Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557835 times)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #225 on: January 6, 2012, 12:06 PM »
How strange that this comes up now...I had missed the first three episodes of season 1 and caught up on them yesterday via Netflix.  Loved them....and now I understand more of Merle's story.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 6, 2012, 12:23 PM »
Finished season one yesterday. Loved it. Now it sucks I have no way of watching season 2. What to do? What to do? I did squash the urge to purchase any of the toys though. So that's good.

Though the urge to stop at Half Price Books and see if they have any of the graphic novels is still there.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 6, 2012, 01:23 PM »
AMC has been pretty good about running marathons of The Walking Dead.  You might be able to catch one sometime right before season 2 continues on February 12th.  Might even have one that day, there are only 7 episodes they have to catch up on.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 6, 2012, 01:25 PM »
Finished season one yesterday. Loved it. Now it sucks I have no way of watching season 2. What to do? What to do? I did squash the urge to purchase any of the toys though. So that's good.

Though the urge to stop at Half Price Books and see if they have any of the graphic novels is still there.

You can find some of them on the cheap at places like Barnes and Noble.  I snagged about 2/3 of the graphic novels there, marked down to about $6-7 each.  I caught up on the whole series this way, but have switched over to individual issues as I cannot wait 6-7 months between stories. 

I'm in the same boat on S2 since we don't get the AMC Channel - wish there was some way to watch the episodes online.  Come on AMC.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 6, 2012, 01:33 PM »
My crappy cable provider doesn't have AMC or I'd have been watching it from day one.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 6, 2012, 03:14 PM »
I've thought hard about picking up the graphic novels.  But I'm too engrossed in the show and don't want any spoilers at all.  I understand that the show has deviated from the novels, but there have been indications (saw this on the last Talking Dead) that some more of the novels are going to be put into the show plot.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #231 on: January 7, 2012, 12:30 AM »

You can find some of them on the cheap at places like Barnes and Noble.  I snagged about 2/3 of the graphic novels there, marked down to about $6-7 each.  I caught up on the whole series this way, but have switched over to individual issues as I cannot wait 6-7 months between stories. 

I'm in the same boat on S2 since we don't get the AMC Channel - wish there was some way to watch the episodes online.  Come on AMC.

One of the airmen in my squadron watches the episodes online, but I'm not sure what site it is.  I'll ask him and get back to you.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2012, 07:26 PM »
Realized that I can get the first four episodes of season 2 on the "On Demand" part of my cable without paying for the subscription. I'm recording them as we speak. EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2012, 08:24 PM »
SIAP, but a guy on another site I frequent posted this about what was SUPPOSED to be the Season 2 opener:

From some website:

The opener allegedly flashbacks to the early days of the zombie apocalypse. The entire episode would have tracked a squad of Army Rangers dropping into Atlanta. They get trapped in a zombie outbreak. “All they have to do is travel maybe a dozen blocks, a simple journey, but what starts as a no-brainer scenario goes from ‘the city is being secured’ to ‘holy sh*t, we’ve lost control, the world is ending,’” Darabont describes in a letter to AICN. So, yeah — Black Hawk Down with zombies.

Along the way, the soldiers encounter some familiar faces from the show. “Picture our squad arriving at a manned barricade where some civilians are being held back from leaving the city on shoot-to-kill orders to stop the spread of contagion, it’s a panicked high-intensity scene, and in this crowd of desperate people we find Andrea and Amy. The barricade gunners panic, the civilians start to get mowed down by machine-gun fire, and in this melee the girls get pulled to safety by some old guy they don’t even know. It’s Dale. He’s nobody to them, just some guy who saw the opportunity to do the right thing and reacted in the moment.”

The end of the episode concludes with the last surviving member of the squad, now infected and dying, hiding in a tank. A very familiar tank …
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #234 on: January 13, 2012, 12:31 AM »
I'm kinda glad they didn't do that.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 13, 2012, 09:22 AM »
I think that sounds really cool actually, a good tool for introducing more backstory. Especially good for those of us who still want them to explain how everything got started. (I disagree that this is irrelevant to the story)

I didn't read the source for this, but it seems likely we will still see this episode at some point. Maybe it was already even shot and they are just working on re-ordering the episodes.

Like the Fringe Fall finale was originally supposed to be the kick-butt action packed episode airing tonight, but it got pushed back due to the World Series, so they went with something much less compelling.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2012, 07:02 AM »
Season 3 to have 16 episodes.  I think I can get on board with this.  I know beggars can't be choosers, but I hate short seasons that so many networks seem to be doing.  I understand it's usually a financial issue, but I love me some zombie slayin'.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2012, 08:30 AM »
Caught up!!!!!!! Saw the Sofia thing coming, but still really liked the way it ended. Now I just need my father in law to DVR the episodes starting on the 12th and I should be good to go.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2012, 09:08 AM »
This wait has been too long, it's pointless and irritating.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2012, 01:17 PM »
I am watching for a S2 marathon, so if anyone catches wind of it, a head's up here would be super-appreciated!