Author Topic: Dead Like Me  (Read 1348 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Dead Like Me
« on: July 13, 2003, 01:43 AM »
Anyone watch this new Showtime series? Its actually pretty funny.

Basically, the premise is this: Girl dies, girl meets "undead", who are employeed as grim reapers, girl becomes grim reaper. Grim reapers take souls. Its a comedy (I mean, duh! Come on!). Kind of like what happens after Six Feet Under, but funnier.

And, it has Mandy Patinkon in it
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Dead Like Me
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 12:50 PM »
I was thinking of starting the same topic. :)

I really like this show. At first when I saw previews I was thinking how stupid this is goign to be. Then I watched the pilot and I liked it. Like you said it is a very funny show.

The language is a bit raw but for the premise of the show it works. The cast works very well together. This is a show that I hope lasts a long time.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Master Chief

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • If you're stupid, then please CLICK HERE.
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Like Me
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 11:05 PM »
Definitly like this show. I got hooked after I saw my dad watching it. I asked what was this show, watched on Showtime demand, and now I'm hooked ever since the pilot.

SPOILER

Last week esipode was funny,with the animal protestors being mauled by the bear and the news guy died being eletrotuiced(sp) after pissing on the cables when he was scared **** from the bear being released by mistake. Lol. :)
Master Chief:  Has anyone else made it out of Halo alive?

Cortana: No, it just dust and echo...We're all that lefts...We did it, we saved earth, we had no choice..it over...we're done.