Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 595781 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Jamie Can't Take The Heat...Stays Out Of The Kitchen
« Reply #795 on: November 18, 2004, 10:25 AM »
Overall, though, LJ and DBB seem to me to have always been respectful of others, and even if it means more overall posts, that's a step in the right direction.

DBB sure, but time and time again LJ has inched dangerously close to blatant racism in her remarks - and been called out for it.

BTW - the consensus is roughly 99% sure that the picture IS her.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 18, 2004, 11:47 AM »
I don't get it. I plaster my ugly mug all over the internet and TV with no problem. These guys get found out, and WHAM, "No, it's my cousin, The Master." etc. Your rouse of mysteriousness has been lifted. Get over it and move on.

Oh well, it's just more fuel for the fire.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 18, 2004, 12:42 PM »
LJ has inched dangerously close to blatant racism in her remarks - and been called out for it.

Hmmm. Haven't seen any evidence of this myself. I do remember a big hubbub about her use of an ambiguous Hitler quote or something at her school, but, to me that was all about stirring the pot at her school, the ethics, the moral dilemmas, etc. (the usual stuff you go through in college), and not hatred. However, everyone and anyone can be offended easily by anything or everything, so that thread seemed to devolve quickly. I think if she were really showing and posting her hatred, I don't think she'd still be around. I think the easily-offended PC crowd is the minority.

Offline C

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 18, 2004, 12:45 PM »
BTW - the consensus is roughly 99% sure that the picture IS her.

as stupid as it is to be scrutinizing this, the link for the picture takes you to a Houston area prep school, and the picture "bertha" is from the class of 2002. i don't really know anything about her, but isn't she from around that area? and didn't she just start college? seems about right.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 18, 2004, 01:28 PM »
I'm fairly certain it's her cousin berthaa

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 18, 2004, 01:37 PM »
I'm fairly certain it's her cousin berthaa

You rock.

Kevin(n)
The picture kept, will remind me...

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 18, 2004, 01:42 PM »
LJ has inched dangerously close to blatant racism in her remarks - and been called out for it.

Hmmm. Haven't seen any evidence of this myself. I do remember a big hubbub about her use of an ambiguous Hitler quote or something at her school, but, to me that was all about stirring the pot at her school, the ethics, the moral dilemmas, etc. (the usual stuff you go through in college), and not hatred. However, everyone and anyone can be offended easily by anything or everything, so that thread seemed to devolve quickly. I think if she were really showing and posting her hatred, I don't think she'd still be around. I think the easily-offended PC crowd is the minority.

Yeah - but that wasn't the first time.

Despite my repuation, I'm not a guy who cares what people say or and I'm not really into all that PC stuff that much, and I'm certainly not easily-offended.  But defending anything said by Hitler because it could be good in another context was a bit much IMO.  Either way, it probably won't come up again. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #802 on: November 19, 2004, 08:27 PM »
Good God, I can't believe I haven't checked this thread yet since my return from MN!

Excellent!

So who deserves the credit for solving another of the World's Greatest Mysteries?!

Bertha(a), indeed.  Exactly what I thought when I perused her (self-congratulating) thread over at RS.

And I've never seen another RS member discuss their post count anywhere close to as much as Bertha has.  Not even Greg(g).  She'd always make a comment like "Hey, I'm almost a Grand Moff, not that I actually care about post counts, or anything..."  Yeah right.  I think only close to half of her posts over there mentioned it in some form or another...   ::)

Moderator?  Shocking.  Really.  But it shouldn't be, after Greg(g)'s appointment a while back...

But at least she proved all you naysayers wrong though, and finally showed you that she was indeed a chick (I think).   ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #803 on: November 19, 2004, 09:10 PM »
Boy, Bertha sure ain't too happy with her newfound fame and fortune of being an RS mod, it looks like.  Sounds like maybe she should contact Greg(g)'s lawyer to figure out how best to proceed...

What's ironic, is that she's getting all pissy about anyone having her personal information, yet Phillip fired half of his moderators over at TheForce.net earlier this year for NOT giving him all of their personal information.  Weird.   :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 19, 2004, 09:11 PM »
One big soap opera to me, better than Digital Cable!  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #805 on: November 19, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Maybe.  That depends on what channels you've got.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 19, 2004, 09:15 PM »
 :P

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #807 on: November 19, 2004, 09:15 PM »
Ok so let me get this straight. Lady Jaye had her pic available on the net and is freaked out someone found it? Why have your pic on the net then? On the other hand, someone has no other goal in life but to look for a pic of a moderator of a low-class section of a star wars collecting forum? All sorts of ****edupness there.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: The G.I. Joe Appreciation Society!
« Reply #808 on: November 19, 2004, 10:12 PM »
RS sucks.

I still post there and use the Look What I Found section often, but they've lost sight of the reason they're there in the first place.

And their topics in the collecting areas just....suck.

And you can't say '****' there either.

*snobbiest JD post ever.*
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The G.I. Joe Appreciation Society!
« Reply #809 on: November 19, 2004, 10:40 PM »
Thank god that I have GH and JD to hang out in most of the time.   The promotion of DDB and Lady Jaye just shows how much respect Phillip has for his community.  DDB to me is okay but wouldn't be my first choice for the spot.  Lady Jaye is up there with Greeg(g) as far as lack of qualfiications to watch over the fourms.  It also funny reading Jaye's reply to her picture being posted online and all of the stuff she has to say about it.  I would think she would be happy since it means she has proof that she is actually a Lady and not a man.