Author Topic: 6" Black Series Sales and Discounts  (Read 39935 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 6" Black Series Sales and Discounts
« Reply #75 on: October 9, 2017, 05:57 PM »
Got the Centerpieces for $28 each, and so I'm set on those now.  They're selling out at $35 it seems, or at least Vader is.  Now that I have them, I don't look at the Vader set as nice for 4@ figures as I once felt it might be.  My gripes are the stylized design with parts of the wall missing and things.  Had at least the doorway been complete I'd have a better opinion there.

To me though I got it for its intended 6" scale purpose.  I plan to put 6" figures from the Bandai kits around it and use it as a (drum roll) centerpiece type thing since I don't really collect 6".

Now I opened Luke on the weekend and I gotta say this is 100% cooler for 4" figures.  To my eye, the foot is definitely scaled more to them.  Plus I was surprised to see two "snow piles" you snap on, but for seemingly two purposes.  One is small and the other is much larger with footprints in it.  The smaller one is great though if you're wanting to use 4" figures since it obviously eliminates the oversized footprints.

I'm much happier with the ATAT foot then.  Kinda unexpectedly so, as the Vader interested me more when these came out.

Vader is more the "centerpiece" to me though and iconic looking.  Luke is just meh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2017, 10:38 PM »
Target has a coupon for 25% off any one toy (excludes Lego of course)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2017, 09:01 AM »
One of the Walmarts here has their 6" SW figures marked down to $16.82. Had a few good ones but nothing I needed.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2017, 08:56 AM »
Gentlemen, start your internets!  :D

More toys will be sold today than any other day this year! (at least so far)

Let's post any and all awesome sale finds, flash sales, lightning deals, etc here throughout the day...

I know TRU.com has 15% off your entire order today, for starters.

Happy hunting!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2017, 09:18 AM »
Here's a good one: Amazon has their FO Stormtrooper exclusive for $24.49 today. Not too shabby!

Free shipping starts at $25.  :(

Their Guard exclusive is currently $23.07 but I am hoping that one goes lower as I need an extra.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:23 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2017, 10:24 AM »
Updated McMetal's post with some JD referral links. ;)  Thanks for your continued support of the site!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2017, 01:18 PM »
Target has some stuff on sale too looks like, saw a few Wave Two figures for like $16.49 I think? Plus you get 15% off your whole order on top of that.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2017, 06:35 PM »
Target has some stuff on sale too looks like, saw a few Wave Two figures for like $16.49 I think? Plus you get 15% off your whole order on top of that.

Target has 15% off now?   :o

Jeff - thanks for the post on the Amazon dealy.  Bought one!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2017, 12:07 AM »
Also of note, I noticed tonight that Target FINALLY marked down that Death Trooper/Cassian/Jyn 3 pack to $35.99... this is the first discount I've seen on it in a year when I snagged it for $54.99.

I'm not sure how long this discount will last, but considering my Target has 15 of those packs, they might need to lower the price even more.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2017, 06:30 AM »
Also of note, I noticed tonight that Target FINALLY marked down that Death Trooper/Cassian/Jyn 3 pack to $35.99... this is the first discount I've seen on it in a year when I snagged it for $54.99.

I'm not sure how long this discount will last, but considering my Target has 15 of those packs, they might need to lower the price even more.

Targets in Minneapolis have had that on "Temporary Price Reduction" for about a month now.  $35 is a great deal, but they should have knocked the price down a lot sooner.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2017, 10:02 AM »
Updated McMetal's post with some JD referral links. ;)  Thanks for your continued support of the site!

Thanks!  I bought another of the Deluxe FO Stormtroopers last night via the referral link.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2017, 03:49 PM »

Thanks!  I bought another of the Deluxe FO Stormtroopers last night via the referral link.

Good thing you did, it is now listed at $52.49 - way above the original price. Seems like Amazon uses scalper algorithms when stock gets low on a fast selling item...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #88 on: December 2, 2017, 02:11 PM »
Black Series figure, speeders, and Centerpiece sets are 30% off at Barnes & Noble. Didn't see how long the sale was. Grabbed a Snowtrooper for $13.50 with the extra 10% member discount.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2017, 12:17 PM »
 6" Amazon exclusive Praetorian is on sale for 17.24$ for 17 more hours.

Jeff, add JD link please. ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:55 PM by Jeff »