Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 216689 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #390 on: July 24, 2009, 05:56 PM »
Hasbro SDCC'09 Comic Pack Slides:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #391 on: July 24, 2009, 06:04 PM »
Ooohh... looks like a Walmart exclusive Dllr Npe & Plourr Ilo comic pack is coming this Fall!  I loves me some more Rogue Squadron Comic Packs!  :)

Yeah, once again WM's packs are actually the most interesting ones.  Go figure. :)  They could give me different pilot headsculpts till the cows come home and I'd buy them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 24, 2009, 08:17 PM »
I've been hoping for a Master Tholme for a while, so I'm glad to see that set.

The WalMart sets look great as well, another trio of good looking sets. I hope these are as easy to score as the WM wave from earlier this year.

I'm looking forward to Darth Nihl and Jareal as well...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #393 on: July 24, 2009, 08:56 PM »
Ooohh... looks like a Walmart exclusive Dllr Npe & Plourr Ilo comic pack is coming this Fall!  I loves me some more Rogue Squadron Comic Packs!  :)

Yeah, once again WM's packs are actually the most interesting ones.  Go figure. :)  They could give me different pilot headsculpts till the cows come home and I'd buy them.

And here I was all ready to contemplate making a Plourr, big ups to Walmart for getting us another cool Rogue pack. Most of these comic packs look great, the clone sets though are such a big snooze to me, they would be considered a waste if it were not for the fact that Hasbro includes these in the assortments so they can bring the goodness to other sets like the Ulic Qel-Droma/Exar Kun set.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 25, 2009, 03:04 AM »
Man, I really love the new comic packs... because I can pass on nearly all of them. :) Definitely getting the Rogue Squadron pack though.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2009, 11:13 AM »
Finally Delia Blue!!!

I'm getting one of each of these comic packs except the blackhole trooper. Not worth it to me.

I'll get some extras of the Kashyyyk Scout/Clone and Cody's LT./Clone.

Now if I can get a couple extra Storm Commando troopers too.

These are decent sets, but the value is starting to wear thin. The whole ida of these was to sell them cheaper than 2 singles carded figures, while maybe not as articulated, and a way to give us obscure characters.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #396 on: July 25, 2009, 12:53 PM »
I hardly ever buy comic packs and it doesn't like that's going to change any time soon.   :(  I will definitely get the Rogues, though this set is much less interesting than the last one, and probably the Utapau clones, since I dig them. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 26, 2009, 12:01 AM »
Just noticed something... looks like Rom Mohc has the dreaded Training Clone legs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 26, 2009, 12:11 AM »
I'm pretty happy with just about all of these.  The Black Hole Stormtrooper with just a lone fig is easily the loser of the bunch.  Tholme and T'ra are my favorite - I never thought these would get made.   Delia and Nihl are a close second.  I like the Jarael and Rohlan set too, but surprised to see his face under the mask.  I haven't read the past few issues - is this actually revealed in one of the recent comics?   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 26, 2009, 04:20 AM »
I barely buy comic packs, I will get the rogues, and the Utapau clones.

I believe the weakest CP is the Kashyyyk Clone AGAIN !! Just put him in the legends already and I not a huge EU fan, so they are a pass.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 26, 2009, 09:35 PM »
Yesterday Derryl DePriest was giving a few people at the Hasbro booth including myself a look at the delayed Camie and Fixer figures. He wasn't letting people take pictures so you'll just have to take my word for it, but they looked great and were actually the deleted scene versions rather than the comic book design, which makes me a lot more interested now. I hope they get released soon! 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 27, 2009, 12:06 AM »
Just noticed something... looks like Rom Mohc has the dreaded Training Clone legs.

The Hasbro kiss of death.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 28, 2009, 11:51 AM »
These are all hit and miss for me. I'm liking all the troop sets, but everything else is too unfamiliar.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:34 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #403 on: July 28, 2009, 01:51 PM »
I like about half of them.  Basically any pack that has someone holding a lightsaber, and the two rebel pilots.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 7, 2009, 10:36 AM »
I cracked open the three new Comic-Packs last night. The only one out of the six figures I'm really happy to have is Sigal Dare. The rest, I'm sure I'll get some affection for once I read the included comics. Well done figures though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."