh-1

$275 G.I. Joe Classified Series Assault Copter "Dragonfly" (XH-1) with Wild Bill

Target 10k backers

Announced Tiers so far -
- 13,000 backers – NIGHT FORCE RIP CORD
- 16,000 backers - Figure TBA
- 19,000 backers - Figure TBA

Announced at 10am CT...
~3735 backers in the first hour
~50% backed in just a smidge over 2 hours
~67% backed in just under 5.25 hours
~100% backed around 12:20pm on 6/6 (about 26.3 hours)
« Last Edit: June 7, 2023, 08:55 AM by Jeff »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Haslab Classified Series 6" Dragonfly w/Wild Bill
« Reply #6 on: June 8, 2023, 06:57 AM »
I don't follow G.I. Joe since I was a kid.  Sold off my old stuff over a decade ago.  Is there a lot of 6" Joe stuff out there like Star Wars black series?  I was looking on Pulse yesterday for other stuff and saw this Haslab and saw it was already funded and about 1,500 away from stretch goal #1.  Had to come here to see when it had went up.  A bit shocked it had been up for around a day before hitting funding.  They are kicking Star Wars firmly in the ass.  While the Rancor may have not been the best choice for a 6" Haslab, I figured it would have gotten funded.  The Reva saber was just a stupid idea.

Why can't the Star Wars team actually offer what we want?  Between this one and the previous Jet, Joe fans are getting what they want.  I imagine a wish list item for them might be a new Flagg, which I bet would fund.  I just wonder if they could do it for the same price point as the Barge.  For the Star Wars fans it is pretty simple.  We want a Death Star or a Star Destroyer.  Just do it already.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 8, 2023, 07:48 AM »
Why can't the Star Wars team actually offer what we want? 

Some of it has to come down to the team (and maybe also because they own the property as well).  The GI Joe team has been dropping hints by having Storm Shadow infiltrate Hasbro HQ and discovering some plans that would counter their 6" HISS tank.  They made it a fun reveal.  For the Star Wars team, everything has to be shrouded in secrecy (despite Jayson already knowing about this for months in advance).  Can't get people hyped up about a Haslab.  The Star Wars team could drop hints as well by using a comic form or intercepted holographic message from R2 or Chopper.  Just do something, anything to your customers excited about your product.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 8, 2023, 09:09 AM »
Why can't the Star Wars team actually offer what we want?

Because they're morons?  Or was this question meant to be rhetorical?

They've just made some bad choices.  They could pick just about anything in the 3.75" scale, especially OT things, and it would fund immediately.  Look at the barge and Razor Crest.  Both funded very quickly with I think the Razor Crest funded in a day. 

Anything outside of 3.75" is a risky bet and you would need to do something spot on and not something that kinda weak and not providing value.  Reva's saber was just weak and the Rancor offered way too little value.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 8, 2023, 11:10 PM »
I find it interesting they did not do an early bird offer for this one. Maybe they are rethinking that in the wake of the Ghost Rider failure.

The Ghost is the only 3.75” HasLab I would ever be interested in, so hopefully they do a better job with that.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: June 9, 2023, 12:44 PM »
I find it interesting they did not do an early bird offer for this one. Maybe they are rethinking that in the wake of the Ghost Rider failure.

I guess after the HISS backed in the first day, they must have had confidence the early bird wasn't needed here.

It'll be interesting to see where this one ends up.  Just past 12k now after a little over 4 days.  It's not quite as "army builder" as the HISS, but should still do pretty well.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2023, 11:15 AM »
Took a while, but we've now passed the first unlock this morning (13,105 as of this post).

Second unlock, at 16k backers is helicopter pilot Glenda (based on one of the Argentina figures).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2023, 03:15 PM »
So close to hitting that 16k unlock with just over 5 days to go (sitting at 15721).

They revealed the 19k unlock - Night Force Crazy Legs.  19k sure feels doable with a big last minute FOMO push.  I wonder if Hasbro Pulse opening up shipping/HasLab to many more EU countries this week will help drive it past 19k...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2023, 09:33 PM »
Is anyone here backing the Dragonfly? I’d like to, even if it makes no sense for me (space danger), but with the HEAVY rumors of a TVC Ghost my extra monies will probably be going towards that instead, depending on price.

This really does look good though, and I loved the vintage toy. I know not everyone here collects Classified, but I’ve been fairly complete with one of each outside of some of the wacky repaints, and I’ll say this line has kind of been killing it for awhile now. Once they shifted out of what they were doing with the first couple waves, and started generally leaning more classic, it has been great. I just received Rock n’ Roll, Shipwreck, Torpedo, and Copperhead today…and they all look great.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2023, 09:32 AM »
So close to hitting that 16k unlock with just over 5 days to go (sitting at 15721).

They revealed the 19k unlock - Night Force Crazy Legs.  19k sure feels doable with a big last minute FOMO push.  I wonder if Hasbro Pulse opening up shipping/HasLab to many more EU countries this week will help drive it past 19k...

NF Crazy Legs unlocked - 19,778 with just over 14 hours to go. 

Happy for the 6" Classified collectors out there - always nice when these things fund with all the tiers unlocked.