Author Topic: Cup o' Joe?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Cup o' Joe?
« on: December 2, 2003, 11:04 PM »
Anyone here drink coffee?  I never used to until we had our son...it was the end of the winter and I sorta got hooked.  Well with winter returning again I have gotten into a coffee habit again.  Warms me up on the way to work plus that added caffiene buzz starts the brain working

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Cup o' Joe?
« Reply #1 on: December 2, 2003, 11:07 PM »
Frozen Cap's are my favorite, but I like just about all kinds of coffee stuff. Just not too hot or bold...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 2, 2003, 11:35 PM »
Cannot stand the stuff.  Smell is ok, but hate the taste (like Coffee Crisp though ::)).  Parents used to own a store called The Second Cup, essentially an eastern competitor to Starbucks.  Worked there for two years, never had a cup.  Everybody thought I had the greatest job in the world.  

Every Saturday morning I had to open the store by 8:30 (it was in a mall and we sold a ton of coffee by 9:30 to staff).  I usually got home, liquored out of my tree at around 3 am.  I slept like a rock, my dad would drive me to work (smart man, wouldn't give me the keys) and I would sober up while working.  Talk about pain :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 3, 2003, 07:20 AM »
Been drinking it since I was about 16.  In fact, I'm drinking some as I type this. Regular for me with sugar and half and half.  Most times it's two cups in the morning and that's about it.  Sometimes, though, I'll have a cup in the afternoon before I leave work or after dinner when we go out.

The wife drinks coffee a lot.  Probably five to six cups a day.  I asked her why she drinks so much.  She then preceded to ask me why I drink so much Coke.  She got me there.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 3, 2003, 08:07 AM »
I don't drink it normally, but if we are somewhere that will amuse me and put about 90% Half and Half with sugar and about 10% coffee then I'll drink it.

It shocks people because my dad is known for being a coffee ZEALOT.   It is amazing.

Of course, if our 2 year old daughter has a rough night and it is my turn to get up early with her, I'll down a few cups.

The last cup of coffee I had was at Starbucks, it is Vanilla Latte with 8 pumps of Vanilla (cream and sugar too of course).

I usually just wake up, grab a coke and head into the day.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 3, 2003, 08:49 AM »
Coffee is a must at home for Sue- I can go without, but there are those days that I do crave a cup. I like almost anykind and like the "gourmet" flavors they sell.  Theres this caramel nut flavored one thats great with a little sugar and cream. Usually its strong and with a little sugar for me. If I have to much though my stomach gets the acid burn.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: December 3, 2003, 10:12 AM »
On Fridays I'll usually splurge at the local Starbucks for a White Chocolate Mocha, otherwise I'll make a cup for on the way to work with some cream (usually flavored) and 2 Splenda's

There is another local shop in our office complex and I'll sometimes get a large cup there...good stuff.  I never thought I would enjoy coffee, late night college resturaunt runs and breakfast at Perkins after a night of tipping a few sort of started it.  My wife likes  acup every now and then as well (except now when she is pregnant ;))