Author Topic: Beasts/Creatures - Do They Need Redos?  (Read 11630 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Beasts/Creatures - Do They Need Redos?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 09:09 AM »
As nice as the Faamba is, mine's left legs (front and back) are shorter than the right legs, and he leans in that direction unless something is put under his feet to balance him.  It's probably just mine, though.  I can't see buying another one unless they switch the "accessory" on top to be the shield projector rather than the drum, though.

I'd really like to see an updated Dewback.  I like the POTF2 version, but it'd be great to see a totally new version with a Sandtrooper that can sit on it.  Make it a Battle Pack, throw in a couple of Sandtroopers and the Escape Pod from the 2004 Ultra Threepio, give the Sandtroopers a couple of those levitating probe droids from the SE, and call it a day.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 11:24 AM »
How could I have forgotten about Boga? I NEVER found Boga at retail. That's one I definitely think needs to be re-released.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 11:58 AM »
How could I have forgotten about Boga? I NEVER found Boga at retail.

Are you kidding me? That thing stunk up the pegs for months.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 04:09 PM »
As nice as the Faamba is, mine's left legs (front and back) are shorter than the right legs, and he leans in that direction unless something is put under his feet to balance him.  It's probably just mine, though. 

Both of mine did that too...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 11:10 PM »
They still have not made a really good modern Jabba the Hutt.  Maybe after seeing him again in the upcoming Clone Wars series/movie there will be enough interest in the character that maybe, just maybe, Hasbro will go all out and make a nice version from ROTJ finally.  I doubt it but maybe? 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 01:40 AM »
How could I have forgotten about Boga? I NEVER found Boga at retail.

Are you kidding me? That thing stunk up the pegs for months.

I remember seeing them up until about June 2005. I never did get one, and the few on ebay now tend to go for $30-40. It's the only item I didn't get from the $15 line, figuring it would be around for a while. It wasn't.  :(

I'd rather see them do a new, bigger one with a better Obi-Wan pack-in, but I doubt that would happen and new tooling dollars are better spent on something like a new Dewback.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 08:01 AM »
I'm pretty happy with previous releases of all of these.  I'd much rather see mini connectible playsets than any new beasts/creatures.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 01:45 AM »
I wouldn't mind it if they made an Acklay that could actually stand up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 01:50 AM »
I wouldn't mind that myself...  If they redid anything, I'd want more articulation for certain, and things like removable saddles...  I'm content with the Taun-Tauns and such, but the Reek, Nexu...  They could use more articulation if they ever got remade.  Honestly though, I'm pretty content with all the beasts we have as they are.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 11:31 AM »
They still have not made a really good modern Jabba the Hutt.  Maybe after seeing him again in the upcoming Clone Wars series/movie there will be enough interest in the character that maybe, just maybe, Hasbro will go all out and make a nice version from ROTJ finally.  I doubt it but maybe? 

I'd be game for that.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 11:37 AM »
Considering Jabba's role in the Clone Wars movie, I think we're most likely to see an animated version first.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 09:50 PM »
I think the dewback could use some more love. The POTF2 version is a letdown in my book- the color is too purple, his head is too low to the ground, and you can't touch it without collapsing the front leg out from under it.
If they show up in the clone wars, a cartoony version might be ok- that would be a little more like the vintage one probably.
But if they don't make a new one, that's ok too- I like the vintage ones with my kubrick sandtroopers

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 02:20 PM »
As nice as the Faamba is, mine's left legs (front and back) are shorter than the right legs, and he leans in that direction unless something is put under his feet to balance him.  It's probably just mine, though.

One of mine does the same.  I have some others that stand straight on their own.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 02:41 PM »

One of mine does the same.  I have some others that stand straight on their own.
No I have two that are like that as well,
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2008, 12:33 PM »
There was a Q and A at RS asking for a new articulated Tauntaun based on the success of the Indy w/horse.  Hasbro responded with interest and added this:

We will confirm there are some other beasts we are looking at updating first..so if we get to an SA Tauntaun, it may be a little while.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke