Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 336061 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #1350 on: July 17, 2015, 10:25 PM »
I don't give a **** what her name is as long as she shows up in a skintight costume.  I've had the hots for Evangeline since Lost.  Pretty awkward during the last two Hobbit films where I got wood because she was dressed as an elf.

Guess I'll have to wait until Cap:Civil War to see her in the skintight suit but she's going to look great in it. 

Another solid film in the MCU. Not top three (those are Winter Soldier, GotG and the first Avengers for me) but probably in the top five/six somewhere with the first Iron Man and AoU.  Loved the Falcon scenes and the antics of the heist crew. Paul Rudd was the perfect casting with the tone of the humor in the movie. Now I need to wait a few weeks to see him in Wet Hot American Summer:First Day of Camp.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1351 on: July 23, 2015, 10:13 PM »
Just got back from Ant Man, liked it and I think I like it better than Avengers 2...way better pacing and action, loved the final fight even if they spoiled some of the scenes in the trailer

After it was done my son said "That was the exact same plot as Iron Man" and thinking about it, it is which didn't make it any less cool but it really is the same story with the evil businessmen and amazing suits

Really looking forward to Civil War!!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1352 on: July 24, 2015, 12:34 AM »
Saw Ant-Man last Friday and loved it. Blew Avengers 2 away. Great movie.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 26, 2015, 05:35 PM »
Caught Ant Man last weekend and it easily cracked the top five from Marvel for me.  Great storyline and the right mix of action and humor with lots of little ties into the bigger Marvel U. I keep waiting for something Marvel to fail,  but everything they touch turns to gold. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1354 on: August 3, 2015, 11:23 AM »
Deadpool trailer announcement trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZHBjyUGhQ
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 4, 2015, 09:12 PM »
Caught Ant Man last weekend and it easily cracked the top five from Marvel for me.  Great storyline and the right mix of action and humor with lots of little ties into the bigger Marvel U. I keep waiting for something Marvel to fail,  but everything they touch turns to gold.
EVERYONE is waiting for Marvel to fail. I actually saw someone predicting that Cap 3 will be the one. My bet is this person probably predicted that every picture since Avengers is goinG to be the one. Sooner or later, they will be right, I suppose.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1356 on: August 5, 2015, 07:22 AM »
Deadpool actual trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKWUTwSYAs

NSFW, obviously.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 5, 2015, 09:35 AM »
Yikes! I assume this one is going to be R-rated.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1358 on: August 5, 2015, 09:45 AM »
I'm not much of a Marvel guy, so the only thing I know about Deadpool is that he's insanely popular and he's not at all like that one Wolverine movie where he was played by... Ryan Reynolds?

Speaking of which, is this Deadpool supposed to be based on that movie at all?  Or is this a Deadpool reboot that just happens to star the same guy who played him before in a movie that everyone wants to ignore ever happened?

Nice burn on the Green Lantern movie costume though... I guess Ryan Reynolds still hates that CGI monstrosity.  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1359 on: August 5, 2015, 10:11 AM »
There's a nice burn on the X-Men Origins: Wolverine version of Deadpool in the preview trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZHBjyUGhQ

Both characters are played by Reynolds.  And given that Deadpool has the unique superpower of knowing he's a character in a comic book (and we assume, a movie), and routinely breaks the fourth wall, it has the potential to get ridiculously meta.

I think you could probably reason with the time travel stuff that went on in Days of Future Past that the Weapon X program that developed Wolverine and Deadpool in Origins never existed.  As I understand it, Deadpool does exist in the Fox X-Universe.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 5, 2015, 11:42 AM »
I finally saw Ant Man last night and thought it was pretty great. Corey Stoll is on quite a roll. Curious to see if he shaves his head next week on The Strain...

Loved the 2 post cred scenes also. I was the only one in the theater who stayed long enough to see the last one. Dopes!

Why the mystery around Janet Van Dyne though? The fact that the picture at the end completely obscured her face with that silly hat seemed like an odd swerve. (BTW, who would keep a photo like that of their dead wife? Maybe pick one where you can actually see her face?) I can only assume she will show up later down the line somewhere and they wanted to keep their options open for casting?

Every time they showed that little tank keychain i kept thinking "MacGuffin!" and sure enough.  ;)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1361 on: August 5, 2015, 11:53 AM »
MacGuffin is a random item that the characters are searching for.  Typically, you can swap out anything for the MacGuffin and the plot won't really change.  But I know what you meant - they were foreshadowing.  But it's kind of a big plot hole - if Pym Particles reduce the distance between atoms, the weight of the object should be unchanged.  You wouldn't be carrying around 10-ton tank in your pocket.

I think you're right about casting Janet Van Dyne.  I expect Hank Pym will attempt to save his wife from the Quantum Zone in Ant-Man 2, now that he's been shown a way to survive the trip.  And since time is meaningless in the QZ, they probably wanted to keep the casting options wide open.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1362 on: August 5, 2015, 12:02 PM »
Every time they showed that little tank keychain i kept thinking "MacGuffin!" and sure enough.  ;)

MacGuffin is a random item that the characters are searching for.  Typically, you can swap out anything for the MacGuffin and the plot won't really change.  But I know what you meant - they were foreshadowing. 

The term is Chekhov's gun - "If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don't put it there." 

If you have a tank keychain in the first act...  :)
« Last Edit: August 5, 2015, 12:03 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1363 on: August 5, 2015, 12:06 PM »
Hey - like the sword in Gremlins!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 5, 2015, 01:09 PM »
But it's kind of a big plot hole - if Pym Particles reduce the distance between atoms, the weight of the object should be unchanged.  You wouldn't be carrying around 10-ton tank in your pocket.

Pym particles don't just alter the space between atoms.  From the Marvel Wiki:

"Originally, Pym Particles were only used to decrease the size and mass of organic and inorganic materials. With some alterations, Pym was able to increase the size and mass of subjects as well. The Pym Particles work by stunting matter into the Kosmos Dimension when shrinking a subject or accruing extra matter from that dimension when enlarging."
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today