Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 476117 times)

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 03.21.06 - C.A.D.I.S.T. vehicle
« Reply #1965 on: March 21, 2006, 01:26 AM »
CHEWIE, I love how it reminds me of the Vintage Troop Carrier. 

Great job!
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #1966 on: March 21, 2006, 10:13 AM »
WOW I just spent 30 minutes looking for the base toy you used on the BBI site and no cigar. It reminds me of OWEN D's rebel trooper transport only alot more heavily armed.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 21, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Chewie, I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is maxed out.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1968 on: March 21, 2006, 10:19 AM »
CHEWIE, I love how it reminds me of the Vintage Troop Carrier. 

Great job!

I was thinking the same thing re: the vintage troop carrier!

I've looked at these toys on many occassions and tried to come up with ways to make them work as SW vehicles. You managed to actually do what my imagination could not. :) Super effort, CHEWIE! Thanks, as always, for sharing it with us.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 21, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Thanks guys, very nice of you.  I might try my hand at another vehicle sometime soon, they just take a while to do and are expensive to make.

Here's a revised banner for the Rykrof Enloe Series -

And I should have some more space in my PM box now.   :)

:P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 21, 2006, 10:53 AM »
Nice Poster Upgrade!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 21, 2006, 03:19 PM »
That tank, CHEWIE, is probably the best vehicle I've seen you make. I love it, and it really showcases how great you are at painting. Top-notch. Are those hatch fighters previous customs of yours? I really like the look of them. Cool poster too.

Great great great job overall.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 21, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Sweet transport!

I've looked at that base vehicle several times and have been waiting for it to hit clearance but it's still full rice at my local WM :(
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 21, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Wow! Very cool tank/hovercraft. I like how it has a r2 head on it. Let me know when you completely run out of display space. I'll take this baby off your hands. It would look great in my new star wars office. (if it ever gets built)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1974 on: March 21, 2006, 06:16 PM »
OMFG Chewie that is one ofthe best looking fanfiction vehicles I've ever seen you are a true master I must say and the weathering is excellent and it fits right into the SW without even blinking an eye 2 BIG THUMBS UP.

And the banner looks 100% better with te hwriting on it well done mate.

Ron

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 22, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Im not really sure what to say. I dont think Ive ever seen a vehicle custom that youve done. It looks excellent, and it reminds me of the vintage transport as well. I have a bunch of 21c stuff left over from my Joe collecting days. Just sitting there collecting dust, they arent much good. I may one day tackle something like this myself.

Im with metal Jedi on the fact that vehicles are sadly lacking in the modern SW lines. It would be nice to see things like that again.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1976 on: March 22, 2006, 07:26 PM »
Justin, the CADIST vehicel turned out fantastic. I really enjoy your vehicle customs. You added some great greeblies to it and it really seems like it would fit in the SW universe. Obviously the paint is fantastic as always.

I do have one suggestion though, maybe you could try adding a Republic logo to the sides somewhere, it just seems like most of the Republic vehicles have it somewhere on them.
"This is the way."

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #1977 on: March 22, 2006, 07:27 PM »
Chewie-I saw the tank over at RS. For some reason, it's just not showing up on my comp., just at jd though. Love the banner, but if I were you I'd make a better selection of the people you put in it.(esp. the Neomodian amd the Rodian) But I'm sure you have your reasons to put each person in. Off the subject of customs, when do you expect the next episode of RE to be up? I'm still very curious to see who Count Dooku sent the guy to kill, because I think I remember reading on Wookiepedia that someone tried to kill Amidala in a shop on Naboo during the Clone Wars. I know you can't give away important details to the story, but I am, as well as many other people are dying to know.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 22, 2006, 08:12 PM »
cadist that is great really just k-ool.  but somebody better tell rykrof that there's a couple of detonators on the side of his tank  :o  great use of parts great paint really impressed.  i'd love to see more people make custom vehicles especially since hasbro seems to not want to.  even though Phruby beat me to it if decide to make another one like this by all means i'll shove whatever i can to the side to make room for it on my shelf.  how about to give it a WW II feel through a repub/imperial flag on it.  or a thick hose, or one of those big antenaes that arcs from the back to the front.  or some kill sillouettes.  definately agree with Ryan add a faded logo on it.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 22, 2006, 09:00 PM »
Darth Nirvana - Thanks for the feedback, yeah those hatch guys were previous customs, I thought this looked like a good vehicle for them.

Spectre - Thanks, you've always been an inspiration with your awesome custom vehicles, you make so many and they are so good!

Master_Phruby - Yeah, one of these days space will be a major issue, I am definitely getting low on room.  Having to rearrange things quite a bit.  Thanks for the feedback.

hemble - Thanks, but I'm sure you'd do a lot better.  I can't come close to painting like you do. And thanks on the banner.

Ryan - I thought about a logo, but I figure this could also be used after the Empire is formed where they really don't use logos too much anymore.   Great idea, if I was good at painting stuff like that I might give it a try.

Alderaan Gaurdian - My web hosting service was going nuts today, that's why it wasn't showing up.  Nothing of mine was.  So who do you suggest should be in the poster that isn't on it?  The Nemoidian (General Snodd) has had about as big a role as any Separatist other than Dooku and the Rodian (Zeedo Chissis) has shown up more than any other Badoo Corba Terrorist.  I don't know how far back you've read in the series though.  As for the next photonovel I didn't even know you read them but I'm glad that you do.  It will probably be 2-4 weeks before the next one is up, they take a lot of time to do, and as for who is the target of the assassination it will be revealed soon.  But like you said I can't reveal it yet. 

jedipurge - Thanks for the ideas on the CADIST vehicle.  Funny, I have someone commissioning me to make 2 of them already.  I couldn't pass up the offer someone gave me.  As for the detonators, they're just supposed to be a different mechanism on the vehicle, not really bombs.   ;)

Darth_Ennis - You are correct, I rarely make custom vehicles... a few I've made for the Rykrof Enloe series, but these are about it.  Thanks for the feedback, and here are a few vehicles I've made before but you might have missed them.  They're not that great though.

:P