Author Topic: Solo (SPOILERS)  (Read 166506 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Solo (SPOILERS)
« Reply #15 on: July 8, 2015, 11:16 AM »
And then there's this graphic that got leaked this morning that revealed the working title of FETT/SOLO - Anthology.  So will we wind up with Temuera Morrison stepping in to play Boba Fett if this is legit?

Some interesting tidbits from a Disney blog -

"That’s right, folks, they used the word characters. That makes us think that there will be additional familiar faces in this new film."

"With the big Star Wars presentation at this year’s San Diego Comic Con scheduled for Friday night and the D23 Expo just around the corner (in August), expect more details (like how this relates to the Star Wars Anthology film that Fantastic Four director Josh Trank recently left) soon."

That last bit about how the Han movie relates to the Anthology film that Trank left (rumored to be a Boba Fett movie) is pretty interesting...  just what are they saying/teasing there? 

Are they teasing the Han Film was the Trank/Fett movie?  If so, that Fett/Solo thing kinda works I guess.

Or maybe they're teasing that these anthology movies aren't as "stand alone" as we previously thought?  Maybe there's a Han Movie, the Fett/Trank movie, and then a Fett/Solo team-up movie???

Or, of course, the graphic could be bogus and the Fett/Solo thing is just fanboy nonsense.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2015, 11:24 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 8, 2015, 11:28 AM »
There is certainly the possibility that the graphic could be bogus.  But with the rumors of Ewan McGregor returning for an Obi-Wan film and previous rumors of Boba Fett being involved in an anthology film?  It gives you the sense that this could be legit.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: July 8, 2015, 11:48 AM »
Or, of course, the graphic could be bogus and the Fett/Solo thing is just fanboy nonsense.

Yep, fake.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 05:14 PM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Check out THIS VARIETY ARTICLE about casting for the Han Solo anthology film.  There is reportedly a short list of actors under consideration for the role of our favorite Corellian smuggler.  That list includes:

Miles Teller - "Whiplash", "Fantastic Four" (2015), "Divergent"
Ansel Elgort - "Divergent", "The Fault In Our Stars"
Dave Franco - "Unfinished Business", "Neighbors", "21 Jump Street"
Jack Reynor - "Transformers: Age of Extinction", "Delivery Man"
Scott Eastwood - "Dawn Patrol", "The Longest Ride"
Logan Lerman - "Fury", "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief"
Emory Cohen - “Brooklyn”
Blake Jenner - "Everybody Wants Some”

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 03:43 PM »
Miles Teller and Ansel Elgort?  Really?  Is early Han a Dejarik chess nerd?  Not overly excited about any of these, but Jack Reynor kind of has that look...

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 11:38 PM »
After careful consideration I have decided that I don't want this movie to happen at all. Han Solo should only be played by Harrison Ford.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 09:28 AM »
I saw Scott Eastwood in that Brad Pitt movie about the WWII Sherman Tank crew, Fury.  He really wasn't a central part of the story, but I think there's a resemblance to a younger Harrison Ford

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 10:05 AM »
What about Anthony Ingruber. He played young Harrison Ford in Age of Adaline. He has the voice down pat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqxTfzgIvSY
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 10:34 AM »
After careful consideration I have decided that I don't want this movie to happen at all. Han Solo should only be played by Harrison Ford.

Yeah, there is an argument to be made that way for sure. Some of the names on that list would be really, really, really bad choices for Han. :(

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 11:21 AM »
I'm completely on board with not making this in to a movie.  For some reason a movie seems like too big of a deal, and I see a lot or risk around casting for this role.

But I'm 100% behind having a "Smugglers" TV/Netflix series featuring young Han, Chewie, Lando, etc.  I think a TV show would have a lot more room to develop the character, create a backstory, find its footing, have a larger supporting cast, etc.

Not sure if they ever got serious about having Ewan do some Kenobi anthology movies, but I would love to see Ewan reprise his role a couple of times.  He was well cast and I think there is plenty of room to tell some Kenobi stories in the 20ish years between ROTS and ANH.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 3, 2016, 11:24 PM »
I vote for no movie too.  You don't just reboot Han Frickin' Solo. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: March 3, 2016, 11:28 PM »
IMO this is a no-win for Disney, but it's one they're wanting to take a look at because hey, Han right?  But they don't really realize who they're dealing with, as far as fans go, I think.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 4, 2016, 11:10 AM »
If they do recast him I sure as hell hope they don't try to turn him into a 22 year old heartthrob.  That short list up there is so uninspiring I don't know where to start.  It's all Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner demographic stuff.

Bad, bad idea.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 6, 2016, 06:59 PM »
If they do recast him I sure as hell hope they don't try to turn him into a 22 year old heartthrob.  That short list up there is so uninspiring I don't know where to start.  It's all Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner demographic stuff.

Bad, bad idea.
In all fairness, those films you mention are mega hits and is easy to see why Disney would be interested in that formula.