Author Topic: Shipping Experiences?  (Read 4694 times)

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Experiences?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 01:46 PM »
I’ve personally not had a terrible experience with shipping from EE, but then again, I live about 150 miles north of them, so shipping is all within the same state and my latest orders took anywhere between 3-7 days to arrive.

That said, I had an extremely annoying shipping experience with Hasbro Pulse. I ordered the Black Series 6” Snowspeeder from them on June 26, 2020, because it was in stock there and my existing order for the same item with EE was showing an estimated arrival date in August. Always cooler to get something early, right? I don’t remember if I had the option to select the shipping service/speed when placing the order, but ultimately the item was shipped via FedEx Smart Post.

The shipping notice from Hasbro Pulse came on June 28 and it took about 3 days for the package to show up in the FedEx system on July 1. The package was initially slated to arrive July 8. Tracking showed the package made it out to Industry, CA, where it proceeded to sit for about 5 days, missing the initial delivery date estimate. The package showed status pending for a couple days before updating to show  it had been transferred to the USPS in my hometown for a July 11 delivery date. July 11 came and went with the package yet again showing status pending. This lasted for a week and I had no idea where my package was. I filed a “where’s my package” claim with USPS and eventually the shipping status was updated. The item arrived on July 20, about 25 days after I had placed the order!

I’ve not had an in-country order ever take that long... It was funny as while I was waiting for the Hasbro Pulse package, the Black Series Snowspeeder showed up on Amazon and I got it in 2 days, a week before the package from Hasbro came. The Hasbro package was thankfully well packed and the item’s box is perfect. I’ve decided to keep that Snowspeeder as a boxed vehicle.

Point in short: never use FedEx Smart Post as a shipping option!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 10:17 AM »
My record with them was 23 days, but my latest shipment made it in 13 days.  Land speed record!!!

Got a shipping notice from EE last night (case of VC140 Stormtroopers).  This will be my first EE "super saver" shipment since Nov-2019.  Let's see how long it takes Newgistics to get the package from CA to MN.

9/28, 1:17am - Shipping Label Created
9/28, 8:30pm - Arrived Shipping Partner Facility - Bloomington, CA
9/29, 12:42pm - Departed Shipping Partner Facility - Bloomington, CA
9/29, 7:00pm - Arrived Shipping Partner Facility - Bloomington, CA
10/1, 7:06am - Arrived Shipping Partner Facility - Greenwood, IN
10/1, 4:52pm - Departed Shipping Partner Facility - Greenwood, IN
10/2, 3:07pm - USPS in possession of the item

Estimated Delivery 10/5
« Last Edit: October 4, 2020, 10:32 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 12:55 PM »
80% of my shipment from both Walmart and Amazon have been terrible. Shippers literally forcing items into a box.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: October 6, 2020, 12:41 PM »
9/28, 8:30pm - Arrived Shipping Partner Facility - Bloomington, CA
9/29, 12:42pm - Departed Shipping Partner Facility - Bloomington, CA
9/29, 7:00pm - Arrived Shipping Partner Facility - Bloomington, CA
10/1, 7:06am - Arrived Shipping Partner Facility - Greenwood, IN
10/1, 4:52pm - Departed Shipping Partner Facility - Greenwood, IN
10/2, 3:07pm - USPS in possession of the item

Estimated Delivery 10/5

Well, yesterday came and went and no box from USPS.  Now says:

10/5, 12:00am - In Transit, Arriving Late
10/6, 12:00am - In Transit, Arriving Late

Seven days and counting...
« Last Edit: October 6, 2020, 10:41 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: October 6, 2020, 07:48 PM »
Newjizzstics can suck my butthole over EE shipping.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: October 8, 2020, 10:44 PM »

10/8 delivered.  For some reason, it just kept saying "In Transit, Running Late" until it finally showed up today.

10 days.  Not too terrible, but I can't really understand why the "newjizzstics" (thanks for that one, Jesse) said my post office got it on 10/2 when the local PO clearly didn't get it until yesterday according to the USPS tracking info.   ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2020, 10:06 AM »
10 days.  Not too terrible, but I can't really understand why the "newjizzstics" (thanks for that one, Jesse) said my post office got it on 10/2 when the local PO clearly didn't get it until yesterday according to the USPS tracking info.   ::)

Time for another test of EE's "newjizzstics" shipping service....  this time it's a Carbon Freeze Playset.

