Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 476158 times)

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 04.06.06
« Reply #2055 on: April 6, 2006, 10:54 AM »
Pretty cool custom chewie. Just like you said simple, but effective. I wonder when he would have adopted this new uniform and glove cause supposedly he got promoted after the battle of Praestliyn, but i'm not quite sure when that is in relation to the rest of the clone wars  ??? Oh well anyways nice custom  :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: April 6, 2006, 11:16 AM »
DD, thank you for your support.  I know I should not have gone public with that email but I really do appreciate so many people trying to see it from my perspective.

Thanks guys on the Anakin too.  It's as simple of a custom as I've even seen, no boiling is even needed.  Remember though that those eyes aren't painted on, I need to redo them.  As for his outfit change, I don't really know when he changed it in the Clone Wars.  I just liked this look I guess.

I might have a photonovel preview or two in the next couple days too.

:P

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: April 6, 2006, 11:26 AM »

I might have a photonovel preview or two in the next couple days too.

woo hoo preview! palpatines so trying to kill rykrof  :P

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: April 6, 2006, 05:29 PM »
woo hoo preview! palpatines so trying to kill rykrof   

Sounds good!  ;D
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: April 6, 2006, 08:27 PM »
I'll definitely be getting a new photonovel up soon... but also I've made a decision regarding some of the orginal ones.  Since they are going to be featured at Yakface and there's a new title coming for them, I have decided I want to go back and redo most of the first ones.  Some of you may remember that I tinkered with that idea a while back, and did alter a few of the old pics.  But now I really want to go back and redo them.  There won't be any changes in the storyline and the dialogue will stay just about the same, but the pics will be all new.  I just can't keep from doing it.  I feel like it's something that will bug me for as long as the series continues - the first ones suck.

Also if some of you have some ideas for the title, of the series, please email them to me at rykrofenloe@yahoo.com - a friend sent me a title idea today that really seems good, I'd like to see if someone might have a better one.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #2060 on: April 6, 2006, 08:35 PM »
... I just can't keep from doing it.  I feel like it's something that will bug me for as long as the series continues - the first ones suck....

Are you related to Lucas? ;)

j/k - Can't wait to see the new work and spiffy new title at YakFace!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: April 6, 2006, 09:57 PM »
Thanks PenDragon.  I think can understand why Lucas likes to go back and tweak his stuff; it's a compulsion to try and improve something, even though others might not understand.

Anyways, I don't think that this redo is going to take as much time as I was afraid of it taking, mainly because I won't be writing new stories for them or trying too hard to figure out how to set up the scenes, I'm mainly going back and just redoing an existing set of stories.

For example here is a shot from the first photonovel -

And a comparison to how it could look now -

Big upgrade?  No, but I think that I'll be happier with them if I do this.  It will only be for the first 10 or so.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: April 6, 2006, 11:17 PM »
Hey Chewie - I like the upgraded photos!  You gotta do what makes you happy.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: April 7, 2006, 12:02 AM »
Hey Chewie - I like the upgraded photos!  You gotta do what makes you happy.

Thanks Brent.   :)

I really do need to do what makes me happy and after a bit of controversy yesterday, I decided to do just that.  I had already been discussing with Bill and Keri at Yakface about upgrading the first stories, so why not?

To be honest, this is what makes me want to customize - to make photonovels.  When I first started getting back into collecting in 1995-1996, I made some short home movies with figures and tried a few customs (like Owen and Beru) for those videos.  Then I kept making more for a longer homemade video... but then time went by, and finally the photonovels seemed like the perfect way to make my little "dream" come alive.  I like for people to see what I work hard on, and the photonovels are my way of showing my customs the way I like to.  If other people enjoy them, great.  If not, well that's ok too.

Here is another comparison shot from the very first Rykrof photonovel -

old -

new -

I realize the improvements aren't drastic, but I want them to be more consistent with the newer stories.

And hey here's a new preview for  NEW story. 

I've also decided that I want to go back and do a few more customs for these older stories.  I will have several up to show by the weekend including a whole new look for Rykrof in the older stories.  And the excitement of how much I love doing these is back more than ever.   :)   :)   :)

And heck, I'm changing my signature smiley face from now on too.  I've always tried to look at the bright side of things and am forever the optimist in everything in life, so all this time maybe my little smiley face showed something completely different than I really wanted it to.  After 5,740 posts here, it's now changing.

:)
« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 12:06 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - 04.07.06 and with an announcement! :-)
« Reply #2064 on: April 7, 2006, 12:15 AM »
So you already did the SEs, does this make these equivalent to the DVD release? ;)

The AT-TE shot looks excellent. I think it is one of the better ones you've done actually. I can't wait for the next part.
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #2065 on: April 7, 2006, 12:21 AM »
The updated pics look great CHEWIE.  Personally, I kinda like the older pics because it shows how much you have progressed in your photonovels.  Of course, you have to do what makes you happy and I think the updated photonovels will be great!

Can I start using this guy now:  :P:-*
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: April 7, 2006, 12:40 AM »
Thanks guys.   :)  Yes, my patent on "  :P " has been broken, he's all yours.   ;)

The old ones won't "go away" but just the new ones will be around too.

Also here is the Rykrof that will be replacing the original one.  Not the best pic here of it.

head - SAGA Endor Soldier
torso - OTC General Madine
arms - SAGA Lt. Faytonni
gloves - OTC General Madine
legs - SAGA Lt. Faytonni

:)
« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 01:36 AM by CHEWIE »

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: April 7, 2006, 01:29 AM »
wow a really do like this enloe better than the older version. Definitely has its own look to it now instead just a head swap. Good stuff man, at first i was a little skeptical at the look of the new shots as there wasn't much change except for photography quality. Now that you're adding some new customs though this is beginning to look very promising.  8)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: April 7, 2006, 09:30 AM »
Chewie - I think that new Rykroff is 100x better than the previous version.  I've never been sure if I liked that Ack-Med body.  I think he looks great with the over-vest/skirt.  Well done!

Where did that AT-TE come from?  Is that a custom vehicle of some sort?

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #2069 on: April 7, 2006, 10:11 AM »
Chewie, its amazing how fast your PN skills have improved in a year and its great to see that transition through out the course of your PN's.  The new shot look great and have a nice crisp look to them.  Your remakes of the older chapters can be seen as "Special Editions" of the older ones kinda like what was done with SW.   :)

The new  Rykrof custom is a great improvement on the original custom.  I was never a big fan of how hasbro posed the Lt. Faytonni figure.  The color contrast of the brown and blue really makes this one stand out.  The incorporation of the Lt. Faytonni arms and legs work well with the Madine torso and makes this a great and unique custom.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.