Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 349648 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #1005 on: September 8, 2009, 07:43 PM »
Hm.  Well, IMO if you're going to make this book "Hunter" into a film, make it.  But don't make it a Rambo movie.  If he's desparate to make another Rambo film he could, just don't bastardize two properties to do it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 9, 2009, 12:12 AM »
Went and saw Inglourious Basterds with my brothers yesterday, while I'm not someone who really likes Tarantino's way of making his movies into mini subplots where at the end they all come together, I enjoyed this movie.  Some of the ending scenes where great I thought in the way he made them.  I did feel that the some of the Basterds should of been in it more however. 

WTF... over! Roll Eyes

Stallone is Turning Hunter Into Rambo V 

I hope that someone tells Stallone to leave Rambo out of this story he is trying to put together.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 9, 2009, 10:33 AM »
I read a quick review yesterday, might have been linked from IMDB, and the guy that wrote it panned the film. 

That's often the case.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 10, 2009, 11:02 AM »
Saw 9 last night and really liked it.  The screen that the local theater had it on kind of sucked but the film looked great.  There was a little lack of character development in the film but the plot was pretty clear, and they used flashbacks to fill in some of the story.

It's short and the film does fly by because there's so much action going on but I don't know if making it longer would have served the film much better except maybe a little more time with the characters.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 10, 2009, 11:22 AM »
I'm going for 9 on Saturday.  Looks like a fun lil flick.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 12, 2009, 05:57 PM »
I'm going for 9 on Saturday.  Looks like a fun lil flick.

It was fun for the most part.  Should have waited to rent it though.  Nothing spectacular.  I must have missed the whole soul thing or I was just bored and didn't pay enough attention.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 12, 2009, 10:11 PM »
This may not be big news to some, but I was happy to hear it.  Disney has announced a new Muppet movie is in the works, titled the Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made.  Apparently the title was originally conceived by Jim Henson back in 1985.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 13, 2009, 12:22 AM »
Cool! So they really are going to do "The cheapest muppet movie ever made". I read the script a year or two ago and it was fun.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 14, 2009, 10:31 AM »
It's an older movie, but if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend running out and renting Spartacus, a true epic with outstanding performances, flawless political maneuvering and awe inspiring battle scenes. It had been forever since I've seen it, but it holds up brilliantly. It even makes me cry.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 14, 2009, 11:16 AM »
Looking forward to the Toy Story 1 & 2 double feature in a few weeks.  Never saw those on the big screen so it should be fun.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 18, 2009, 01:24 PM »
You'd think with Megan Fox's new found stardom from Transformers that she'd get something better than "Jennifer's Body". That looks like it could be one of the worst movies ever.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 18, 2009, 03:15 PM »
You'd think with Megan Fox's new found stardom from Transformers that she'd get something better than "Jennifer's Body". That looks like it could be one of the worst movies ever.

Yet, apparently, the reviews may be better than for Transformers

I'm probably going to see this, and I'm not going to lie, I'm mostly going to see Fox but I'm also a fan of Amanda Seyfried.  If the movie is at least half-way decent, even better.

E...

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 18, 2009, 09:45 PM »
Jennifer's Body is actually a pretty funny movie.  As funny as it is scary/thrilling.  Which, actually, probably makes it better.  It was definitely better than Gamer, possibly even better than 9 which was more about the accomplishment in technology/art than it was in plot and story anyway.

Megan's part definitely didn't tax her acting abilities but she did a good job.  Amanda Seyfried does a great job, but I wouldn't really have expecte less. 

It's probably not going to burn up the box office but it's a decent film.  If you have a rainy Sunday afternoon and want to catch a fun movie, and you haven't seen District 9 (or it's not playing) this may be the best thing out there right now.

E...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 19, 2009, 03:45 AM »
Checked out District 9 tonight, good flick. How many times can Wikus say fuk!   :D