Author Topic: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!  (Read 212794 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium Series - 3" DieCast Vehicle Line!
« Reply #315 on: February 23, 2007, 09:52 AM »

Ayup, there's a classic Raider coming, along with Pegasus.  As my usual whine goes, I'll need help on those guys as the BSG ships aren't released in Canada :(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2007, 12:29 AM »
I picked up my first from this line. The Crimson TIE Interceptor. I'd like to perhaps pick up another, and one of the Clone Wars Gunships.

I snagged the Degobah X-Wing for a friend, as well.

Nifty little line you guys are collecting.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 14, 2007, 11:31 PM »
I wish that Pegasus was coming in the ultra line. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #318 on: March 18, 2007, 05:51 AM »
It sucks to see Target jumping on the dollar increase bandwagon now with these.  They were much more fun, and the repaints were more stomach-able, at just $4.99 a pop.  But at a buck more than that across the board now, with the future of the line consisting of 95% repaints (and some likely EU later, I'm guessing), I think this line is probably going to start struggling a bit on a go-forward basis.  No backing out at this point for me though, since I'm complete aside from that damned gold X-Wing exclusive which I passed on at C2...  >:(

But in an effort to combat last week's price hikes at Target, I found one store today that still had all their $4.99 tags up on the pegs (though the ships were scanning at the new $5.89 price.  So I took their entire stash of 9 ships, along with several of their price tags, and went to the register and asked for them all at the price shown on the tags, which they fortunately went along with.  So I'll just hang on to them all for a while, and then return them in place of the new waves when I eventually find them.  Integrity be damned.

And yes, that Viper and forthcoming Cylon Raider look way too sweet to pass up.  I've even been fighting the urge lately to pick up several of the Vipers to create a little squadron, since they're starting to pop up all over the place over the past couple of weeks.  I'll just stick with my one, hopefully.  I assume nothing ever came of the discussion of variant Vipers, right?  Just the one classic version is all we know of so far, correct?  I think it was 'Bug whose old eyes were seeing a slightly different paint scheme in one of the pix, IIRC...

Lastly, that Paploo Speederbike piece is definitely no longer a "chase" item.  It's hanging by the buttload at nearly every store I go into now.  Couldn't find it for the life of me for many months, and now they're up to 6 or 8 deep at many stores.  I guess that's cool for anyone still in need, but it's gonna become a pegwarmer at this pace.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 18, 2007, 01:52 PM »
I'm sorry, who are you?

As for the Viper, yeah, it was just my old, paranoid eyes looking too closely.  Three Vipers thus far, no more. 

As for the price increases, if it's any consolation they jumped them $2 per up here ::)  One store was running them at $7.98 but the other two were $5.98 before Christmas.  Now that new stuff has started showing they're all at the higher price point, which is much more scary, so repaints can sit for all I care.  BBTS released a bunch of the newer stuff as in stock this weekend, but I'm waiting to see if I can't score the BSG stuff and newer waves from Hasbrotoyshop again. 

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 18, 2007, 02:25 PM »
Lastly, that Paploo Speederbike piece is definitely no longer a "chase" item.  It's hanging by the buttload at nearly every store I go into now.  Couldn't find it for the life of me for many months, and now they're up to 6 or 8 deep at many stores.  I guess that's cool for anyone still in need, but it's gonna become a pegwarmer at this pace.

i never noticed paploo as a chase. everytime i see him its by the dozens. if i was in to this line id probably buy him but there isnt really anything special.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 18, 2007, 03:44 PM »

i never noticed paploo as a chase. everytime i see him its by the dozens. if i was in to this line id probably buy him but there isnt really anything special.

That's because in Canada he isn't really a chase figure and has been common as dirt from the start.  He appears to have been put into Canadian release cases in place of the Battlestar Galactica Ships that aren't released north of the border.  In the US, at least initially, Paploo was very hard to come by and regarded as a chase piece.  I believe Hasbro also mentioned it as being a chase piece. 

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 18, 2007, 04:58 PM »

That's because in Canada he isn't really a chase figure and has been common as dirt from the start.  He appears to have been put into Canadian release cases in place of the Battlestar Galactica Ships that aren't released north of the border.  In the US, at least initially, Paploo was very hard to come by and regarded as a chase piece.  I believe Hasbro also mentioned it as being a chase piece. 

ohhh makes sense.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 21, 2007, 11:43 PM »
Picked up the Classic Cylon Raider and Pegasus at Target today. :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 22, 2007, 01:34 AM »
Picked up the Classic Cylon Raider and Pegasus at Target today. :)
Nice Darth_Anton, I was going to ask if anyone has seen these at retail yet.  Bummer, I won't have time to hunt until probably Friday.  I hope I'll find them by the end of the weekend.   8)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 01:40 AM by King_Maul »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2007, 02:09 AM »
Yep, nice find Anthony.  Sounds like Jesse James found the 4 new Star Wars vehicles tonight as well, so wave 2 is definitely trickling out now.  I'll definitely be picking up both the SW and classic BSG ships from this wave.  I haven't followed the BSG line at all, but are they making that Cylon command ship/city thing?  No idea what it's called, but it's like two diamond shaped things stuck together, where that Imperius Leader dude resided.  That's really the only other main "vehicle" I recall from BSG, other than the Viper, Raider and Pegasus, so I'd probably take one of those too, if they ever made it...

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #326 on: March 22, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Man I have to go check now. I love this line and cant't wait to get more !!! lol.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2007, 08:51 PM »
I haven't followed the BSG line at all, but are they making that Cylon command ship/city thing?  No idea what it's called, but it's like two diamond shaped things stuck together, where that Imperius Leader dude resided.
Matt, you're referring to the Cyclon Basestar.  I haven't heard that one will be made.  I'd definitely be on board to pick one up as well.  Only if they kept the Ultra line alive, this would have been a nice Ultra ship.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 23, 2007, 12:35 AM »
Classic Vipers are back in stock at Hasbrotoyshop.com

Use this code for a discount CATCOM10

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 23, 2007, 01:46 AM »
Looks like they're out again on the vipers...