Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 212508 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #765 on: October 25, 2020, 11:02 AM »
Well, the new Walmart Clone Wars wave has finally hit here! I picked up all three army builders this morning and stashed an Ahsoka for later. No sign of the shipper at all, they were just on an endcap. After all the escalating hype this week, super happy and relieved to have found these so easily, at my closest store no less.

Still have them all on preorder but who knows what’s going on with that.

All of these new figures are amazing BTW!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 28, 2020, 02:05 PM »
I got the Target exclusive Commander Pyre figure today in the mail.  I didn't realize that this was falling under the Galaxy's Edge umbrella.  I don't recall seeing him when I was at Disney, but I could have missed him.

I do think its interesting that this isn't a "Resistance" figure, but a Galaxy's Edge figure.  We got a few Resistance 3.75" figures but I guess this is the first 6" one.  I would have preferred something more interesting like Bucket, or Yeager, but I guess this was an easy repaint with minimal effort.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 2, 2020, 05:01 PM »
Quite a haul today on my day off work!

Picked up my Holiday Range Trooper from Target, a random Mando Super Commando I found on the pegs, and ALL of the Cad Bane wave at Walmart! (Well, took trips to two different Walmart’s but I was able to find all 8j

I was planning to just order that whole wave online but this worked out even better as I had birthday money to burn.  :) Plus they were only $17.88 each for some reason.

Yay new toys!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 3, 2020, 12:45 PM »
6" Mail Call:

Gaming Greats Biker Scout
Hoth Rebel Soldier
R5-P8
Commander Pyre
Original Purge Trooper
New Electrostaff Purge Trooper
Credit Collection Heavy
Deluxe Armorer

Makes the sting of not finding any Walmart shippers a little easier to bear.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 3, 2020, 01:43 PM »
How'd you get an original Purge Trooper - eBay?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 4, 2020, 04:55 PM »
How'd you get an original Purge Trooper - eBay?

I periodically watch Ebay and the Black Series Collectors Facebook Group.  I've been looking a long time for Qui-Gon and Purge Trooper as the only two holding me back from a complete set.  Knocked off Qui-Gon a month or two ago loose for $45.  I've tried to get the Purge  a half dozen times, but am usually too late to the party.  Locked one in a few months back, but that guy never delivered, so its been a love/hate relationship with that figure.  Finally found someone with good references/communication skills selling one for $60 shipped, so I locked it down.  WAy more than I ever wanted to spend, but worth it to not have to look for it anymore.  There's (of course) a guy selling one loose for $50 shipped right now if you're interested.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 6, 2020, 02:47 PM »
I’ll take “things I never thought I would see on the pegs again in a million years” for $1000, Alex.

I was shocked to stumble across not one, not two, but THREE original BS Mandos (#94) at GameStop today! Not sure if these were warehouse finds or what but they did look a little dusty. I have the Carbonized version, and the Special Edition White Box version, but I don’t want to open those, so I was really happy to find one I could break out and display. He was $25 for some reason but with their current 20% off sale it came out to regular price.

I also picked up a Cal Kestis for $13 since that’s another one I only had the White Box version of. Now I just need the Seventh Sister or whatever and I’ll have spares of that whole wave.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 7, 2020, 06:51 PM »
Gamestop has been money lately.  I stopped in last night to get my pre-paid/pre-ordered Nihilus.  I had a coupon for a free action figure (they have buy 5 get one free going for rewards members), but also had a bunch of $5 coupons stacked up.  The only thing of interest was another Phase 2 clone, but wasn't sure I wanted to waste the free figure coupon on a dupe, especially when they're already 20% off. 

Instead, the lady automatically gave me a credit for 20% off the Nihilus.  She used the the 3 coupons on it as well, then rang up the 20% off clone.  My total with Tax was $28 and I had already paid $26.50 for the pre-order, so all they charged me was $1.50 for the clone and I still have a free figure coupon to use by end of the year.  Boom!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 17, 2020, 12:06 PM »
I was getting concerned that I wouldn't be able to find the Deluxe Boba Fett (ROTJ) since the pre-orders had sold out at both Hasbro Pulse and Amazon.  I just happened to check Best Buy and they have the Deluxe Boba Fett available, and I was even able to use some rewards points to save $10 on this one.  If you're still looking for this one Best Buy might be a good option.

I was also able to order Moff Gideon and Greef Karga from Amazon.  But not Kuiil.

...I have spoken.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 12:20 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 18, 2020, 08:57 PM »
Big mail day today!

This morning the Amazon Credit Collection Death Trooper showed up, followed by the Mando Loyalist later this evening.

And at lunch I was able to pick up the Walmart Holiday Trooper, so my collection of those is complete now.  :)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 19, 2020, 06:18 PM »
Got my Incinerator Trooper from Amazon today.  It's nice, but holy cow is the flame big.  Overcompensating for a small cod piece maybe???

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 14, 2020, 06:22 PM »
How does the retail landscape look to all of you?

