Author Topic: New Indy Toys - Rumors and Speculation!  (Read 85974 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2007, 12:18 PM »
This line could do well. If kids see the Indy movies. Either Lucas/Spielberg will re-release the originals in theaters or they'll air on TV alot. Indy IV will probably boost kids' interest in Indiana Jones as an entire series. So I have a feeling this line will be succesful, not SW succesful. Probably Spidey 3 succesful (hopefully Hasbro won't over-run this line though).
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2007, 12:51 PM »
I really liked my Truck(s) and horse.  I had 3 of the trucks (can't have a convoy with just one)...

If they put that truck in the line, I think JJ is right, the 1:18th scale military line guys would cross-over.  I also can't imagine that Hasbro's version of an SA generic German can be any less correct than 21stC.  I hope they bring on more than just the Mechanic too.

The figures thus far look great and I can see adding this to my SW and 25th Joe collections. 

I know my 7 year old Nephew LOVES Indy stuff.  I brought him back some from Disney World last year and he looked at that card back for hours asking about the other figures.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2007, 03:34 PM »
I'm really looking forward to seeing this line on the shelves. Will I buy it? Maybe just an Indy or 2 and the occasional bad guy. UNLESS they go all out and make Temple toys galore. That's always been my favorite Indy flick and i'd love to have Indy, Shorty, Willie and a Mine Cart. I've also kill for a good Mola Ram from the heart removal scene... What i'm really looking forward to are the higher end 12" figures. I'd be all over an original Indy and a Nazi Uni version...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
speculation
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2007, 05:30 PM »
Wouldn't the mine cart make the ultimate playset?  Some kind of a track you could buy extra pieces for...  Then get the mine cars.  As a kid I would've killed for that.  It was one of the best parts of the ToD.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2007, 05:53 PM »
Wouldn't the mine cart make the ultimate playset?  Some kind of a track you could buy extra pieces for...  Then get the mine cars.  As a kid I would've killed for that.  It was one of the best parts of the ToD.

Remember the arcade game from the 80's?  I thought that whipping the baddies in the other mine carts was one of the coolest parts of the game.  Also manuevering the cart around the broken tracks - good stuff.  It also had this odd voo-doo sound effect that always drew me to the game whenever I hit an arcade..

Oh, and to stay on course here - I wouldn't buy if it was made into plastic.  Got enough on my plate as it is.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2007, 07:36 PM »
The more I've been thinking about this line the less I actually think I'm going to buy.  I really want a 12" Indy from Raiders and an Ark accessory and that's about it.

I'm happy toys are being made and, by the looks, will be well supported.  I just think I was buying into the hype of the line.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2007, 11:15 PM »
This may be off topic, but having seen the first wave of figures from the upcoming Golden compass flick, some of those Tartar guards might make for some good Indy adversaries http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=ImageBank&file=index&id=82235

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
speculation
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2007, 01:40 AM »
I was wondering the other day when those were due...  For customizing purposes, they're really quite outstanding so long as they match up well in scale...  I love the dude in the fuzzy hat, and the "heavy coats" are great and unique fodder.  And children/women fodder is rare, so that's even more good stuff to look forward to.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2007, 08:01 PM »
Which reminds me to ask you Jesse, what do you do with all your figures? I've read your posts on all the small scale forums for years, you seem to like the same type of lines I do, but do you customize? Do you have a site with all your work? I'd be very interested to know :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
speculation
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2007, 02:23 AM »
Customize yes, site no...  My figures are hodgepodged right now...  Displaying is tough since I'm still working when I have time/$$$ on displays built to my collection room(s)...  In the meantime stuff's just on prefab shelves that really look like **** and are overflowing at this point.  At about 2005 things got out of control so I started storing army builders...  My vintage have been stored in a box for years now actually because I just don't have a shelf for them...  I'm working on a recessed one in a separator wall but it's slow going since I'm rarely home to work on it anyway anymore.

Customizing...  That's been on the shelf for the better part of a year.  Most I do these days is accumulate fodder.  I did tinker with some random "worker" type figures made of extra parts I have that I won't use...  Beyond that I have futzed with a ship here and there but not completed them.  Someday I'll post some photos, but probably not for a while.  Just not on my priority list of things to do really.  Actually I'd be more inclined to photo my collection for my own work here on JD doing reviews actually...  I'm clearly behind there and just need the time to do the work, which I don't have these days.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2007, 09:57 PM »
I really liked my Truck(s) and horse.  I had 3 of the trucks (can't have a convoy with just one)...

If they put that truck in the line, I think JJ is right, the 1:18th scale military line guys would cross-over.  I also can't imagine that Hasbro's version of an SA generic German can be any less correct than 21stC.  I hope they bring on more than just the Mechanic too.

The figures thus far look great and I can see adding this to my SW and 25th Joe collections. 

I know my 7 year old Nephew LOVES Indy stuff.  I brought him back some from Disney World last year and he looked at that card back for hours asking about the other figures.

That's good. Indy has kid support. Or will when most kids see it on TV or re-releases in theaters.
Where's the TOD & LC stuff at?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2007, 10:25 PM »
It seems, unless there is a leak, Hasbro is saying we won't see more images till Toy Fair 2008...at least that is what this weeks QnA's seemed to hint towards.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2007, 07:58 PM »
I saw the other day in, I think it was toy review magazine-one of those I don't remember which actually.  But they had pics of Indy in the hat & jacket from Raiders, which had the idle dude from the beginning of the movie.  They also had the fig from what we saw at SDCC with the whipping action feature it also came with the sheild from the knight that Indy made the rubbing from in Crusades.  Wait........ Whip action feature.....Rubbings.....I knew Indy was a ladies man but that's pretty kinky for the 1930's & 40's  :P

Raiders Indy will makes for a good scruffy lookin' nerf herder version of Han  :D 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
speculation
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2007, 03:09 AM »
I'll just pick up one or figures of Indiana himself--probably one each with and without the jacket--but mainly I want to steer clear of this line. Although if the (lack of) sculpting detail on the figures so far pictured is representative, then skipping them won't be too painful.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
speculation
« Reply #59 on: October 6, 2007, 09:28 AM »
I really dug the figure sneaked at Comic-con, might pick up an Indy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."