Author Topic: Recarded rehashes up the ying yang!  (Read 40020 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recarded rehashes up the ying yang!
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2004, 11:10 AM »
I passed yesterday on TRD Vader, Jedi Luke, X-Wing Luke, and several others...  Grabbed Dagobah Wave in its entirety though.

Unless there's a significant enough paint difference, and the figure is "good" to me, I'm going to be passing.

I'll likely nab the Tusken, Jawas, Gammorean, Stormtrooper, TIE Pilot, a 2nd set of Endor Wave (or more) for customs, and possibly anything similar that strikes my fancy, but...

Wicket and lick it....  So can most of the other repacks.  Just not of interest to me.  This includes Bespin Luke, who is irritating because his figure's on clearance at KB.  This is one that shouldn't have been re-released, or redecoed.  To say I wasn't pleased with it in the first place doesn't help my opinion of it now either...

The Jedi Luke was tempting because he looks great on the new card, but then again so do all the figures...  I'm just gonna forget these retreads though.  Carded guys are going nuts and it'll be my little bit of help to them to not hog up most of any of this stuff.   ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2004, 11:10 AM »
So far, from the cases I pre-ordered, in addition to the new figs (Dagobah and Bespin), I've nabbed a Han, Chewie, R2, and 3PO on OTC cards to keep.  

The rest of the re-card stuff from my cases is being sold off to local friends and/or anyone else who might be interested in buying my extra OTC figures.  (another shameless plug) :)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2004, 07:13 PM »
Ok, now that many people are starting to see the recarded rehashes actually on the pegs...are you picking them up or passing on them?

I picked up an X-Wing Luke since I never picked up the POTJ woodchuck version.  I also picked up a couple of Stormtroopers and I plan on nabbing the 'new' clean version of Bespin Luke whenever I see it.  Other than that, I've passed up most of the recarded figs.  Nice packaging, though, particularly C-3PO's.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline habs98

• Jedi Initiate
  • Think before you speak to me!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2004, 07:16 PM »
Picked up the Dagobah Wave today at Walmart.  Still can't find that Handstand Luke though, anyone help a brother out?  Trying to find 2 MOC carded.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2004, 01:57 PM »
Up for preorder at EE

Wave 11

Wave 11.5

SilverZ

« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2004, 03:37 PM »
That Wave 11.5 looks like the one I'm going with. Pretty much fills the holes of what I need, assuming they don't go and switch ratios again, though I'd really like to see them ship out the Endor Generals in a case at 2x a piece. Han is good custom fodder.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2004, 03:59 PM »
Han is the only Endor figure I cannot find in multiples out here.  Dale is still looking for one I think.  The others can be found with relatively little problem.  Well, one small problem, they are on trilogo cards, so I haven't been grabbing them up for trade bait.  

As to the question, I plan on getting the new figures and then the imperials, at least Vader, biker scout and a stormtrooper.  The cards are very nice indeed but it would seem most of what we'll see is the wacky starburst card that is generic to Canadian cards.  

The release has been so spotty thus far that every day I go home and make sure I didn't dream up finding the Dagobah Four.  Sure enough, they're on a shelf at home, but I found the only case that seems to exist thus far locally.  Han/Chewie/Luke x/Luke Jedi were the other four in the case with 2x of each that I bought.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2004, 04:00 PM »
Hey Brent,

I'll take 2 Madines if you can get them :-*

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2004, 04:04 PM »
Hell yeah.  I'd take 1 of each for customs purposes myself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2004, 04:56 PM »
Duly noted, Madine's shall be cleared from the pegs at the earliest convenience.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

SilverZ

« Reply #160 on: August 6, 2004, 10:27 PM »
Picked up my case with the Jawas, Snowtrooper, and Tusken Raider it it today. I have to say that the Tusken and Jawas are the right way to do recards, like discussed earlier. I cracked open both and their detail when compared to the originals is miles better. The Snowtrooper is exactly the same as far as I can tell.

I'm still a little perplexed with the choice they've made with the figure versions though.  :-\ Why not use the Jawa/Gonk set version with it's superior legs and skirt? Why use the POTJ Tusken when the Saga one was arguably better and less widely distributed? Strange.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2004, 02:18 PM »
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2004/OTC38imptroop.jpg

Huh...found at a Wal Mart in AZ...different hair...yawn, wake me when the Naboo Crew shows up

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2004, 05:56 PM »
I've been reading how excited people are on OTC, and I have to admit I'm happier now than I was before, but these are NOT "flying" off shelves anymore.

Like all things, they're starting to glut now...  I mean, the Han's are a dme a dozen and have been...  Wicket's now becoming a warmer, as are the Dagobah Wave (all new figures to boot).

The Snowtrooper's a HUGE pegwarmer here now, and I again attribute that to the figure being a less than stellar army building example.

The X-Wing Luke's sitting some and Jedi Luke, because he was just out on Saga cards, is DEFINITELY sitting. 

The OTC isn't miraculously "better" than Saga was or anything that people around the net are seemingly claiming.  It just hasn't shipped heavily or steadily till now, and now that it is, it's sitting.  Cards don't sell figures, no matter how nice they are, and OTC's now proving that.

Fortunately TRU's are having a nice sale that's helping me justify some purchases I might not have made otherwise at WM's and TRU stores...   Picked up some repaints and such because of that.

Now if the Endor wave would show, I bet those would move...  Or if the Bespin Wave showed in any decent quantity it'd move for a time.

Right now though, OTC's ok, but it's no more special than any other line, and the repacks that AREN'T special at all are really sitting...  The Han was the first, but he's being supported by many now.

SilverZ

« Reply #163 on: November 3, 2004, 01:02 AM »
Hmmm... where to post this...

I finally found openers of the Gamorrean Guard OTC recard/repaint today. I've gotta say, I friggin' bow before the quality of the Pig's sculpt. I've been reminded by his feet that this was (c) 1997. Wow. The sculpt sure holds up well today!

I always thought it was a good POTF2 figure, but tonight, when comparing the new paint to the old, they've actually made a good figure great. The only thing I could really criticize the figure for at 2005 standards is articulation.

I'm actually happy with something. I don't know how to handle this.  8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 3, 2004, 10:46 AM »
I'm glad to hear the positive review of the piglet.  I don't have a modern Gam. Guard in the collection, and it was actually one of the OTC figures I was looking forward to the most.  Out of the handful I still check for, this is the one I really want to pick up one way or another.  Glad to hear that it turned out great, and they paint took it up another notch!