Oct 19, 2020  6:03 PM  Merchant Order Receipt Notification, USPS Awaiting Item

And, 4 days later, it hasn't even left California yet.  No estimated delivery data yet. 

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2020, 10:42 AM »

Time for another test of EE's "newjizzstics" shipping service....  this time it's a Carbon Freeze Playset.

Oct 19, 2020  6:03 PM  Merchant Order Receipt Notification, USPS Awaiting Item

And, 4 days later, it hasn't even left California yet.  No estimated delivery data yet.

If its like SmartPost I don't think the tracking updates until it hits the midwest distribution center in Indiana.  It must be moving via another third party.  Really stupid, but my guess is in a few days it'll show "arrived" in Indiana and then you start getting more normal tracking.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2020, 01:26 PM »
I had an....interesting shipping experience this week. Not Star Wars related, but still relevant I think. Months ago I had preordered the Transformers G1 Blaster figure. I had always wanted one as a kid, and thought this was a good chance to grab one. I had since found it at retail (and thought I had cancelled the preordered one, but with all the WM delays/cancellations it is hard to keep it all straight). Anyways, on Tuesday night I go to let our dogs out and there is a Wal-Mart bag hanging on our doorknob. I thought it was strange, but I took a look and low and behold it is Blaster. Beat up box, just tossed in a Wal-Mart bag. They slapped the shipping sticker on the side of the bag and that was that, certainly never had a delivery like that. Now I have a Blaster I don’t necessarily need, and I’ll have to see if I can return it. Aside from that sticker, there was no shipping insert or anything typically used for returns. Strange stuff.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 9, 2021, 12:36 PM »
I still get Star Wars comics shipped to me from Atomic Empire.  They ship "media mail", but it usually only takes 4 or 5 days for their shipments to arrive.

My most recent shipment left North Carolina on December 23rd.  17 days later the package has managed to make it to Des Moines IA, which is 80% of the way to me in Minneapolis MN.

I'm glad I'm not in a hurry to receive these, but sheesh, that is a long time to move a small package halfway across the country.  I guess the Post Office is taking time off after the holiday rush.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2021, 12:45 PM »
I would actually like to tell you about a bad experience with a good ending.

A while back, I preordered two Chirrut Imwe figures from Entertainment Earth.  Late November, my order was updated to show that they shipped and I received a Fed Ex Tracking number.  The tracking number never updated so I had no proof that these ever left the EE warehouse.  I sent a couple of e-mails and did not get a reply, but then used the chat feature on their website and they were able to replace both of my lost figures and they arrived today.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2021, 09:53 AM »
/start sarcasm/
Got a package from HasbroPulse yesterday, and it had three different 6" figures in it!!!  What the heck?!? 
/end sarcasm/

I haven't received a package from Pulse with multiple items in it, probably ever.  Normally I would have received three different packages on a couple different days with one figure in each.

They call came minty as usual, and hopefully this used less natural resources than sending them all separately.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: February 1, 2021, 06:18 PM »
Late November, my order was updated to show that they shipped and I received a Fed Ex Tracking number.  The tracking number never updated so I had no proof that these ever left the EE warehouse.  I sent a couple of e-mails and did not get a reply

This is where I'm at with an EE order.  My two Tantive Hallway sets "shipped" on 1/19 but the FedEx racking number still says "Shipment information sent to FedEx" two weeks later.   ::)

I'm on my second email to CS with no response yet.  I guess I try the chat feature like Matt suggested if I don't hear anything in the next day or two.

I have to say I'm really, really disappointed at how EE's customer service and shipping have fallen off a cliff the last few years.  I know a few others have said the same and I'm sure COVID is affecting things on some level, but I've had more issues with them messing up shipping over the past two years than the 20 years before that combined.  :-\

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 2, 2021, 10:35 PM »
Jeff, they're shipping may be having troubles, but they're customer service is still great.

Use the chat feature.  You won't be disappointed.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 3, 2021, 12:08 AM »
I would actually like to tell you about a bad experience with a good ending.

A while back, I preordered two Chirrut Imwe figures from Entertainment Earth.  Late November, my order was updated to show that they shipped and I received a Fed Ex Tracking number.  The tracking number never updated so I had no proof that these ever left the EE warehouse.  I sent a couple of e-mails and did not get a reply, but then used the chat feature on their website and they were able to replace both of my lost figures and they arrived today.

Well this is awkward.  The original two Chirrut Imwe figures showed up today.
This is the way.

I have spoken.