Author Topic: Guitar Hero / Rock Band  (Read 50989 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Guitar Hero / Rock Band
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2009, 06:17 PM »

Being able to play all my songs off of one disc is an incredibly appealing feature to me,

If only those ******* would just steal something else from Harmonix and make all of those songs exportable. . .

Will love it even more if the songs are exportable.

OCD

I also wish it were possible to make all of Ruiner's posts exportable to somewhere where people might actually give a **** about them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:17 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Meh, he's a prick anyway. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2009, 10:03 PM »

I second that.  Feel free to attack us as you may Matt.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #228 on: April 29, 2009, 04:22 PM »

I second that.  Feel free to attack us as you may Matt.

Thank you, sir, and please, feel free to remain creepy.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 29, 2009, 05:03 PM »
It would appear that Matty B. has a new friend.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2009, 05:23 PM »
I also wish it were possible to make all of Ruiner's posts exportable to somewhere where people might actually give a **** about them.

Didn't come true.  :(

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 30, 2009, 02:18 PM »
You'd miss me if I left.

Really, you would.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #232 on: May 10, 2009, 11:55 PM »
Rumored:

Hard Rock: Van Halen (August)
Guitar Hero 5 (September)
DJ Hero (October)
Band Hero (November)

Confirmed.

Activision continues to "exploit" its Guitar Hero franchise this year with three new full titles coming this autumn. The newly announced Guitar Hero 5 will offer "the ability to drop in and out of songs and change band members, instruments and difficulty levels on the fly." The press release contains no other details regarding the game, but you can bet it'll be pretty similar to Guitar Hero: World Tour.

Band Hero is the second of Activision's Hero trifecta for this fall. Don't be confused, Band Hero is completely separate from Guitar Hero. Except it's very similar -- it's Activision's attempt at a family-oriented Guitar Hero game, rated E10+, and will be facing off against Harmonix's Lego Rock Band later this year.

Finally, DJ Hero is something we've been hearing a lot of murmurs about for a while. It will feature "diverse music genres including hip-hop, R&B, Motown, electronica and dance" and will include the turntable controller, images of which we posted earlier. Apparently the title "transforms players into DJs who rule the club scene by creating original mixes of popular songs and music from the world's most exciting artists and DJs." We have to wonder, does the world need this many heroes?

Those Van Halen boys are likely happy today, as it marks the end of their need for silence regarding their long-rumored video game: Guitar Hero: Van Halen. Activision has confirmed to Joystiq that the title is in development and will release sometime during the second half of this year. Activision could not confirm any songs, and only said the game will contain Van Halen's "greatest hits," as well as guest acts such as Queen, Weezer, blink-182, The Offspring, Queens of the Stone Age, and more.

We've put in word to Activision to clarify if the game will be all David Lee Roth, or if fans will also get some Sammy Hagar and some Gary Cherone love. Well, okay, maybe not Gary Cherone. Nobody liked that guy.

Update: Activision's Senior Vice President of Global Brand Management (whew!) told us, "Oh this is definitely Van Halen, not Van Hagar," which is a plus since David Lee Roth is back with the band and they just finished a successful tour. There's a very slim chance that the rockers might show up at E3, so keep your eyes and ears peeled.

You'd miss me if I left.

Really, you would.

Like the deserts miss the rain, buddy.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 11, 2009, 10:11 AM »
Yes, but does not the desert yearn for the rain that will never come?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #234 on: May 11, 2009, 12:28 PM »
Sir, you just blew my mind.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 12, 2009, 12:31 AM »
Meh, not so keen on any of those releases.  Van Halen maybe, but I was hoping they'd include a bit of Van Hagar if only so that Heavy Metal would have made the track listing. 

In time I can see myself purchasing the Van Halen/GH5 versions, but no rush on that stuff any more than Metallica.  I think I'll aim for a $29.99 purchase price.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2009, 12:56 AM »
PearlJam.com has something about one of those games a few days ago:

Pearl Jam Rock Band Project Coming Next Year

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2009, 01:22 AM »
Very cool.  8)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2009, 03:25 PM »
As long as they work Yellow Ledbetter in somewhere, that PJ thing should be pretty cool.  I'm gonna try my best to get the version of Better Man from the show I went to in there.

USA Today reveals some more details about GH 5

Promising track list already:

Songs:  Tom Petty (Runnin Down a Dream) and the White Stripes (Blue Orchid). Other new tunes on the songlist: The Rolling Stones (Sympathy for the Devil), Bob Dylan (All Along The Watchtower), Santana (No One To Depend On), Vampire Weekend (A-Punk), Johnny Cash (Ring of Fire) and Kings of Leon (Sex on Fire).

And those wanting some funky music can rock to Stevie Wonder’s Superstition.

I don't think I've mentioned this in here before, but I really hope those tracks are exportable (or at least that the songs from the older games will be exportable into this one).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2009, 06:18 PM »
I don't think I've mentioned this in here before, but I really hope those tracks are exportable (or at least that the songs from the older games will be exportable into this one).

I have no recollection of you saying that.  Good idea.