Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 476146 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 02.24.06
« Reply #1830 on: February 25, 2006, 06:36 AM »
Great Update Chewie!

My favorite is Rykrof (Ren Var)

Did the Clone Legs fit easily or did you have to modify them?
I may have to make a Clone using this Idea if you don't mind.
I can't think of Any other Star Wars character with such an exspansive Wardrobe. I don't even think Padme Amidala can hold a Match to Rykrof.

Keep up the Great Work!

Fritzkrieg

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #1831 on: February 25, 2006, 08:20 AM »
It just bugs the heck out of me that Rykrof is stll a soldier and Tylin is an officer. What did he do that made him an officer. I personaly think that after being kidnapped, Rykrof should be promoted. He's seen more action than most Jedi Masters, at least in my opinion anyway. I just think that Rykrof should be promoted from his minor position, up to a position of power like Lt. or General for all of the things he's done. I could rant about this forever, but, I think I made my point.
CHEWIE- At least explain why Tylin got promoted, besides the fact that he's an arrogant kiss up.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: February 25, 2006, 01:53 PM »
Fritzkrieg - No problem, anytime you want to use one of my ideas go right ahead.  You give me ideas all the time my friend!  For the legs fitting, I assume you are referring to the Clone shins connecting with the AT-AT driver thighs - yes it's a perfect match.

Alderaan Gaurdian - Well, I understand where you are coming from... it's almost one of those deals where "nice guys finish last" for Rykrof right now.  Until recently both Rykrof and Tylin held equal positions.  That was until Rykrof's recent mission to Dathomir to find a Badoo Corba base, where Rykrof broke orders and spent some time on Naboo to be with his family - in doing so, the Badoo Corba were allowed time to pack up and leave prior to a Separatist invasion (that was staged to ambush Rykrof).

So it comes down to a few things -

(1) Rykrof doesn't kiss ass like Tylin does, and in doing some things his own way, he has had a falling out with Palpatine, who until very recently wanted Rykrof dead.  Palpatine did not view Rykrof as a big threat however and figures that on his dangerous missions that sooner or later he'll get killed.  But with the threat of the Badoo Corba wanting to kill Palpatine, he decided that maybe it's best to let Rykrof live for now to eliminate this threat.

(2) Tylin is a bit older than Rykrof and not exactly the soldier type.  He is willing to do whatever he can to increase his position.  While Rykrof was away on Dathomir is when Gere was promoted to the rank of admiral, kissing Palpatine's ass has helped increase his rank.

But when it comes to being on a battlefield, Rykrof is the one you want on your side - he has luck on his side right now.  He hasn't been promoted because  he doesn't do everything by the book, plus he's viewed as a better asset being in the field leading troops and trying to take out the Badoo Corba.  What will happen when he returns?  Will he be hailed as a hero?  Or will Palpatine be angry when he learns that Rykrof might have had a chance to eliminate the leaders of the Badoo Corba?  Again, Rykrof put his family first in a decision to trade his wife for himself, so you'll see what happens in #21 when it comes out.  And feedback/suggestions are always welcome, you guys can influence a lot of what happens.

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1833 on: February 25, 2006, 07:08 PM »
Damn Chewie

You sure know how to make great looking so fast they are incredible I'm really enjoying all the clone/imperial looking troopers great work as always mate.

Ron

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #1834 on: February 25, 2006, 09:56 PM »
Hey Chewie great job on the hoth Enloe and Gere. I love the Rykrof he looks just like a prototype of the galactic marines tundra suits. My only complaint is I think he should have a shoulder pads of some sort, He seems kind of tiny I dunno but keep up the great work.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: February 26, 2006, 07:09 AM »
what's up from afghanistan!

CHEWIE, great customs. the rykoff, rhen var assult gear is very cool, easily one of my favorite rykoff's. the mix of different gear is very creative and looks great together!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: February 26, 2006, 08:57 AM »
I really like Rhen Var Rykrof. I love any kind of snow troopers, but this one takes the cake. He kind of looks like an early-empire AT-AT driver. Tylin's good, too, I like the jumpsuit he's in.

One suggestion with Rykrof, if he is a commander, he should maybe have some kind of pauldron of an addition to tell that he's a superior.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: February 26, 2006, 09:49 AM »
I guess I forgot to comment on this latest round as well....

My favorite is the Rykrof in Rhen gear - very cool blend of imperial trooper parts.  Tylin and Bail both look nice considering that they are very basic customs (in terms of parts swapping).  They work very well.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: February 27, 2006, 12:57 AM »
Thanks for all the nice words and feedback guys.  One thing though about a pauldron for that figure, it causes a problem as the way the shoulders are made on the base of the AT-AT driver, pualdrons to not fit naturally at all on them.  I could "shape" it some, but for the battle Rykrof will be in I don't think he'll need it.

Here's what I worked on today, and man this took so long to do that I thought I was going to go crazy.  It's basically a room set for a place like Coruscant, it can be used for many differnet settings for the Rykrof Enloe Photonovels.  Here's what it looks like -

parts used -

frame - wood (a mail file box to be exact)
foamcore - for support walls
basel wood - for the lower parts of the walls to make them appear thicker
textured posterboard - for the floor and the red walls
tacky glue and hot glue - to hold things together

After it was done, I was more happy with it that I feared I would be.  So I decided to take a pic or two for examples of what it could be used for -

I hope tomorrow now to be able to work on another figure for the Clone Wars Group Project.

:P

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 02.27.06
« Reply #1839 on: February 27, 2006, 08:55 AM »
Nifty!
It definitely looks like a Coruscant building though Chewie!
Cool!  ;D
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: February 27, 2006, 07:47 PM »
Booyah! Won Chewie's Trandoshan!  ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: February 27, 2006, 07:48 PM »
Booya! Won CHEWIE's Sith! This make 4 CHEWIE origionals in my collection.

How many for you, DD?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: February 27, 2006, 08:13 PM »
This will be my first, actually. Hopefully the first of many more.  ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: February 27, 2006, 08:37 PM »
I got you guys beat. I've got SIX Chewie customs!  ;D Of course, I would love to have one from each of you too.

That box will make a nice background room Chewie. You might want to add a window to it. Just put up a piece of fabric that is one color so you can rotoscope it out in photoshop. A weird sculpture or fountain would be cool too.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 08:44 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: February 27, 2006, 08:37 PM »
This will be my first, actually. Hopefully the first of many more.  ;D

You'll be pleased, I guarentee it.