Author Topic: "Other" Star Wars Animated Series Rumors  (Read 3997 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
"Other" Star Wars Animated Series Rumors
« on: June 8, 2009, 11:46 AM »
I was just listening to the Force Cast where they mentioned that they received a rumor from one of their insiders that there are multiple animated series in various stages of work at Lucasfilm.  In addition to Clone Wars, they mentioned a Galactic Heroes focused toon and one "aimed at older fans".  I don't know if that means Original Trilogy (would be great) or what, but just some rumors I thought I'd pass along.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: "Other" Star Wars Animated Series Rumors
« Reply #1 on: June 8, 2009, 12:03 PM »
they mentioned a Galactic Heroes focused toon

Isn't Hasbro/Marvel doing a new cartoon this Fall for the SuperHeroSquad figures?  If so, doing one for SW GH figures too would make a lot of sense.  Even if it doesn't make it to air, it could still be made cheaply and then slapped onto DVDs and included as a promo/commercial with things like the Cinema Scenes and whatnot...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 8, 2009, 12:13 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is a SuperHero Squad toon on the way this fall.  There might have even been a trailer around at some point, I'm not sure.  I could see a Galactic Heroes toon coming about just because of that.  I think that line really took off more than Hasbro expected, and a toon would make sense.  Like you said Jeff, it would make a nice promo pack-in as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 11:26 AM »
Rumors popping up once again regarding a Galactic Heroes cartoon.  Seems like a no-brainer to me, as it seems like the Super Hero Squad one is pretty popular (our daughter loves it anyways).  Sure, it will be aimed at the youngins, but I think it could be a neat idea.  Not sure about the name mentioned in this article, "Squishies" though, although that could just be a rumor as well.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 09:24 AM »
No idea where to post this, and I don't feel like starting a new thread, but did anyone else catch Mark Hamill on the Boondocks last night? Uproarious!

He voiced a weed dealer with a special strain of chronic called "skywalker"...  8)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 11:18 PM »
Oh wow, I need to track that down. There was an episode a few weeks ago where they flashed back to the ESB premiere in 1980, and the Grandpa got a lot of "action" by telling women he was Billy Dee Williams.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks