Multimedia > TV-9D9

Star Wars Rebels - Season 2 (Spoilers)

<< < (2/41) > >>

Jesse James:
I didn't mind Ahsoka as an apprentice, personally...  For me, his training her was something the war kind of was pushing (lack of Masters, and need for more apprentices).  I also think it's likely everyone had many masters in their upbringing.  Almost like sub-apprentices.  I think it was a complex thing.

Regarding A-Wings, when I got into SW at first I always viewed them as a Rebellion-only kind of a ship, ala the B-Wing, and something (since we didn't see them anywhere in the movies) that was new to the universe around the time of ROTJ...  It wasn't till I played X-Wing that my thought on that was challenged somewhat, and they were placed a good deal earlier (Pre-ANH era).  Then ultimately the ICS ran with that as well, sneaking some of the earlier model A-Wings into the Yavin Temple Hangar cutaway and stuff, and I thought it was neat that they possibly DID have more.

Likewise Vader's TIE wasn't as unique as it seemed, and that model sans hyperdrive existed to elite pilots.  It's another challenge to the scenario the movies set up.

I've said it before regarding what Disney's doing...  To me, they're no different than EU authors, and I'm sure people will like or hate a lot of what they do.  I don't personally view them as an authority.  It's like someone writing new LOTR fiction and saying it's on a level with what Tolkien wrote...  As much as Lucas can be annoying, he still is the universe's creator so I tend to view this Disney stuff as secondary to him, ultimately.  I've never quite understood why people were bent outta shape on the EU situation because of that.  Enjoy it.  They can't make it disappear from your mind, so just have fun with what you like, and how you enjoy Star Wars.

Anyway, I dig seeing Ahsoka and I'm under the assumption she will be offed at some point by Vader.  I'd be shocked if this didn't happen, actually, and possibly before ANH, to better help seal up the whole Jedi being extinct thing.  Maybe not, I don't know.  She may have left the order but she was still a Jedi.

jedipurge:
Gellar will be the new Inquisitor (mara jade possibly)   :)

and i did notice there is a curvature to Ahsoka's new sabers when she was coming down the ladder. who else had curved saber hilts? Ventress. so wondering if there was sometime in between her departing the Jedi Temple and Rebels that Ahsoka and Ventress spent together. who knows what if Ventress also had a hand in starting the Rebellion.

Some people may or may not have liked Starkiller, but i think most people liked the storyline of the first game anyways. but i'd like to see that character somehow re-intro'd into Rebels.

Phrubruh:
Well Ahsoka and Ventress were buddies at the end there. Maybe they trained each other in combat? The good girl and the goth girl as rebel roommates?

Darby:
I'm hopeful we see Asajj again, and maybe as partners in crime (ok, armed rebellion) with Ahsoka. These two are totally the Harley and Ivy of the SW universe and it would be in keeping with both their character trajectories at the end of CW that they would end up on the same path. Asajj was never and never will be a Sith; Ahsoka is no longer a Jedi. Asajj was drifting back towards the light side and it would be really interesting to see the two of them in this non-afffilated light side column Dave Filoni discussed. Going back to Harley/Ivy for a second, and my thoughts about Ahsoka being in the ST, if she does she'll totally be the Harley of SW at that point.

UPDATE: Link to IGN interview where Dave Filoni discusses the idea of Ahsoka in the movies, and if you read between the lines, suggests this is an idea that has already come up:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/05/star-wars-rebels-co-creator-on-season-1s-big-death-and-big-return-and-where-season-2-will-go

Scockery:
Next Inquisitor will be Barriss Offee. And Ahsoka will have to kill her.
Maybe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version