Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199237 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #945 on: March 31, 2008, 11:07 AM »
So Major Bludd is the last to come with the foil packaging?  The white is kinda cool, but I'd rather have everything uniform looking.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #946 on: March 31, 2008, 12:01 PM »
That Snake Eyes looks AWESOME.  Count me in for that, no way could I ever pass on it.

Roadblock looks great too.

Damn, I hate this line because I love it so much!  Does that even make sense?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #947 on: April 1, 2008, 09:58 PM »
Major Bludd and Snake Eyes look awesome. I'm no longer collecting this line, but I do enjoy looking at the pictures and picking stuff up for Raleigh collectors.

Oh, this might be bad news... my local Wal-Mart raised prices to $6.92. Ouch. That's more than a Star Wars figure. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #948 on: April 2, 2008, 03:06 PM »
Saw the new 3-pks at TRU today, but had the willpower to pass!  They looked pretty decent, but the only one I'm interested in is the Joe one.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #949 on: April 2, 2008, 03:13 PM »
Saw the new 3-pks at TRU today, but had the willpower to pass!  They looked pretty decent, but the only one I'm interested in is the Joe one.

Are these the sets with the pieces to form those machine thingies??
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #950 on: April 2, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I don't think they come with a piece to anything... I'm pretty sure the pieces to the Mass Device are going to come with some DVDs of the cartoon?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #951 on: April 2, 2008, 04:00 PM »
FYI - Target did have the 3 new Joe vehicles in the back today, which they were going to pull for me until I was thwarted by an old handbag and a lying sow. I finally experienced what so many other members have in regards to Target's underlings treating us like crap. >:(

Some old whore who worked there(non-management) saw me use the scanner to check for the exclusive items. She stopped the reluctant girl that was going to help me and get the stuff. The crone whispered some sweet nothings into that liar's ear.  I had a bad feeling because I was able to pick up what she told the reluctant girl to do - not get it for me and that others have asked about them. >:( >:( The girl went into the back to pretend to look. I followed her and watched her. Seeing through the back room door windows I could see her leaning against the wall to wait and pretend that she looked. She then came out and gave me 2 straight out lies that contradicted what she was saying and actually did. This fat sow lied to me straight face and gave me run around excuses that oozed from her bloated face. >:( >:( >:( She could have told me the truth, I would have at least referred to her as a subhuman and not an animal but I digress. I find it insane that I am not allowed to spend my money, If I had more time I would have went around her to customer service but my lunch break was over.

I was so pissed that these pathetic low paid underlings denied my business. I am sick of dealing/competing with the Hot Wheels losers who are buying the exclusives. I already had to deal with that yesterday as one of them leeched of my DCPI work. I will return later tonight and get the **** from some other underling who is not easily influenced by old bags.

So start checking your local Targets but avoid the employes that give you a bad vibe.

« Last Edit: April 2, 2008, 04:01 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #952 on: April 2, 2008, 04:06 PM »
I usually go to the front service desk when there's a kid working - in the evenings.  Never had any problems then, but in the days I already know what their answer will be.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #953 on: April 2, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Ya, if I get denied at the customer service desk then I'll just go find some teenager to help me.  I think it's funny that most of the DCPI scanners are disabled in and around the toy sections at a few of my Targets.

I don't think they come with a piece to anything... I'm pretty sure the pieces to the Mass Device are going to come with some DVDs of the cartoon?

Okay...I remember what these were now.  Temorary brain fart.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2008, 04:11 PM by iFett »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #954 on: April 3, 2008, 10:40 AM »
Yeck... the Walmart by my house has raised their GI JOE figures to $6.84....

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #955 on: April 3, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Everything else in the line (Comic Packs, Multipacks, etc.) seems like a great value now, I'd bet. The vehicles are a superb value. I got 2 sets for a friend, and I'm tempted to get a couple HISS tanks for my Star Wars collection.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #956 on: April 3, 2008, 11:04 AM »
and I'm tempted to get a couple HISS tanks for my Star Wars collection.

You wouldn't dare mix the two lines  ???    :)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #957 on: April 3, 2008, 11:06 AM »
Oh, I would dare. I'm thinking HISS tanks and Super Battle Droids. Joes with Prequel figures might be an even bigger sin.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #958 on: April 3, 2008, 11:12 AM »
Oh, I would dare. I'm thinking HISS tanks and Super Battle Droids. Joes with Prequel figures might be an even bigger sin.

That's not a bad idea.  I suppose you're going to repaint the tanks?  I used to mix my Transformers and GI Joe during play time back when I was a kid before it became cool after the comics.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #959 on: April 3, 2008, 11:16 AM »
I'm no painter/customizer, so I was just planning to peel off the stickers and use goo-gone to get the residue off. Some Joe stuff looks to fit with Star Wars really well,(HISS) other stuff looks like good military toys, (AWE Striker) and some stuff is just goofy as hell, IMO (Night Specre/Mini Plane)

Now, just something to note with my potential HISS Tank project, I'd most likely give the drivers away free to a good home, so PM me if you are interested in maybe getting some free troops.

Claimed by iFett.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2008, 11:23 AM by Greg »