Author Topic: Target SWGE Hasbro 3.75" "Droid Depot" Packs  (Read 4187 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Target SWGE Hasbro 3.75" "Droid Depot" Packs
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2020, 06:51 AM »
These look pretty interesting.  I hope I can actually find them in a store.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2020, 11:00 AM »
Scored all three sets at the Target I was at this morning. Had been waiting for the door to open from 7:30am, went right for these first thing. Got a set for myself to keep MIB and another to open, the third is for my friend Chuck who always helps me with the Disney Droids, so he can help collectors overseas.

Got accosted by a “white knight” collector with a New York attitude, while I was at the self checkout register, because I was buying them all, he even called over the manager who, for a few minutes, I was worried would cancel my purchase. The manager made some remarks about how he hates having collectibles and how scummy eBay sellers come and clean him out whenever the items hit the shelves.

I am tempted to call Target Corporate offices and file a complaint against him, this guy used to be the manager of a store 40 minutes North from me and is a total jerk.

I didn’t engage with this guy until my purchase was complete and I explained to him I never sell on eBay (which I don’t) or specifically buy to flip online, and that I help other collectors all the time. Hate it when stuff hits and it’s the summer season and the North Jersey and New York collectors are here for the week renting out a beach house.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2020, 08:24 PM »
When I saw that Yakface posted the links to these things this morning, I checked them out and the Target app told me these weren't in any store near me. It was about 9am, so I figured everything had been cleared out already.

As it happened, the family was shopping this afternoon and went to the local Target, so I looked anyway. The endcap in toys was wiped out except for one Captain Cardinal. As we were shopping, I found a little standalone display in the kids clothes section with more of the stuff, including a full display of the Droid Depot figures. I bought the trio of Astromechs, but left the BB units.

I liked the packaging, it was nice to open something "different." My son and I have talked about making a "Build A Droid" boardgame, but I never thought I had enough parts to do anything fun. He was excited to see us add a few more to the pile.

I would take more if they did another run.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2020, 04:29 AM »
Some stores here seemed to have their **** together while mine, as usual, did not.  They’d apparently not put out half the stuff they were to put out today.  So I chalked these up to things I’d just do without even though I did want the droids.

Anyway friends were able to nab me a set at another store and I consider myself fortunate to have them now.

I was going to stop by a Target further down the road in the city but I didn’t have the energy to drive down and figured they’d either be sold out or equally unprepared, so I just basically gave up.  I always hate these limited launch deals.  I was up at 3 am for stuff online thinking I’d go that route and the droids weren’t even available there yet it seemed.  I just feel lucky I got a set of the figures via friends (who have an always prepared store haha).  The 6” figures online seemed like a debacle too.  Oof.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2020, 08:49 AM »
As someone who has tried to stay away from going crazy trying to get all Disney's droid releases, this was really fun to add 9.5 droids to the collection yesterday. Hope there's more.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2020, 09:18 AM »
As someone who has tried to stay away from going crazy trying to get all Disney's droid releases, this was really fun to add 9.5 droids to the collection yesterday. Hope there's more.

Agreed.  On trips to Disney I've put together a couple of fun droids, but haven't bothered to try and track down the piles of different parts.

I'm still hoping they come out with "Droid Factory" parts bundles.  As a kid I enjoyed building funky droids with that set.  If Hasbro could mix together some treadwell parts, some astromech parts, and lots of random accessories (hoses, jets, etc.) that would be pretty cool.

These little sets are a great start, and a decent value.  Two BB units for $10?  Yes please!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2020, 10:00 AM »
Picked up all the 3.75 inch droids. Nice sets. Since the R3 is in imperial colors. I'm doing another video.  ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2020, 02:02 PM »
I'm hoping these get restocked and are easy to come by in the coming weeks.  I think I'd like to pick up a few more of some of these.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2020, 03:18 PM »
I decided to make it 10 instead of 9.5 and grabbed a 7th set to use the extra dome.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2020, 06:24 PM »
Picked up all the 3.75 inch droids. Nice sets. Since the R3 is in imperial colors. I'm doing another video.  ;)

Great video Anthony.

The only correction I would like to offer is that the Disney Astromech universal left/right legs are produced by the Disney Parks merchandise team (probably using the same factories as Hasbro), but Hasbro has never officially released an Astromech with those types of legs, even when they have released R2-D2 in recent 2-packs and on the TVC ANH card, it's always been the long running left & right specific legs with the wires at the "feet" portion of the leg.

The same goes with the domes, the domes with the peg holes are domes specifically made by the Disney Parks merchandise team, none of the Hasbro releases have ever had the peg holes.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 1, 2020, 12:50 AM »

Great video Anthony.

The same goes with the domes, the domes with the peg holes are domes specifically made by the Disney Parks merchandise team, none of the Hasbro releases have ever had the peg holes.

Thank you!

Of course. I didn't think I needed to clarify but will try to take something like that into consideration in the future. And you're always welcome to point that out in the comments.  ;)

And here's the link to the new video for anyone interested...

https://youtu.be/pD8uJdBQ7GQ
« Last Edit: September 1, 2020, 12:51 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: September 1, 2020, 06:40 PM »
I decided to make it 10 instead of 9.5 and grabbed a 7th set to use the extra dome.

My friends did this for me too.  I gusss the R5 dome is kinda unique compared to all red R5 domes so far...  though minuscule I guess, but enough I kinda cared. 🤷‍♂️
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 2, 2020, 05:27 AM »
I picked up a couple of the BB unit sets last night at Target.  I've tried looking in at least 3 Targets and only found those so far out of all of the new 3.75" and 6" figures.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: September 2, 2020, 06:33 PM »
A friend from the site lives out your way now and has been striking out at Target so far.  They’ve been restocking out our way here some but kind of randomly I guess.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2020, 11:03 AM »
I managed to pick up the rest of the Galaxy's Edge 3.75" astromech and BB droids today.  And I actually opened them and set them up by my WFH station!  Will wonders ever cease?!?!?

Feedback