I've been surprised that for months now there have been virtually no 6" or 3.75" figures on the pegs at any of the Targets around me.  There are a few carded 40th anniversary ESB 6" figures that can get hang around a bit, but that is it.

I haven't stopped in to a Wal-Mart in ages so I don't know what is going on there.  Walgreens always seems to have the same couple of dusty figures on their shelves.

Are you seeing the same situation that new cases sell out very quickly with very little staying on the shelf for long?  On one hand I like seeing the popularity of Star Wars rebounding, but I'm also not sure if supply is severely constrained or Hasbro is making a lot less.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 15, 2020, 03:54 AM »
Retail has been awful in 2020. I mean it was awful before Covid, but the pandemic seems to have furthered the decline. Keep in mind I only really look at the Star Wars and Marvel sections, so I can't vouch for any other toy lines, outside of never seeing any Power Rangers or GI Joe 6 inch figures anywhere.

Target - Mostly empty pegs. Some stores got some of the Galaxy's Edge figures, most did not. On last check, the only figures available to purchase were the Dagobah Luke/Yoda 40AC 2 pack, which randomly started hitting here in huge numbers after Thanksgiving. Black Series red/black numbered line was clearanced out a while back, and the dozens of Holdos, Yavin Lukes, and Zorri Blisses were sold off for $6. Haven't seen any of the new look Black Series figures yet. Only one Target in a 50 mile radius (according to the Target app) got in the exclusive retro Marvel figures.

Walmart - Haven't been inside one in months, but the majority of my local stores have only sold lightsabers since roughly 2015. I did see both variants of the Black Series Baby Yoda over the summer, but that's it.

Gamestop - I've seen SOME hard to find figures such as the final red/black AOTC wave, but it's mostly just 40AC ESB figures.

Occasionally I will wander in to a Best Buy as well, and they're the only store I've seen any 3.75 inch figures at since TVC Snokes were clearanced out in 2018. Not many 6 inch figures, though I've gotten a few Marvel figures for half price over the last 2 years or so.

Thank goodness for Jayson and the Reddit mods for pointing out when stuff goes in stock online!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 15, 2020, 02:19 PM »
Gamestop seems to have the best selection of 6" Black Series around me.  Walmart and Target are usually a waste of time, so I rarely go anymore.  TVC has been all online for me lately, or getting local from buddies.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 16, 2020, 09:30 AM »
My shopping had been shifting largely to online purchases before the pandemic.  Now it's an even more valuable resource.  It seems like a lot more people have made a similar shift, because I have been stunned by how quickly presales are now selling out!

The big box stores are just so hit or miss near me.  We've got such a concentration of collectors in the area that it's difficult to get anything when it's really new.  Unless you can be at a store opening first thing in the morning you're not likely to find something for a few weeks.  Even the inventory checkers can't keep up with how quickly stock will come in and then be gone with either The Vintage Collection or The Black Series.  There are pro's and con's to how Target is managing their inventory - PRO:  they don't wind up with a ton of pegwarmers;  CON:  they're so ruthless with their inventory management that it would be unusual for more than one or two cases of TVC figures to get stocked at any one time.

GameStop has been okay around here.  We also have about 9 of their stores (plus a ThinkGeek location) located within about 15 minutes of our house.  It's a bit more collector friendly.  The problem is that GameStop knows this!  And their TBS prices are higher.  I'm still seriously disappointed with how The Vintage Collection performed at GameStop, and that we're still seeing 2018 figures on clearance there.  That initial TVC wave was just so poorly marketed.  Hasbro has got to get it together with these new line launches and have multiple waves ready to go at launch to avoid these first wave logjams.  But back to GameStop?  I signed up for their loyalty program, because I get a $5 coupon every month and you can build up rewards points to redeem for other purchases.  That's actually helped with the higher prices.

Best Buy has been pleasantly surprising.  Because stock seems to rotate and current waves are showing up there, including TVC.  I've been shocked to find TVC vehicles and playsets in stock in Best Buy stores.  Rewards points come in handy here, too.

Disney stores have been hit or miss.  I remember finding LOADS of the 3.75" Black Series at those stores back around 2013/2014!  They also had the TFA and TLJ movies lines, but not to the degree that they seemed overwhelmed with them.  TVC has had less of a presence there, though.  In fact, the last time I can recall seeing non-Disney 3.75" figures in a Disney store was with the SOLO line, and that wasn't very plentiful.  Black Series figures seem to come and go in stock, but it's difficult to judge when they're going to have them.  The Disney Store outlets have proven to be a nice resource, but like I mentioned above, I'm not going out to stores all that much during the pandemic.

The one X factor that I've got in my area is Toys R Us.  I think there are all of 3 locations in the US, so I know that this is a bit of an outlier.  But it was so nice being able to find the TVC wave with Chirrut, Fives, Hondo and Jedi Luke all hanging on pegs.  The amount of shelf space is a shadow of what old TRU Star Wars sections were, but I'll take this.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 09:40 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback