Author Topic: Ian McDiarmid now in ESB  (Read 5184 times)

SilverZ

Re: Ian McDiarmid now in ESB
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2004, 01:07 AM »
Thanks for posting the link to that - I'd been looking earlier and found nothing but dead links. It sounds like they've done a good job of restructuring this whole conversation to conform to ROTS story points while still working with Vader's previous mentions of Skywalker on Hoth. Coolness.

The Emperor's dialog is a little slow and out of his normal cadence, but hey, its one changed I've actually wanted for a long time.

What really impresses me is Vader's new "how is that possible?" line, which, if its not a recent recording, is a lot better than the crap "alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival" take they dug up for Bespin (which was apparently from old 1980's VO sessions). Hopefully they've addressed that as well with recent JEJ session takes.

This surfaced as well:

EDIT: Hard to believe English is my native language.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 02:54 AM by Tydirium »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2004, 03:01 AM »
One thing I don't really like is how easily it is to detect the old lines with the new ones... they don't quite match. Regardless, it was always one of my favorite scenes, and it doesn't look like they've butchered it. Whew.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 02:16 PM »
I don't mind the new lines added in either, they don't sound too bad.  Interesting all of the changes that are coming to light now, I hope they all look/sound good when we sit down to watch these movies in September.